PDA

View Full Version : CALLING ALL SPIES! 2007 SpyFest Challenge presented by Cine Alma Pictures

cinealma
03-16-2007, 02:03 PM
http://www.dvxuser6.com/uploaded/13091/1175638981.gif

Cine Alma Pictures, the production team behind the soon to be released films, PROF TARGET and EL PRINCIPIANTE (The Beginner), and premiering at DVXUser SpyFest, announces the CALLING ALL SPIES! 2007 SpyFest Challenge. $250 cash prize to be awarded.

Will YOU accept the challenge?

>>>>>>>>>> MISSION INITITATED <<<<<<<<<<<

.ALL AGENTS HAVE BEEN ASSIGNED
.MISSION CLOSED TO NEW AGENTS
.ALL MISSION AGENTS REFER TO BUSINESS IN POST #2

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

cinealma
03-16-2007, 02:04 PM
The Mission:

A mole has been discovered in the Sector 9 team. Sector 9 is reponsible for international intelligence and security. Our most decorated Sector 9 agent, Agent X-12, uncovered the identity and location of the mole. Unfortunately, X-12 was eliminated by the enemy before he could take the suspect into custody.

Agent X-12 compiled an initial list of 256 people he believed could be the mole. Your job: retrace X-12's steps and discover who the mole is. You are to provide the specified contact with the identity and location of the mole.

The mission will be dangerous. The enemy will stop at nothing to protect their own. Watch your back. Trust no one.

The Rules:

THERE ARE NO RULES IN THE SPY GAME!

About once a week, Central Intelligence will provide a clue to all agents that will eliminate suspects from X-12's list. Throughout the mission, individual agents will receive intelligence from their handlers, other agents and contacts. Some of it will be helpful, some not so helpful. Some agents may even lose their lives--game over!

FAQ's (please read):

Can I team up with other agents in the contest?
Sure! But their will be only one winner.

Can I hack/cheat/lie/swindle my way around?
You bet. Do whatever it takes to win! HOWEVER, we do not suggest or recommend anything considered illegal under U.S. and international laws.

Can I post information to help other people out?
Do whatever you want. I'm not sure how this would help you though, unless you were trying to pull--

What happens if I am killed off?
Game over. You are out of the contest.

Who decides who gets killed?
Who and when somebody is removed from the game is processed randomly each day. Could be one agent, could be two, could be none.

How do I win?
You first need to come up with the identity and location of the mole. Sometime during the mission, you will be given instructions on how to do this and to whom this information will be passed. The first agent to complete the mission before the deadline will be declared the winner!

How many chances to I get?
YOU GET ONE CHANCE TO GET IT RIGHT. There are three pieces to the puzzle. The identity of the mole, the location of the mole, and the person you are to contact with the information. You must have all three right to win. And you only get one chance at it. Get it wrong, and you will be eliminated!

What do I win?
Two hundred and fifty dollars, U.S.

When does the mission end or when is the deadline?
The mission officially ends at midnight on Saturday, May 26th.

What happends if nobody wins?
Trust us, that won't happen. If somehow hell freezes over and pigs are flying about all over the place, I guess we'll have to do a drawing or something.

When do I start?
Now! Your handler will be contacting you shortly.

What if I have questions?
If you have questions concerning the contest itself, post it in the official thread and we'll reply.

Aren't you going to wish us good luck?
It takes a lot more more than luck to be a spy! But, alright... good luck anyway.

ripupthehwy
03-16-2007, 11:57 PM
Still searching for an incentive to enter this. You got alot more time on your hands than me. lol Good luck !

Mark T. Aro
03-17-2007, 12:48 AM
Cinealma... I guess I am not getting the point of this? I am knew so I am a little slow. Is this part of your marketing for your short or is this just something fun that you are doing?

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/images/smilies/Drogar-Shock%28DBG%29.gif

cinealma
03-17-2007, 09:52 AM
Cinealma... I guess I am not getting the point of this? I am knew so I am a little slow. Is this part of your marketing for your short or is this just something fun that you are doing?

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/images/smilies/Drogar-Shock%28DBG%29.gif

Yes, this is our "Hollywood" marketing campaign for our two films. Heck, the sutdios do this kind of stuff, I figured, why not us? Now if I can just get a banner on cans of Coke.

And this should DEFINITELY be a lot of fun! :happy:

Still searching for an incentive to enter this. You got alot more time on your hands than me. lol Good luck !

Cash prize announced today. How's that for incentive? :thumbsup:

cinealma
03-17-2007, 09:55 AM
PRIZE ANNOUNCEMENT:

1st Place - $250 CASH

scharky
03-18-2007, 04:25 PM
For anyone to take this seriously I would consider changing the start date from April 1st. Just a suggestion. :)

cinealma
03-18-2007, 08:43 PM
For anyone to take this seriously I would consider changing the start date from April 1st. Just a suggestion. :)

You know, I didn't really think about the whole "April Fool" thing when coming up with the start date. But there's no joke about this contest. I hope there will be a good amount of entrants to make it fun.

Jason Ramsey
03-21-2007, 05:27 PM
That's interesting, man. Nice promo. And 250 bucks? Wow.

Jason

cinealma
03-22-2007, 01:01 AM
Only 10 days left until the start of the contest! Make sure you get signed up for the challenge! $250 cash prize up for grabs!

Tom Marshall
03-22-2007, 03:44 PM
Hey John, If I win I'll give ya 50 bucks... ;)

Larry Rutledge
03-22-2007, 03:45 PM
Hey Tommy...if I win, you can give me 50 bucks too :evil:

Jack Daniel Stanley
03-23-2007, 08:36 AM
Intrigued / entered.

Herman Witkam
03-23-2007, 09:03 AM
In as well... :thumbup:

Charli
03-23-2007, 05:44 PM
Okay, I'll admit it, I'm the mole...

cinealma
03-28-2007, 04:47 PM
ONLY 4 DAYS LEFT to sign up for the SpyFest Challenge!

$250 CASH PRIZE on the line!

For info, see first post in thread.

Tom Marshall
03-28-2007, 05:11 PM
Hey Tommy...if I win, you can give me 50 bucks too :evil:

Wait... how would that help ME? :beer:

LloydC
03-31-2007, 01:27 PM
cool promo idea :) .. and well, it worked. I'm intrigued by your film - poster looks great too!

Cheers

Herman Witkam
03-31-2007, 05:15 PM
This contest will begin on SUNDAY APRIL 1st at NOON. Details, rules and prizes will be announced.

hmmm - It's not an april fools joke is it? :)

Keystoned
04-01-2007, 01:39 AM
I was wondering that too :laugh:

cinealma
04-01-2007, 09:43 AM
If I offered up $250 and then said "April Fools!", I think that you'd see the end of me on these boards. This is NOT an April Fools joke. I guess I should have picked a different date to start.

cinealma
04-01-2007, 11:28 AM
TODAY IS THE FINAL DAY to sign up for the SpyFest Challenge!

$250 CASH PRIZE on the line!

For info, see first post in thread.

Jay Rodriguez
04-02-2007, 04:21 PM
well, I guess I missed this one

Jack Daniel Stanley
04-02-2007, 04:46 PM
So are we supposed to go the agent entry point link? It is not working.
Or will I be contacted?
I am entered and see my spyname, but I do not know how to compete.

Larry Rutledge
04-02-2007, 04:50 PM
Then you have already failed the mission -- turn in your spy credentials immediately. :evil:

Actually, I was wondering the same thing...but wasn't brave enough to ask (didn't want to incur any ridicule :embarasse)

cinealma
04-02-2007, 08:45 PM
Info coming. Sorry for the slight delay. I will have all the info up this evening, after I get all my little spies in bed and asleep as I am sans wife tonight.

Jack Daniel Stanley
04-02-2007, 08:53 PM
No worries.
Just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong.
:beer:

cinealma
04-03-2007, 04:35 PM
Updated (post #1, #2).

Ted Arabian
04-03-2007, 04:43 PM
Aren't you going to wish us good luck?
It takes a lot more more than luck to be a spy! But, alright... good luck anyway.
haha! Awesome!

Agent X-00
04-05-2007, 02:55 PM
IT IS WITH REGRET TO INFORM YOU THAT ONE OF OUR OWN, AGENT RUMPLEKILLSKIN, WAS FOUND DEAD IN A DITCH CREEK IN NORTHERN ENGLAND THIS MORNING. HE HAD BEEN SHOT IN THE HEAD. HIS LEFT HAND HAD BEEN SEVERED AND HAS NOT BEEN LOCATED NEAR THE BODY.

http://www.dvxuser6.com/uploaded/13091/1175805880.jpg

NO NEW DETAILS HAVE BEEN RELEASED.

REMAINING AGENTS ON MISSION:

AGENT 000
AGENT 23
AGENT 47
AGENT 007-B
AGENT 20-20
AGENT AAA
AGENT BALLBUSTER
AGENT BALONEY
AGENT BIG KAHUNA
AGENT BLACK 78
AGENT BLACK WIDOW
AGENT BLANKET JACKSON
AGENT BLOOD BLISTER
AGENT CHIMP
AGENT COBRA
AGENT CONSTEE PEEPERS
AGENT CRAZYLEGS
AGENT CRITTERS
AGENT DARK ORANGE
AGENT DEATH ANGEL X
AGENT DOOM
AGENT DOUBLE DEE
AGENT DR. ACULA
AGENT DRAGO
AGENT EL GUAPO
AGENT FRANK BOOTH
AGENT GROUCHO
AGENT HERMES
AGENT ICE
AGENT JACK BAUER
AGENT JANE BOND
AGENT JASON X
AGENT JOSE CUERVO
AGENT KHID
AGENT KILLSWITCH
AGENT KOVACS
AGENT KUJO
AGENT MIDNIGHT COWBOY
AGENT MIKE
AGENT MISS MUFFET
AGENT MISTER ROGERS
AGENT MONTANA
AGENT MORPHEUS
AGENT MR TINGLE
AGENT MR. SPY
AGENT NICE GUY EDDIE
AGENT PEE PEE STAIN
AGENT PHOENIX
AGENT Q
AGENT QUINN
AGENT SKYWALKER
AGENT STORMBREAKER
AGENT TED
AGENT TIMBERWOLF
AGENT TINDERBOX
AGENT TRANSEXUAL CHOCOLATE
AGENT TRIPLE X
AGENT UNKNOWN
AGENT X
AGENT XQ29
AGENT YOUNGBLOOD
AGENT ZERO
AGENT ZYLA

X-00 out.

Larry Rutledge
04-05-2007, 04:15 PM
How many chances to I get?
YOU GET ONE CHANCE TO GET IT RIGHT. There are three pieces to the puzzle. The identity of the mole, the location of the mole, and the person you are to contact with the information. You must have all three right to win. And you only get one chance at it. Get it wrong, and you will be eliminated!

Does this rule mean that guessing wrong on any one of the clues? I'm asking because I submitted an answer to the first clue, got a response back that the information was wrong. I then saw the above post and I'm still listed in the agent list, but while reading the first post (looking for any clues) I came across this rule.

So, the real question is...am I still in, or am I out?

cinealma
04-05-2007, 06:43 PM
Does this rule mean that guessing wrong on any one of the clues? I'm asking because I submitted an answer to the first clue, got a response back that the information was wrong. I then saw the above post and I'm still listed in the agent list, but while reading the first post (looking for any clues) I came across this rule.

So, the real question is...am I still in, or am I out?

Yes, you're still in. The one chance rule is in regards to the final answer to win the contest, that is, when you make contact with the name and location of the mole. This will become clearer once everybody is further into the contest, preventing somebody from "stuffing the ballot box" as it were.

AmyO
04-05-2007, 07:15 PM
I'm almost embarrased to bring this up, but I'm having difficulty even making it past the sentry. Has your system been tested to work with Mac browsers? It's most likely that I'm totally clueless about how to get in, but I'd like to rule out browser issues.

Thanks for putting together this contest!

Charli
04-05-2007, 07:25 PM
I'm too right brained to get anywhere.

Larry Rutledge
04-05-2007, 07:50 PM
Amy - I'm not using a Mac, but I am relatively certain there isn't a problem. It doesn't seem to work until you enter the right code. For me it finally responded when I, presumably, entered the correct code and hit ENTER. I assume it was correct as I then gained access to another screen, but alas I'm stuck there at the moment so I can't be certain it was the correct code yet.

So all that to say it is most likely working for you, just need to enter the correct code.

AmyO
04-05-2007, 08:27 PM
Thanks, Larry. Like I said, I'm pretty sure it's just user error, but I've been left out of web based things before because I'm on a Mac, so I thought I'd check. I'll keep plugging away at it, though. :)

BryantStanton
04-05-2007, 09:58 PM
Wow. I feel dumb.

Seriously can't get past the sentry screen. I have a feeling the answer is right in front of me and I'm going to feel especially stupid when (and if) I get it figured out.

Larry Rutledge
04-05-2007, 11:08 PM
If what I put in that got me onto another screen is right, then yes it is right in front of you.

Amy - as long as you have a functioning flash player you should be fine. If you see the numbers and entry field you're good...just have to figure what to put in.

Peace,
Larry

BryantStanton
04-06-2007, 12:51 AM
This is driving me crazy.

I'm assuming the beeps mean something along the lines of "Wrong, Wrong, Wrong, Wrong (ad infintium)"

EDIT:

Thank god. I'm smack dab in the middle of more confusion, but I was able to make it past the first part! Wooo!

EDIT AGAIN:
Aha! This is quite fun/interesting when it gets rolling!

Charli
04-06-2007, 10:21 AM
I've gotten so many numbers and different words, but no access. I sort of understand where it's all coming from, I'm just not a good spy.

AlphaCarbon
04-06-2007, 10:36 AM
is it too late to enter in the spyfest?

Charli
04-06-2007, 10:46 AM
No, entries are not due until the end of May, you have lots of time, join in.

cinealma
04-06-2007, 11:47 AM
Acutally, the contest has all ready started and no new agents are being accepted. The deadline was April 1st. HOWEVER, a little bird told me that new recruits might be able to join on at a later date, BUT they would be handicapped by having to start at the beginning and therefore be behind as far as time is concerned.

JOE BLO
04-06-2007, 01:16 PM
I can't break the code to enter the sentery system. I'm mac based, but apparently that isn't the reason I can't get on. I'll keep at it. A spy never says quit...or is that a marine?

AlphaCarbon
04-06-2007, 02:19 PM
ok , keep me updated on when i can enter... i cant start working on it till may 11th anyway so thats not a huge problem...

Agent X-00
04-06-2007, 02:53 PM
IT IS WITH REGRET TO INFORM YOU THAT ONE OF OUR OWN, AGENT DOUBLE DEE, DIED IN A HIGHWAY ACCIDENT IN UPSTATE NEW YORK TODAY. SHE WAS DRIVING HER TRUCK WHEN SHE COLLIDED HEAD ON WITH A LIMOUSINE WHEN THE LARGE CAR SWERVED INTO HER LANE, TRAVELLING IN THE WRONG DIRECTION. NO REMAINS OF THE LIMOUSINE DRIVER HAVE BEEN FOUND. AT LEAST ONE PASSENGER IS BELIEVED TO HAVE FLED THE SCENE ON FOOT.

http://www.dvxuser6.com/uploaded/13091/1175892138.jpg

MISSION AGENTS:

AGENT 000
AGENT 23
AGENT 47
AGENT 007-B
AGENT 20-20
AGENT AAA
AGENT BALLBUSTER
AGENT BALONEY
AGENT BIG KAHUNA
AGENT BLACK 78
AGENT BLACK WIDOW
AGENT BLANKET JACKSON
AGENT BLOOD BLISTER
AGENT CHIMP
AGENT COBRA
AGENT CONSTEE PEEPERS
AGENT CRAZYLEGS
AGENT CRITTERS
AGENT DARK ORANGE
AGENT DEATH ANGEL X
AGENT DOOM
AGENT DOUBLE DEE - RIP :-Mark-13(DBG)
AGENT DR. ACULA
AGENT DRAGO
AGENT EL GUAPO
AGENT FRANK BOOTH
AGENT GROUCHO
AGENT HERMES
AGENT ICE
AGENT JACK BAUER
AGENT JANE BOND
AGENT JASON X
AGENT JOSE CUERVO
AGENT KHID
AGENT KILLSWITCH
AGENT KOVACS
AGENT KUJO
AGENT MIDNIGHT COWBOY
AGENT MIKE
AGENT MISS MUFFET
AGENT MISTER ROGERS
AGENT MONTANA
AGENT MORPHEUS
AGENT MR TINGLE
AGENT MR. SPY
AGENT NICE GUY EDDIE
AGENT PEE PEE STAIN
AGENT PHOENIX
AGENT Q
AGENT QUINN
AGENT RUMPLEKILLSKIN - RIP :-Mark-13(DBG)
AGENT SKYWALKER
AGENT STORMBREAKER
AGENT TED
AGENT TIMBERWOLF
AGENT TINDERBOX
AGENT TRIPLE X
AGENT UNKNOWN
AGENT X
AGENT XQ29
AGENT YOUNGBLOOD
AGENT ZERO
AGENT ZYLA

X-00 out.

LloydC
04-06-2007, 07:23 PM
I got passed the password part. I can't get past that second part!

Jack Sprat
04-10-2007, 03:04 PM
Do you want to know the how to get into the "system"?

You'll have to do something for me first. A friend of mine is going to arrive in Paris from London on the Eurostar rail this Friday. He leaves in the morning and gets into Paris about 2:00 in the afternoon. I need the train number.

PM me the train number and I'll tell you how to get into the system.

-js

Agent X-00
04-17-2007, 10:35 AM
IT IS WITH A HEAVY HEART THAT I INFORM YOU THAT WE LOST FOUR OF OUR BEST AGENTS THIS PAST WEEKEND. AGENTS 000, BALONEY, JOSE CUERVO, AND YOUNGBLOOD WERE ALL KILLED WHEN A BOMB EXPLODED ON A TRAIN IN THE NEW YORK METROPOLITAN AREA. WE HAVE FEW LEADS BUT A RELIABLE SOURCE TELLS US THAT IT WAS MOST LIKELY THE WORK OF M.O.G.U.L. AND COORDINATED BY SOMEBODY ON THE INSIDE. KEEP YOUR EYES AND EARS OPEN!

http://www.dvxuser6.com/uploaded/13091/1176827216.jpg

MISSION AGENTS:

AGENT 000 - RIP :-Mark-13(DBG)
AGENT 23
AGENT 47
AGENT 007-B
AGENT 20-20
AGENT AAA
AGENT BALLBUSTER
AGENT BALONEY - RIP :-Mark-13(DBG)
AGENT BIG KAHUNA
AGENT BLACK 78
AGENT BLACK WIDOW
AGENT BLANKET JACKSON
AGENT BLOOD BLISTER
AGENT CHIMP
AGENT COBRA
AGENT CONSTEE PEEPERS
AGENT CRAZYLEGS
AGENT CRITTERS
AGENT DARK ORANGE
AGENT DEATH ANGEL X
AGENT DOOM
AGENT DOUBLE DEE - RIP :-Mark-13(DBG)
AGENT DR. ACULA
AGENT DRAGO
AGENT EL GUAPO
AGENT FRANK BOOTH
AGENT GROUCHO
AGENT HERMES
AGENT ICE
AGENT JACK BAUER
AGENT JANE BOND
AGENT JASON X
AGENT JOSE CUERVO - RIP :-Mark-13(DBG)
AGENT KHID
AGENT KILLSWITCH
AGENT KOVACS
AGENT KUJO
AGENT MIDNIGHT COWBOY
AGENT MIKE
AGENT MISS MUFFET
AGENT MISTER ROGERS
AGENT MONTANA
AGENT MORPHEUS
AGENT MR TINGLE
AGENT MR. SPY
AGENT NICE GUY EDDIE
AGENT PEE PEE STAIN
AGENT PHOENIX
AGENT Q
AGENT QUINN
AGENT RUMPLEKILLSKIN - RIP :-Mark-13(DBG)
AGENT SKYWALKER
AGENT STORMBREAKER
AGENT TED
AGENT TIMBERWOLF
AGENT TINDERBOX
AGENT TRIPLE X
AGENT UNKNOWN
AGENT X
AGENT XQ29
AGENT YOUNGBLOOD - RIP :-Mark-13(DBG)
AGENT ZERO
AGENT ZYLA

X-00 out.

Agent X-00
04-24-2007, 11:46 AM
ATTENTION ALL AGENTS:

Our contact in the field has the following information regarding the identity of the mole...

THE MOLE'S NAME IS ROBERT OR ROBERTA.

X-00 Out.

ODIN
04-24-2007, 12:56 PM
http://www.cinealma.com/x99/?/?/?

Does this look familiar?

Bring me Thor's hammer and I will tell you more.

-ODIN

Agent X-00
05-08-2007, 05:52 PM
SAD NEWS TODAY. I MUST INFORM YOU THAT WE LOST SEVEN MORE OF OUR BEST AGENTS IN THE LAST WEEK. AGENTS 007-B, BALLBUSTER, DOOM, JACK BAUER, PEE PEE STAIN, TRANSEXUAL CHOCOLATE, AND UNKNOWN WERE ALL KILLED BY ASSASSINS. WE HAVE TO SUSPECT THAT M.O.G.U.L. COORDINATED THESE ATTACKS. STAY SAFE AND I HOPE WE CAN PUT AN END TO THIS SOON.

MISSION AGENTS:

AGENT 000 - RIP
AGENT 23
AGENT 47
AGENT 007-B - RIP
AGENT 20-20
AGENT AAA
AGENT BALLBUSTER - RIP
AGENT BALONEY - RIP
AGENT BIG KAHUNA
AGENT BLACK 78
AGENT BLACK WIDOW
AGENT BLANKET JACKSON
AGENT BLOOD BLISTER
AGENT CHIMP
AGENT COBRA
AGENT CONSTEE PEEPERS
AGENT CRAZYLEGS
AGENT CRITTERS
AGENT DARK ORANGE
AGENT DEATH ANGEL X
AGENT DOOM - RIP
AGENT DOUBLE DEE - RIP
AGENT DR. ACULA
AGENT DRAGO
AGENT EL GUAPO
AGENT FRANK BOOTH
AGENT GROUCHO
AGENT HERMES
AGENT ICE
AGENT JACK BAUER - RIP
AGENT JANE BOND
AGENT JASON X
AGENT JOSE CUERVO - RIP
AGENT KHID
AGENT KILLSWITCH
AGENT KOVACS
AGENT KUJO
AGENT MIDNIGHT COWBOY
AGENT MIKE
AGENT MISS MUFFET
AGENT MISTER ROGERS
AGENT MONTANA
AGENT MORPHEUS
AGENT MR TINGLE
AGENT MR. SPY
AGENT NICE GUY EDDIE
AGENT PEE PEE STAIN - RIP
AGENT PHOENIX
AGENT Q
AGENT QUINN
AGENT RUMPLEKILLSKIN - RIP
AGENT SKYWALKER
AGENT STORMBREAKER
AGENT TED
AGENT TIMBERWOLF
AGENT TINDERBOX
AGENT TRANSEXUAL CHOCOLATE - RIP
AGENT TRIPLE X
AGENT UNKNOWN - RIP
AGENT X
AGENT XQ29
AGENT YOUNGBLOOD - RIP
AGENT ZERO
AGENT ZYLA

X-00 out.

Agent X-00
05-08-2007, 05:54 PM
ATTENTION ALL AGENTS:

Our contact in the field has the following information regarding the identity of the mole...

THE MOLE IS A MAN.

X-00 Out.

cinealma
05-31-2007, 03:06 PM
IMPORTANT NOTICE:

The contest is dead. Getting feedback from people, it seems that a lot of people were out making films instead of trying to win this little contest. And my hats of to them! As the Spy Fest deadline got closer and closer, the less people stayed involved in this thing and honestly didn't have the time to work at it. This contest was not going to be an easy one, but it was all very logical and straightforward (although some may argue that on the initial challenges).

So, at this time, I have to announce, yep, you guessed it, NO WINNER. I vowed that I would have a winner, though. So...

Once Spy Fest officially begins screening, there will be a drawing to determine the winner. BUT, there will be a single task that has to be completed in order to qualify for the drawing.

I will announce the rules when Spy Fest begins.

Thanks,

John G.