PDA

View Full Version : I'd like to score for Spyfest

Manuu
03-16-2007, 10:54 AM
Hey folks,

First of all a huge "HELLO!!!" to all 'cuz this is my first post here. Just heard good things about you guys since my friend Justin R Durban told me a lot about this forum :happy:

I just put up a song on my MySpace-Page (http://www.myspace.com/manuelmatschke) I exclusively recorded as a promotionan-song for the Spyfest. I hope you like it. Would be great if some(one) of you guys is still looking for a composer!
More songs will follow next week.

You can contact me via: PM here at DVX or on MySpace
or you can send me an email to: ancient_tears@web.de If you send me an email please write something like (SPYFEST) in the headline... friggin' spam-filters

Take care,

Manuel

Brandon Rice
03-16-2007, 11:25 AM
I wanted to give a plug for Manuel. He wrote a piece for Smuggler's Ransom, and he did a fantastic job! Highly recommend him!

Brandon Rice
03-16-2007, 11:28 AM
And that track on your myspace freakin' rocks dude! I love it!

Ki-Ki
03-16-2007, 11:40 AM
Talented,

jeremytuttle
03-16-2007, 01:02 PM
Great song Manuel, very spyish (if that is a word). Can't wait to hear what you bring to SpyFest.

Tom Marshall
03-16-2007, 01:36 PM
Yeah, spyish is a word... so it tuttlish... :beer:

Edgen
03-16-2007, 05:09 PM
Killer! Way to finally post Manuel! I dig your work and If you guys don't have a composer for your film yet, I'd highly recommend his work.

Good luck my friend!

/j

Herman Witkam
03-16-2007, 06:15 PM
Great stuff @ your Myspace page, Manuel!

Tom Marshall
03-16-2007, 06:43 PM
I've gotta say, you musicians sure have a good sense of comraderie. :)

Geoff_R
03-16-2007, 06:57 PM
Great stuff @ your Myspace page, Manuel!
Yea! I'm listening to it now. Nice :)

Mark T. Aro
03-17-2007, 12:07 AM
Listening now... sounds great! Welcome to the list. I too am a newbie, welcome brother.

Manuu
03-17-2007, 02:25 AM
Hey guys. Thank you so much for all the nice replies and comments! I really hope that there's still someone out there looking for some spyish (was that the word?) music.

Take care and enjoy your weekend

Manuel

Edgen
03-17-2007, 10:21 AM
Manuel, looking forward to hearing your new tracks. Hopefully i'll have 'Craven the Vampire' film finished in no time. Which, btw everyone... Manuel's "Craven" in the film. It was a project shot on the DVX where we filmed it in one night, edited the next day and Manuel scored it the day after that.

Hopefully i'll have a QT file here soon for you guys to watch.

schweeet!

Quotes:

Craven...
"Light is So Overrated"
"I've been bizzzeee"

/j

Edgen
03-19-2007, 12:45 AM
Alrighty Everyone!! Here's Manuel's score to "Craven" where he actually plays the character in the short film, "Craven".

http://edgen.hostpaw.com/craven.wmv
*Edit*
http://edgen.hostpaw.com/craven.mov

Shot on the DVX in one night, edited the next day and Manuel scored it the day after that using my computer. I mean.. what else is one to do? Just sit around and do nothing? :)

(sorry, all i could get compress at the moment is a .wmv)

enjoy!
/j

Manuu
03-19-2007, 12:30 PM
Thanx dude,

Had a lot of fun that night. Drinking Dr. Pepper with Captain Morgan and Bud and screwing up my neck by hanging head-over on a canvas chair for hours... haha.

Well I'm definitely looking forward to my next visit.

Yep, enjoy!

Manuel

Sid Barnhoorn
03-19-2007, 01:45 PM
Ey Manuel,

I like the work on your myspace profile, I added you btw! ;-)

Cheers,

Manuu
03-20-2007, 08:26 AM
Allright, for those who are interrested:

New song is uploaded on my MySpace-page (http://www.myspace.com/manuelmatschke). The compression isn't very good.... I'm working on that.

Enjoy,

Manuel

Ladyhazle
03-20-2007, 10:39 AM
Awesome sound Manuel! You have a bright future.:beer:

Edgen
03-20-2007, 10:45 AM
hell ya manuel! I dig the new track. I'm starting to see you develop your own 'style' and sound. It's hard to describe, but maybe that's the rock and heavy metal guitar background?

Very cool. Keep them rollin'!

/j

Manuu
03-20-2007, 11:36 AM
Wooza, well I guess you probably can hear my rock-metal-influences a tiny 'lil bit, haha. But the next one will be a more traditional and orchestral piece... ;o)

Thanx for the comments,

Cheers buddies,
Manuel

Herman Witkam
03-20-2007, 01:38 PM
Cool - I have a bit of a rock/metal background as well.

Matt Grunau
03-27-2007, 08:20 PM
That song was damn impressive. Holy cats!

Great job.