PDA

View Full Version : Spy Master

Pages : [1] 2 3

Ted Arabian
03-10-2007, 12:06 PM
http://www.dvxuser6.com/uploaded/20191/1180742150.jpg

Car Crane Rig photos here... http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?p=948713#post948713

Close Call video here... http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?p=945754#post945754

The Cop Stop video here... http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?p=940051#post940051

Ribs and Jibs! Photos with Jim and Arik here... http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?p=945692#post945692

Here are a couple of grabs from Friday's shoot. (Yes, these we're taken BEFORE the cops came!)

In this set-up, the dvx is mounted on the outside of the vehicle using the rig that I created ( http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?p=936048#post=936048 )

I used two (awesome) VIDLEDs with 1/4 CTO. They worked great. (thanks again, Chuck!) I will be posting some pix of the interior set-up later.

For now... enjoy the grabs. And if you haven't checked out "The Cop Stop," please do. I think that you will enjoy it. It's only 2 1/2 minutes long and 13 MB big... or small.

Thanks!

-Ted

BTW, my two actors are:

Arik Blanchard and Audrey Rouleau

http://www.dvxuser6.com/uploaded/20191/1180744227.jpg

FOR AMUSEMENT PURPOSES ONLY

Well, what would a Ted Arabian film be with a ladder involved???

This is my new (used) crane!!! I do have a Bogen 3191 (sticks) coming on Saturday but I couldn't wait to just test this puppy out!!! (though, the ladder does work well!)

btw, folks... this Glidecam Camcrane 100 ROCKS!!! (well, actually it is smooth and silent.... but you know what I mean!) This crane is so light yet sturdy. It just feels great. And I love that it breaks down into 4 different lengths from this 8'1" length to a 3'3" length. Perfect for those tight rooms!

http://www.dvxuser6.com/uploaded/20191/1178643510.jpg

http://www.dvxuser6.com/uploaded/20191/1178643554.jpg

http://www.dvxuser6.com/uploaded/20191/1178643584.jpg

I have to give you a close-up of the label here. Dave Steven at Glidecam has been SO INCREDIBLE to work with. I have mentioned in a previous post that Dave has gone above and beyond the expected level of customer service that I have ever seen! Emails are returned immediately and the service has been spotless! A great guy, if you don't know already! Thanks again Dave! LINK TO MY POST ABOUT DAVE... http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showpost.php?p=939170&postcount=290

http://www.dvxuser6.com/uploaded/20191/1178643615.jpg

http://www.dvxuser6.com/uploaded/20191/1178643660.jpg

more pix below

Ted Arabian
03-10-2007, 12:07 PM
Car Mount Rig

http://www.dvxuser6.com/uploaded/20191/1178059298.jpg

http://www.dvxuser6.com/uploaded/20191/1178059382.jpg

I put on my Porta Brace rain cover to keep bugs from collecting on my camera.

http://www.dvxuser6.com/uploaded/20191/1178059445.jpg

http://www.dvxuser6.com/uploaded/20191/1178059470.jpg

This system is working well. The Slik tripod has a pistol grip/ball head and legs that lock in any angle, making it very useful.

I plan to shoot through the front windshield as well with the rig. I've tested the mounting on it and it works great!

Okay.... more to come...

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!

My tripod set-up JUST arrived! (I nearly tackled the poor FedEx guy!)

Anyway.... I am starting to look PRO! (not that the ladders diminish my "production values!" :grin: )

http://www.dvxuser6.com/uploaded/20191/1178893823.jpg

http://www.dvxuser6.com/uploaded/20191/1178893855.jpg

http://www.dvxuser6.com/uploaded/20191/1178893898.jpg

Tomorrow, I will be placing the crane on this puppy!!!

YES!

One more package to arrive.....

Original NEWS.......

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>UPDATE CONTINUED......

As I stated last night, I have a script. I am pretty happy with it and am going to find a few select people to read it for feedback and suggestions.

As it stand right now, the initial breakdown of the script is:

3 Actors (2-M/1-F)

4 Locations (3-EXT/1-INT)

1 Ladder! :)

.....more to come!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> UPDATE 03 - 13 - 07

Today I wrote a 6 page script!!! Yes, 6 PAGES! Not 12, not 8 1/2 but 6! Hopefully I won't be struggling to get my short in under 6 minutes this time!

The funny thing is that the script is NOT what I intended or started out with. But like I said earlier, with a title like SPY MASTER, just about any story will fit!

Now, if this script "sticks" and gets the GREEN LIGHT, I'll soon be on my way to actually posting some real info!

And due to the high demand of requests.... I HAVE written a cameo for myself!

Cheers!

...... update within an update...... My wife just read the script and loves it! It looks like we have a go! woo-hoo!!!

>>>>>UPDATE TO MY UPDATE BANNER>>>>>>>>>>>>

Wow! Talk about an optical illusion! My banner looks like it is about to slide off the screen! It had a bit of a "tilt" look to it but now it looks like it is seriously slanted.

Really sorry about the obnoxious quality of my banner. I WILL work on changing it!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> UPDATE 03 - 12 - 07

Woke this morning to a plethora of SpyFest stories! And I am not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

I spent much of this past weekend (including the lost hour!) working on my script. I have a concept and was able to give it a title but as for the rest, there is a long way to go!

However, last night, everyone of my dreams were filled with action-packed spy stories. Some were very exciting and am now re-thinking my story. Luckily, I feel that they can be woven into my script. In any case, I'll leave my title alone. "Spy Master" is so blatant, I can weave it in no matter what!

ORIGINAL POST (below)

Ted Arabian's entry for SpyFest....

Poster and Info to come....

Not a lot to add right now but just joining the party!!!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

What is known......

The film has a title and an outline. Script is in progress.

SPY MASTER will be shot in New England.

As it stands right now, I will serve as the writer, director and director of photography. I WILL NOT star in this film!!!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

SPY MASTER will be the third film that I will have made. I am really looking forward to utilizing everything that I have learned in my previous two films and incorporating them. I have learned so much and such a short time.

I really have to give a huge THANK YOU to dvxuser.com, Jarred, Barry_S, the entire Mod Squad and all of the users here on this forum. I don't mean to sound cliche but this site has provided me with inspiration and knowledge. Without this site, I might probably still be sitting at home with my camera "talking" about making films.

Thank you all.

Michael_Petro
03-10-2007, 12:29 PM
Welcome aboard Theodore :beer:

Edgen
03-10-2007, 12:31 PM
Welcome to the club! :) Looking forward to checking out your film.

I think you should at least make a cameo.

/j

Ted Arabian
03-10-2007, 12:31 PM
Thanks Michael. Great to be "officially" on board!

Ted Arabian
03-10-2007, 12:33 PM
Welcome to the club! :) Looking forward to checking out your film.

I think you should at least make a cameo.

/j
haha! Most likely will! Thanks Justin. I do appreciate the welcome.

Geoff_R
03-10-2007, 01:07 PM
Glad you're onboard Ted! And I agree with Justin, you should make a cameo or something :)

Mark Harris
03-10-2007, 01:09 PM
awesome Ted, good to hear you're jumping in.

Ted Arabian
03-10-2007, 01:15 PM
Hey there Geoff! Man, congrats again on your dramafest entry. I am so happy for you. I have gone back and watched it several times. Really great work.

As for a cameo.... I most likely will be in some reflection or something unintentional! I may put myself in it IF the script calls for it but I would really like to just focus on shooting this.

It was an amazing experience for me to shoot TTN and not even think about being in the film. But you never know.... I do enjoy performing so much.

Funny though, I have just spent a bit of time looking at I.D. (my horrorfest entry) and was marvelling at how I pulled that off. Just crazy.

Thanks again for the welcome, Geoff!

Ted Arabian
03-10-2007, 01:16 PM
awesome Ted, good to hear you're jumping in.
hey, thanks Mark! I have to do this... how else am I going to get better doing this???

I appreciate the message.

Blaine
03-10-2007, 01:18 PM
Good luck, Ted. I'm going to look forward to seeing what you come up with. :thumbsup:

Ki-Ki
03-10-2007, 01:20 PM
been wondering if your gonna enter, all the best on the short***

Tom Marshall
03-10-2007, 01:22 PM
Ted! Good to see you're in for this one. I hadn't seen you around for a while and thought you retired from the whole filmmaking thing... :grin:

Ralph Oshiro
03-10-2007, 01:31 PM
LOVE the banner, Ted!

cinealma
03-10-2007, 01:34 PM
Ted, great to see you putting a project together for this one. I'm looking forward to it.

jeremytuttle
03-10-2007, 01:34 PM
Sweet Ted glad your in on this one. Keep us updated.

Ted Arabian
03-10-2007, 01:42 PM
Wow! Thanks a lot everyone! I appreciate the warm welcome! I am so glad to be involved.

LOVE the banner, Ted!
Damn, Rez... this is quite a compliment coming from you! You are my hero when it comes to graphic arts!

Ted! Good to see you're in for this one. I hadn't seen you around for a while and thought you retired from the whole filmmaking thing... :grin:
hahaha!!! Yeah, I've been very busy. I took so much time off to do TTN that I have had so much to catch-up on. It's beeen a good busy, though... I've designed 2 sets and 3 lighting plots in the past few weeks. Like I said, a good busy.

Thanks again, all. I really love this place and the people that make it.

-Ted

Ted Arabian
03-10-2007, 01:46 PM
Good luck, Ted. I'm going to look forward to seeing what you come up with. :thumbsup:
Blaine, I can't even imagine doing a film with a person like you to handle all of the planning and paperwork. You are so amazing. How do you feel about handling the work 3000 miles away? I imagine that we could make it work. (Of course, I am being purely selfish as I hate paperwork!!!)

Jazz Dog
03-10-2007, 01:57 PM
Nice to see you in Ted. I too am stepping out from infront of the camera on this one and actually using some actors, well, friends who can act. Nice to actually be able to concentrate on shots and not trying to act while pushing the camera in a baby stroller.
Looking forward to your entry.

Ted Arabian
03-10-2007, 02:01 PM
been wondering if your gonna enter, all the best on the short***
Thanks Ki-Ki. I've known that I would enter, I have just been trying to come up with a title. Today, I got it!

I know that it doesn't sound very original, "Spy Master" but I think it works for what I am intending. Should be fun.

Ted, great to see you putting a project together for this one. I'm looking forward to it.
Thanks John! And good luck to you with your film out there in the festival circuit!!! I may get to the Boston fest to check it out there!

Sweet Ted glad your in on this one. Keep us updated.
You got it, Jeremy!

Again, great work to you and your team on dramafest. What a great job you guys did there! I am looking forward to your next film!

Blaine
03-10-2007, 02:01 PM
Blaine, I can't even imagine doing a film with a person like you to handle all of the planning and paperwork. You are so amazing. How do you feel about handling the work 3000 miles away? I imagine that we could make it work. (Of course, I am being purely selfish as I hate paperwork!!!)I could do that. Just send the script along when it's finished. Of course I'll need everyone's name and email contact for call sheets and what not. :thumbsup:

Norm Sanders
03-10-2007, 02:04 PM
I said it in the "Who's In?" thread, but I'll say it here too:

YAY!! TED'S IN!! :thumbsup: Looking forward to it, Ted!

Ted Arabian
03-10-2007, 02:07 PM
Nice to see you in Ted. I too am stepping out from infront of the camera on this one and actually using some actors, well, friends who can act. Nice to actually be able to concentrate on shots and not trying to act while pushing the camera in a baby stroller.
Looking forward to your entry.
hahaha! I hear you! Good for you! And good luck on SpyFest. I enjoyed dramafest entry. I apologize that I never got around to writing up my review. I did watch it and just took a look at my notes. I thought you did a great job with your one man effort and I really liked your music.

Thanks again Jazz Dog... looking forward to witnessing your continued growth as a filmmaker!

-Ted

Ted Arabian
03-10-2007, 02:10 PM
I said it in the "Who's In?" thread, but I'll say it here too:

YAY!! TED'S IN!! :thumbsup: Looking forward to it, Ted!
Aw, geez.... thanks Norm! I appreciate it!

Congrats again to you and Rebecca on your incredible dramafest entry! I am looking forward to what you two come up with next. I have an active mind imagining "Berlin!" You've got a great premise happening there!

Thanks again, Norm!

I could do that. Just send the script along when it's finished. Of course I'll need everyone's name and email contact for call sheets and what not. :thumbsup:
Whoot! :) You got it!!!

TimurCivan
03-10-2007, 07:59 PM
ted in DA HOUUUUUSE.

Jason Ramsey
03-10-2007, 10:27 PM
Duhn, dun, dunnnnn.

Ted. Ted-a-rooster. Tedster. The Tedmeister. Ted-o-rama.

Awesome. Glad to see you in the fest.

Aww, come on, man. You sure you don't want to go back to your roots and make this another one man effort? :) I can get the wife and baby to hold the boom mic for you, heh.

Good luck, Ted. I'm going to look forward to seeing what you come up with.

But, you aren't yet, Blaine? :thumbsup:

Glad to see you in the fest, Ted. 3rd times a charm, as they say, right?

Take care,
Jason

TimurCivan
03-11-2007, 04:12 AM
Ted you do know that i petitioned to have your User status chaged to "Ladderman"???

Ted Arabian
03-11-2007, 07:09 AM
hee hee.. thanks guys!

Timur, I can wait to show off the next level of LADDERS ON A SET that I have planned. (hmmm, that kinda sounds like Snakes on a Plane!) Seriously, I do have a crazy idea that I am working on and it may just earn me that title!

Jason, Thanks for helping me out. I imagine that you are the one who changed my title page? And as for going back to my roots.... hell, I am already pretty much at the base of the stem! Maybe after I get to the bud or at least above ground level, I'll go back and visit my roots! :grin:

btw, what happened to spam-hater? "Marketing Manager? sounds so serious... is that for real?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thanks again everyone for welcoming me into the fest. This place ROCKS!

Charli
03-11-2007, 09:02 AM
A spy that plays football.
A spy that uses a ladder when he plays football.

Am I close? Use the internet to your fullest advantage, Theo, for there is a lot you can do preproduction wise without every leaving your home. Blaine wants to help revise your script or just set the scheduling, because if he wants to work on that script, well then, he's going to have to fight me! Come on, Blaine, put 'em up.

Ki-Ki
03-11-2007, 09:12 AM
- Sits & passes popcorn -

Charli
03-11-2007, 10:17 AM
A spy that plays football who gets hit over the head in the kitchen with a lead pipe.

Jason Ramsey
03-11-2007, 10:38 AM
Wasn't me ted. I think Mikko changed it for ya.

'break a leg' in the fest man. bring out the details soon.

Jason

Ki-Ki
03-11-2007, 10:56 AM
Aye it was Mikko......i have no idea what the beep you lot are on about though?

But mikko changed the title if thats what your on about, take a look in the 'Whos In' thread.

Ted Arabian
03-11-2007, 12:24 PM
Wasn't me ted. I think Mikko changed it for ya.

'break a leg' in the fest man. bring out the details soon.

Jason
Ah! Thanks Mikko!

As for details... as soon as I can establish them, I'll post 'em! Thanks again for the kuddos.

Aye it was Mikko......i have no idea what the beep you lot are on about though?

But mikko changed the title if thats what your on about, take a look in the 'Whos In' thread.
huh? Are there words missing in this sentence? "i have no idea what the beep you lot are on about though?" :huh:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Charli, you're crackin' me up with your suggestions. I may just have to shoot a short independent of this fest based on your ideas!!!

Tom Marshall
03-11-2007, 01:24 PM
A spy that plays football.
A spy that uses a ladder when he plays football.

Am I close? Use the internet to your fullest advantage, Theo, for there is a lot you can do preproduction wise without every leaving your home. Blaine wants to help revise your script or just set the scheduling, because if he wants to work on that script, well then, he's going to have to fight me! Come on, Blaine, put 'em up.

He's just going to help with the scheduling.

Ki-Ki
03-11-2007, 01:55 PM
huh? Are there words missing in this sentence? "i have no idea what the beep you lot are on about though?" :huh:

I just get confused alot.

- Continues popcorn munching -

Ted Arabian
03-11-2007, 02:19 PM
Popcorn munching I understand!

Ki-Ki
03-11-2007, 03:10 PM
- Munched quieter....slurped down Pepsi -

RebeccaD
03-11-2007, 09:14 PM
Ted, yippee! I am so happy to see you entering. You definitely should at least do a cameo. Especially if we can see you creatively use the f-bomb a few times. :evil: Seriously, I am excited to see your entry this fest!

Slimothy
03-11-2007, 11:40 PM
Glad to see you in Ted! I was hoping you'd come up with an entry, I can't wait to see it.

Wild Imagination Films
03-12-2007, 12:05 AM
Ted,
Not in your own film? Isn't this against one of the unwritten DVXUserfest rules?!?!?
I am also stepping way back on our project. I will be assisting in several areas, but my offficial capacity is Producer and "the guy who gets the awesome shots."
Otherwise, just an editor.
Anyway, glad you are on board. Have fun.
-Will

Tom Marshall
03-12-2007, 12:16 AM
Ted, I can definitely see you as a director rather than "just" an actor. You've got a good take-charge command on set but you also listen to advice from whomever has a good idea, which is a very good thing. I know you'll do well as time comes to pass... :beer:

Brandon Rice
03-12-2007, 11:43 AM
Looking forward to your film Ted :thumbsup:

Ted Arabian
03-12-2007, 12:54 PM
Ted, yippee! I am so happy to see you entering. You definitely should at least do a cameo. Especially if we can see you creatively use the f-bomb a few times. :evil: Seriously, I am excited to see your entry this fest!
haha! Thanks Rebecca... I'll give that some serious consideration! :thumbsup:

Best to you and Norm!!!

Glad to see you in Ted! I was hoping you'd come up with an entry, I can't wait to see it.
Thanks Tim. Dude, I am going to miss having YOU on the set!!! Good luck to you as well.... I believe that I read that you are considering entering. I hope that you do!

Ted,
Not in your own film? Isn't this against one of the unwritten DVXUserfest rules?!?!?
I am also stepping way back on our project. I will be assisting in several areas, but my offficial capacity is Producer and "the guy who gets the awesome shots."
Otherwise, just an editor.
Anyway, glad you are on board. Have fun.
-Will
okay, okay... I'll try and fit me in somewhere! Thanks, WIF. Looking forward to your next project!

Ted, I can definitely see you as a director rather than "just" an actor. You've got a good take-charge command on set but you also listen to advice from whomever has a good idea, which is a very good thing. I know you'll do well as time comes to pass... :beer:
Tom, you are so good for my ego! Certainly wish that I could have you on the set as well. I hope to see you involved in SpyFest... are you considering mounting a film?

Looking forward to your film Ted :thumbsup:
Thanks B-man! Appreciate it!

Charli
03-12-2007, 05:16 PM
The real question is: Will you continue eating those burgers during production?

Tom Marshall
03-12-2007, 05:20 PM
Tom, you are so good for my ego! Certainly wish that I could have you on the set as well. I hope to see you involved in SpyFest... are you considering mounting a film?

lol... I'm thinking about it. Actually, Billy Pilgrim has a great idea about a script that I'm interested in. It's about a schitzophrenic who thinks he's a spy and everyone is a communist out to get him. Check out his thread if you can. Looks like REALLY cool role!

Ted Arabian
03-12-2007, 05:36 PM
That sounds like a fun role... I'll go check it out!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Charli, if they had In-N-Out burgers here in NH, I'd be in HEAVEN!

Matt Sconce
03-12-2007, 05:46 PM
I am excited to see what you come up with Ted!

ripupthehwy
03-12-2007, 07:42 PM

I've never been in any of my own stuff but may have to in this one. Running out of volunteer actors. lol.

http://www.dvxuser6.com/uploaded/9387/1173650125.jpg

Ted Arabian
03-12-2007, 10:30 PM
I am excited to see what you come up with Ted!
Thanks Matt, I appreciate the enthusiasm! Hopefully, I will deliver!

I've never been in any of my own stuff but may have to in this one. Running out of volunteer actors. lol.
What is the problem with finding actors in Florida??? Michael Petro has the same problem!!!

cinealma
03-12-2007, 11:02 PM
Charli, if they had In-N-Out burgers here in NH, I'd be in HEAVEN!
Ted, that's really funny! We lived in Rochester, NY during 2003 and the first thing I asked my neighbor was, where can I get a good chili-cheeseburger? Growing up in L.A. on Tommy burgers, I figure I'd seek out something similar.

Here's the look I got:

:huh:

After the confusion wore off, he says to me, "What's that, like, a cheeseburger, with chili on it?"

"Basically, " I said.

He sent me off to some place that I shiver to think about to this day. I had to SPECIAL ORDER it. And what I got was a over-cooked burger on a Kaiser roll with chili BEANS on it and shredded cheese.

Needless to say, I was devastated.

And don't EVEN get me started on trying to finding some decent Mexican food, wait... ANY Mexican food at all!

BTW - I can't wait to see your movie. Bye.

Kyle Stebbins
03-13-2007, 12:36 AM
sweet, man!!! you just keep workin and workin, ted-man. i envy your commitment. really looking forward to what you churn out, man.

and blaine, that's a mighty fine avatar if i do say so myself ;)
-kyle

Ted Arabian
03-13-2007, 09:03 AM
Funny anecdote there, John. Boy can I relate... especially about the Mexican food. New Englanders have no idea what they are missing!

Thanks for popping in!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Kyle, my man! Of course I keep working! I've gotta figure out how to do this stuff right... I mean, if I ever want to make any money doing this! (yeah, right!) Oh, please, oh please... someone throw me some money while doing this craft!

bosindy
03-13-2007, 10:11 AM
Ted, thought I'd drop in and wish you luck with your project. I liked "thread the Needle" a lot and I look forward to see what you put together for this one. Do you think it will be another epic with a big cast?

The offer of help goes both ways, although I bet the contribution you offer is much greater. Let me know when you will be shoot'n.

Ted Arabian
03-13-2007, 10:29 AM
Hey there, bosindy. Thanks for dropping in.

No, this will NOT be an epic with a large cast. That was only managable due to Mark Johnson and his generosity. Hopefully in the future I can take on another "epic" project. This time, I'll stick to a 3 person cast! And no airplanes! :grin:

I'll let you know when I shoot. Definitely would love to hook-up with some fellow shooters here in New England. The best part of TTN was meeting and working with so many filmmakers!

Best to you!

Now you better get shooting... The ice is thawing rapidly here!!!

-Ted

Ki-Ki
03-13-2007, 11:55 AM
Wy do they call it new england..

Ted Arabian
03-13-2007, 12:02 PM
Wy do they call it new england..
New England
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

New England is a region of the United States located in the northeastern corner of the country. It consists of the states of Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
The region was inhabited by indigenous peoples when English Pilgrims, fleeing religious persecution in Europe, arrived nearly four hundred years ago, at the beginning of the 17th century. In the 18th century, New England was one of the first North American British colonies to demonstrate ambitions of independence from the British Crown, although it would later oppose the War of 1812 between the United States and Britain

I guess they weren't very creative back then when they were giving their newly occupied land a name!

Ki-Ki
03-13-2007, 12:04 PM
Its fine, the British England sucks anyway.

- Something about the film Spy Master here -

Ted Arabian
03-13-2007, 12:19 PM
The New England isn't all that much better! I think that we have the same weather but I understand that our coffee is better!

Ki-Ki
03-13-2007, 12:29 PM
- Sat down with Welsh Coffee just as he reads that -

Probably true, we even stole your starbucks and subway. Subways awesome btw. Australia copied the BI to with New South Wales, because the coastline was identical or something. Anywho

bosindy
03-13-2007, 02:02 PM
Ted, you near Portsmith? Took my hvx up there over the summer and got some great stuff. Great little town.

I am not a born and raised New Englander but the place has grown on me.

Jim

Ted Arabian
03-13-2007, 02:27 PM
Hey Jim, Yeah, I'm near Portsmouth. I used to live there until the town turned into a tourist haven and sent the prices sky-rocketing. I actually live in Rochester, 25 minutes up the Spaulding Turnpike (Rt 16 towards the White Mountains). But, yeah, Portsmouth is great. I love it there.

I, too, am not a native New Englander. I was actually raised outside the Bay Area of CA. (Don't even ask how I got up here!) I've been trying to get back to West Coast for some time now. I have finally got my wife convinced... now we just need to make the move!

... but I will always be a Boston Sports fan!

-Ted

RebeccaD
03-13-2007, 02:55 PM
The New England isn't all that much better! I think that we have the same weather but I understand that our coffee is better!

I'm partial to the Northwest's coffee....:thumbsup:

bosindy
03-13-2007, 03:01 PM
Yeah, I have become a Boston fan as well. I'll be going to the Sox on Patriot's Day, game starts at 10:00 A.M. then watch the Marathon and walk sideways out of a bar in the Back Bay at dusk. Yearly ritual it tis.

Wanted to mention in April is the www.iffboston.org. I am hoping a film I worked on a lifetime ago as a production coordinator in the New Mexico desert will be accepted. If not, I go every year regardless. Most filmmakers accepted attend, last year the opening film was Half Nelson. Good festival.

Ted Arabian
03-13-2007, 03:01 PM
I'm partial to the Northwest's coffee....:thumbsup:
Actually, when I made that comment, I was referring to ANY coffee is better than the coffee in the UK, from what I've been told. But now that they have Starbucks, I guess that statemtent is outdated.

But yes... Seattle is the home of some fine coffee and micro-breweries!!!

Ted Arabian
03-13-2007, 03:08 PM
Yeah, I have become a Boston fan as well. I'll be going to the Sox on Patriot's Day, game starts at 10:00 A.M. then watch the Marathon and walk sideways out of a bar in the Back Bay at dusk. Yearly ritual it tis.

Wanted to mention in April is the www.iffboston.org. I am hoping a film I worked on a lifetime ago as a production coordinator in the New Mexico desert will be accepted. If not, I go every year regardless. Most filmmakers accepted attend, last year the opening film was Half Nelson. Good little festival.
Yeah, I was checking out the website on that. I am going to try to get down ther myself.

As for Patriot's Day... yeah, that is a great tradition. I remember last year's game with Mark Loretta's walk-off homer. Wow! What a game that was. I wasn't there in person but that's why we have NESN!

Ki-Ki
03-13-2007, 03:50 PM
Actually, when I made that comment, I was referring to ANY coffee is better than the coffee in the UK, from what I've been told. But now that they have Starbucks, I guess that statemtent is outdated.

We're just lazy bast@rds who like to steal Americans things.

Ted Arabian
03-13-2007, 04:30 PM
Update Added To First Post of this thread.............. (click banner to visit)

Ki-Ki
03-13-2007, 04:42 PM
Well done

Ted Arabian
03-13-2007, 05:10 PM
Wow! My banner has had a bit of an optical illusion to it with those lines on that bright red... Now, with this "update version," it has an even greater effect. The thing totally looks like it is tilting sideways on me!

I hope that you don't all hate me! I really don't mean to be so annoying. I'll work on this!

Tom Marshall
03-13-2007, 05:57 PM

But yes... Seattle is the home of some fine coffee and micro-breweries!!!

Mmmmm... microbrews... :beer:

Ted, I think you'd be SOL if I came over there and broke your > key. :cheesy:

Norm Sanders
03-13-2007, 06:03 PM
Yowza, you're not kidding Ted about that optical illusion in the banner. I feel like I'm going to fall right out of my chair, lol. :)

Ted Arabian
03-13-2007, 06:06 PM
Mmmmm... microbrews... :beer:
This I get!

Ted, I think you'd be SOL if I came over there and broke your > key. :cheesy:
Why don't I get this?

Wait! WAIT!!!! I get it!!!! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Tom... congrats on the role as Barkeeper! woo-hoo!

Blaine
03-13-2007, 06:07 PM
Wow! My banner has had a bit of an optical illusion to it with those lines on that bright red... Now, with this "update version," it has an even greater effect. The thing totally looks like it is tilting sideways on me!It's got me tilting my head (puts down the glass of wine)...

Ted Arabian
03-13-2007, 06:08 PM
Yowza, you're not kidding Ted about that optical illusion in the banner. I feel like I'm going to fall right out of my chair, lol. :)
I know! Isn't it wild!

At first I thought I loaded the image in crooked but that isn't possible. Wow!

I promise that I will work on a new banner... now that I may actually have some substance to work with! (I mean a script... not any other "substance!")

Tom Marshall
03-13-2007, 06:08 PM
This I get!

Why don't I get this?

Wait! WAIT!!!! I get it!!!! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Tom... congrats on the role as Barkeeper! woo-hoo!

rofl

Thanks buddy :beer:

Ted Arabian
03-13-2007, 06:10 PM
Oh, man... Blaine! I wish that I could be sitting down with you right now sharing a glass of wine. Good times, my friend.... good times.

Okay, stop looking at my banner and drink your wine!

Ted Arabian
03-14-2007, 05:18 AM
UPDATE.......

The "UPDATE" banner has been updated! :)

Ted Arabian
03-14-2007, 12:21 PM
New Banner!!!

Good ol' Preston sent me a new banner to use.

There are a couple of tweaks that I want to do to it but he's not online right now and I thought that I would throw this up. I like it!

Thanks Preston!

-Ted

Norm Sanders
03-14-2007, 04:08 PM
Looks great, Ted, and doesn't make me want to fall out of my chair with migraine headaches & vomiting either! :thumbsup: Seriously, I don't know if I could have created the same optical illusion you did, even if I had TRIED. :grin:
</IMG></IMG>

Ted Arabian
03-14-2007, 04:28 PM
Thanks Norm. Yeah, that was a total accident.... in many ways! But the optical illusion was incredible though.

Preston did a great job with my banner!

Norm Sanders
03-14-2007, 04:30 PM
Yep, it looks nice & has a nice commanding cinematic presense to it. Looking forward to seeing this develop further and seeing YOU in it as well. :beer:

Tom Marshall
03-14-2007, 07:05 PM
Yeah, Ted. You have to be in at least one scene and say at least one f-word... :grin:

Slimothy
03-14-2007, 07:56 PM
I agree w/ Tommy.

Ted Arabian
03-14-2007, 07:59 PM
hee hee hee.... just you guys wait and see! I've written a very special cameo for myself!!! :)

jeremytuttle
03-15-2007, 09:37 AM
hee hee hee.... just you guys wait and see! I've written a very special cameo for myself!!! :)

Sweet.

RebeccaD
03-15-2007, 11:46 AM
Have you seen "Little Miss Sunshine", Ted? There are a few places that could inspire you to have your f-bomb cameo. Hee hee. Glad you are thinking about being in it! I loved ya in your Horrorfest entry.

Ted Arabian
03-15-2007, 12:06 PM
Thanks Rebecca, I appreciate it. I had a LOT of fun making "I.D." as well as acting in it. And YES! I have seen "Little Miss Sunshine." What a great movie!

Don't worry... I have written a very special scene for myself!

RebeccaD
03-15-2007, 12:15 PM
Sweet! I was especially thinking of the part where the teenage boy loses it and runs down the hill in that movie. Lol. Can't wait to hear more from you in this fest!

preston
03-15-2007, 09:29 PM
Sweet! I was especially thinking of the part where the teenage boy loses it and runs down the hill in that movie. Lol. Can't wait to hear more from you in this fest!

exactly - what else could he say at that point? great movie . . .

Ted Arabian
03-15-2007, 11:39 PM
That film is an instant classic! So many great scenes.

Ted Arabian
03-16-2007, 11:07 AM
Yep... another update to the banner!

I have sent my script out to a few people and have received some very useful feedback. Script is in a slight revision stage but overall I am very happy with it and excited to shoot it.

I have written this script with a couple of new elements that I would like to learn how to do. Among them.... a crane shot, a dolly shot and the biggie.... shooting inside of a vehicle!

That's all for now. Busy with many projects right now.

OH! I just worked crew for MOMIX last night. Has anyone seen this group before? WOW! WOW!!!!!!

Modern dance under blacklight. Amazing performers and performance. WOW!

Tom Marshall
03-16-2007, 02:38 PM
Man, Ted... you're getting fancy with those shots you're wanting to do... that's very cool! :)

Ted Arabian
03-16-2007, 04:05 PM
Well, I am not going to be going crazy but I do want to accomplish a crane and dolly shot. As for shooting in a vehicle... I may learn to regret that decision!

Thanks for the encouragement, Tom!

Ki-Ki
03-16-2007, 04:40 PM
New signature poster for every day of the week.

Charli
03-16-2007, 05:28 PM
Theo, Theo, Theo, we all want to THANK you for that new banner, bravo. My eyes now won't squint while reading your thread.

Ted Arabian
03-17-2007, 07:02 AM
hee hee.... well, I am STILL working on it! I haven't been able to come up with a clear vision of what I want and not a lot of free time to explore ideas! So.... just playing with the banner that Preston sent me.

Michael Anthony Horrigan
03-17-2007, 07:16 AM
I like the new banner! Nice work....
Love the colour as well.

Cheers,

Mike

Ted Arabian
03-17-2007, 08:38 AM
Thanks Mike. I am a big fan of your thread! Keep up the great work!!!

-Ted

Mark Johnson
03-17-2007, 08:43 AM
Ted!

I've been up to my eyeballs working on a trial that starts Monday so I haven't been around much. I'm so very happy to see my buddy in the thick of things here and I will be anxiously awaiting BTS on your thread. I hope my schedule thins out enough that I can help out on a Spyfest entry here in L.A.

Really brings back fond memories of starting up our project last fall. I think I'll go to In n Out today in your honor.

Ted Arabian
03-17-2007, 09:20 AM
Hey Mark!!!!!!!!! Dude, it's been such a long time!!! Like forever!

I hope that your work thins out soon... I miss you, man.

RebeccaD
03-19-2007, 10:19 PM
Hey Ted! I hope progress is going well. I like the new banner....better color I think.

Ted Arabian
03-20-2007, 08:23 AM
Thanks Rebecca.

Progress is a little slow.... still revising the script.

I did start doing a storyboard on FrameForge. Such a cool program. So useful!

Banner is okay at the moment. Looking forward to having some time to re-work it. I have been so busy with many other projects at the moment.

Thanks for keeping tabs!

-Ted

Charli
03-20-2007, 06:10 PM
You've sent the script out to a few people and not to me? Well, I never! ha ha, no really, good luck on that story, and as far as shooting inside a vehicle, make sure it's a big vehicle, ha ha.

Ted Arabian
03-20-2007, 06:36 PM
Hey Chuck, I didn't mean to snub you. I have only shared my script with two people who are not (currently) intending to participate and one person who wanted my opnion on their script (so I sent them mine in exchange). I am interested in your input... after all, I am doing this for the experience and not so much for "competition. So, since you "asked" :) , check your inbox.... I welcome your input!

And yes, I am shooting in a BIG vehicle!!!

-Ted

bosindy
03-20-2007, 07:13 PM
Hey Ted, Glad to see you are making progress.

I may need to take you up on shooting a scene or 2 in a few weeks if you still have interest. I'll give you a ring later in the week.

Ted Arabian
03-20-2007, 07:23 PM
Hell yeah! I am putting in a set next week in Nashville next week but after that (After April 2), I'll be available!

Looking forward to it!

-Ted

Charli
03-20-2007, 07:43 PM
Theo,

You know I'm in it to make the best DANG movies out there and if I can in anyway help out my budddddddy, you know I'm there for you! I'll read the script and give you feedback probably tomorrow, a bit out of it today, got a lot done in setting up my place. We'll make your script rock! But you know, mine will be better, hyuck!

Ted Arabian
03-20-2007, 07:47 PM
Chuck, take your time... I am not going to get to shooting for quite awhile. I have to make a few ladder-rigs for this plus, unlike bosindy, I am waiting for the snow to melt here!!!

Good luck setting up your place!

-theo

Charli
03-21-2007, 08:50 AM
Theo - I'll give you a call this week, we can talk shop and you'll have to show us some of your latest ladder inventions. I have this sneaky feeling, Theo, your going to come out with a GREAT story.

Geoff_R
03-22-2007, 12:24 PM
Ted, I'm in Vegas working the next few weeks and it's my personal mission to make it to the 'In-N-Out burger and get a shot of me with a burger in my mouth. haha. I've never had one yet!

RebeccaD
03-22-2007, 04:11 PM
Whatcha doin in Vegas? I am so jealous right now, its not even funny. :crybaby:

Charli
03-22-2007, 06:15 PM
Theo - will you be using the "gore blocker" in this story? or a ladder crane?

Geoff_R
03-22-2007, 06:54 PM
Whatcha doin in Vegas? I am so jealous right now, its not even funny. :crybaby:
Shooting some spec commercials and sneaking in some shots for a possible short. And I almost got the infamous In-N-Out burger today...we passed it on the highway.

RebeccaD
03-22-2007, 07:00 PM
Nice...I haven't had one of those in years. Have a great time! Play a round or two of blackjack for me, will ya?

Norm Sanders
03-22-2007, 07:15 PM
Oh, I'll play several rounds for you, Rebecca (Blackjack & Craps, my fav's) ... as we lavishly spend 4 of the funnest days anyone could ever hope for the 14th-18th of April! :evil:

Actually, one of our Vegas trips was the first time I had a Krispy Kreme donut ... it was a euphoric experience. My mouth thought it had died and went to heaven. Now that they've over built them, however, they've lost their glamor and vice on me.

Didn't know they had an In-N-Out Burger there (had one last time we were in California, two years ago), since we never venture off of the main strip.

Ted Arabian
03-23-2007, 05:22 AM
Dang! I missing out on my own thread!!! I've been in "court" all week as an actor in mock trials for new attorneys of the NH Puclic Defenders office. It's fun... I always play the defendant. Go figure!

Geoff, I, too, am envious of your trip to Vegas. I need to visit there sometime in my life. Atlantic City is just not the same. But Black Jack is still Black Jack, right? :)

I hope that you get your first In-N-Out experience in. I would love to see that shot of you stuffing a burger in your mouth!

Good luck with the rest of your visit there.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Chuck, I do plan on using the "gore blocker" but in a different way. And as for the ladder crane... you'll howl when you see how right you are!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Norm, Rebecca... thanks for play "host" while I've been busy!

And speaking of busy... I can't believe this gig coming up tomorrow. I am lighting Charo! I am stunned that she is still performing (much less alive!)

Looking forward to having some time to actually work on SpyFest.

Best to you all.

Happy Spring!

-Ted

PS - One last note.... Krispy Kreme.... yum!

Charli
03-23-2007, 09:20 AM
Coochi, Coochi, Cooochi. Charo is an accomplished musician. That girl can play the guitar and with long nails to boot. Do tell us how it was, Theo.

Ted Arabian
03-23-2007, 03:14 PM
Will do. I hear she is incredible on the guitar. Really looking forward to it. I'll give a report later.

Ted Arabian
03-24-2007, 06:51 AM
hahaha! Just when I state (on the BERLIN thread) that star ratings seem silly... I get rated!

Thank you to whoever feels that this thread is worthy of 5 stars! I will do my best to deliver!

Charli
03-24-2007, 08:54 AM
That was me, and you better (wink).

Ted Arabian
03-24-2007, 10:51 AM
:thumbsup: how's that?!

bosindy
03-26-2007, 08:59 AM
Hey Ted, What's the latest? Hope all is progressing well.

Ted Arabian
03-26-2007, 09:21 AM
Hey Jim!

Not a lot of progress on SPY MASTER. Unfortunately, busy with the Pay Jobs!

Speaking of which, for those who were following... CHARO was incredible! What a performer. And more importantly, what a wonderful person. Rarely have I met someone so appreciative and kind while still demanding professionalism and perfection. She was just incredible.

And, to pat myself on the back, I really felt like I delivered with the lighting. There are not a lot of lighting instruments at the Rochester Opera House and certainly no moving lights. But what I did with them was pretty damn cool. I had several of the band members and her manager come up to me and compliment my lights. And then Charo herself came up to me and complimented my work. She repeated several times that I was an artist! It felt great to hear!

I head to Nashville to load in a set design tomorrow but will be back on Sunday.

I hope to be able to start focusing on SPY MASTER after that.

How about Frozen River? I've been keeping up to date on your thread. Grabs look great. (I wish that they were a bit bigger, but...)

Also sounds like you had a great time with Aram. I hope that he is on the set when I get down there to help out. Speaking of which, any known schedule? I'd like to book any dates that you know that you can use a hand so I can keep them open.

That's the update for now...

-Ted

Keystoned
03-27-2007, 12:59 PM
Ted, I liked your horrorfest entry. Looking forward to this :thumbsup:

Charli
03-27-2007, 04:21 PM
Theo - it was fun talking to you on the phone. Let me know what I can do for you once you read that file I'm about to send you. I really look forward to this film of yours. Charo does rock, btw! cooochi chooochi

RebeccaD
03-27-2007, 06:42 PM
Ted, Nashville was my home for a couple years. Great city! How fun for you! How is the entry coming?

Ted Arabian
03-28-2007, 08:00 AM
Keystoned, thanks a lot man. I really appreciate your comment! I hope that I can deliver another enjoyable film this time around!!!

Chuck, you kill me!

Rebecca, entry has been on idle for quite awhile. I have been so busy. And yes, Nashville is a great city. I really like a lot of things about it. What part did you live in and what did you do here?

I am working in Oprah Winfrey's old high school right now. I pulled up to the theatre (in the school) and I said to myself, "this looks like Oprah's HS." (I had seen a picture of it and here as well as an article on the wall at Jack's BBQ... I LOVE JACK'S BBQ!!! Everytime I come to Nashville, I go visit Jacks!)

Anyway, things are well here. Really looking forward to spending time on Spy Master.

Thanks again, y'all!

Charli
03-28-2007, 09:13 AM
You said, ya'll - omg, you're kinfolk!

bosindy
03-28-2007, 09:35 AM
Ted,

there is some good BBQ around the corner from one of the places we will be shooting so if all works out, we will have to go there or order some to the set. My buddy saw Dwayne Wade there the last time the Heat were in town. I am a huge fan of BBQ. ever go to Tom's Place in South Florida?

Jim

Ted Arabian
03-29-2007, 12:21 AM
Excellent! I love BBQ! And one of the best things about it is that it varies from state to state. Texas BBQ is nothing like North Carolina BBQ which is vastly different from it's neighbor in South Carolina. I need to get to Kansas City sometime... I've heard and read a lot about their BBQ. This week.... it's Tennessee's BBQ.

And no, I haven't been to Tom's Place in South Florida. Tell me about it? Is it good, great, special?

Looking forward to trying the place in Boston that you mentioned. I find VERY FEW good New England BBQ places. (Except at my house!)

bosindy
03-29-2007, 09:27 AM
Ive' been going to Tom's since I was a kid, it's in the Boca area. Best soul food on earth as the Keep on ribb'n Tshirt says (I have 2). It is a family afair and good old Tom has resisted the siren's call to expand. He even has his own Rib sauce you can buy a bottle of seperately. The place is not much to look at but they come from miles; if you know you travel

Whenever I am down in South FLa I take friends there. Ususally, if we are going out for the night, you wear a Tshirt into Tom's and get changed into a dress shirt afterwards in the parking lot. The reason is anything you wear looks like a CSI cirme scene after you go through a few racks of the baby backs and St Louisy's.

Looking forward to the Boston BBQ, I only had it take out once, but it was damn good.

Ted Arabian
04-02-2007, 12:19 PM
Hey Jim, thanks for the tip! When I get to So. Fla. I WILL CHECK IT OUT! And the best BBQ places are usually nothing special to look at. It's all in the food!

I am back from Nashville where I just worked my a$$ off. It was great, however, as I love to work... and the people were so impressed and appreciative of my work. Many encouraged me to relocate down there with a promise of keeping me busy if I do.

I don't know though.... I may go give it a try for a few years just to get out of New England. It was so nice to see green grass and leaves on the trees. Flowers everywhere. Warm weather (though I know it gets brutal in July/August!!!)

Anyone know if someone could make a living making music videos in Nashville? I would think that there may be a demand for it in the Music City! I could see spending a few years doing that.

Final note on BBQ.... I got to get my traditional visit in to Jack's BBQ. Damn fine BBQ at such a great price!

Okay. Time to start to get to work on SPY MASTER!

(Happy Baseball season!)

-Ted

RebeccaD
04-03-2007, 12:21 PM
You are still supposed to come to the Northwest to try some of our bbqing, Ted! So.....when?

Oh, and as far as Nashville....beautiful city and so much to do. If you can break into the music scene to do the music videos, that would be awesome. We lived there for a couple years for me to pursue music and I absolutely loved it.

Steve_Arm
04-03-2007, 12:53 PM
How could I miss this! Just noticed you are in. Good luck and let's see some great use of the ladder again!

Tom Marshall
04-03-2007, 01:49 PM
Yeah, I completely missed this round too... :grin:

Hey Ted, you need to get Charo in your short!!! That would be SWEET!!! :beer:

Ted Arabian
04-03-2007, 05:02 PM
haha! If I could get Charo, that would be awesome!!!

Thanks for the welcome, Tom and Steve! There will definitely be ladders involved... how could there NOT BE in a Ted Arabian Production!

Rebecca, My wife and I are still hoping to get a cross-country trip in the summer. She is a school teacher, so we do have to wait until then! I will give you plenty of heads-up when we get it planned!

And as for Nashville, I always enjoy my visits there... a really great city and the people are incredibly nice.

Charli
04-04-2007, 06:07 PM
Nashville was voted as the most polite people in the whole USA. Got to love that Southern hospitality. How's the script coming along, Theo. I say shoot the car to bits. Kill them, kill them all!

Ted Arabian
04-05-2007, 08:24 AM
Hey Chuck, I am not surprised to hear that Nashville was voted most polite. It is very evident. I am sure that they (as every city) has their "unsavory" folk but for the most part.... I was overwhelmed.

Script is totally being ignored. I have so many things I am doing right now! But I plan to get to it soon!

Thanks for asking!

Ted Arabian
04-05-2007, 09:20 AM
UPDATE.........

April 5th... "Spring" But NOT Spring!

Here are a couple of photos taken a few minutes ago... on Thursday, April 5, 2007

http://www.dvxuser6.com/uploaded/20191/1175786226.jpg

http://www.dvxuser6.com/uploaded/20191/1175786263.jpg

Nashville.... California...... I don't care! I HAVE TO MOVE OUT OF HERE!!!!!!! :crybaby:

Charli
04-05-2007, 09:30 AM
If you want to make it in this industry, Cali is the only place for you, Theo.

Geoff_R
04-05-2007, 09:35 AM
Wow, I thought Chicago's spring season was bad.... I won't complain anymore...sorry Ted.

bosindy
04-05-2007, 08:40 PM
UPDATE.........

April 5th... "Spring" But NOT Spring!

Here are a couple of photos taken a few minutes ago... on Thursday, April 5, 2007

http://www.dvxuser6.com/uploaded/20191/1175786226.jpg

http://www.dvxuser6.com/uploaded/20191/1175786263.jpg

Nashville.... California...... I don't care! I HAVE TO MOVE OUT OF HERE!!!!!!! :crybaby:

Ted, It's all set dressing, the one thing we can count on as a baseline is our unique local.

A snow filled field is untouched. We see SPY in a long Grey coat, running through the snow, each step making a permanent record in his path. He becomes winded and falls to the ground breathing heavily. ROBERT approaches and steps over spy pulling a gun.

Robert: "you asked me why she hates pickles and that's how I knew." Long shot of Robert standing over Spy and a muzzle flash. Blood spills on fresh snow. We look up at naked branches.

I shouldn't have gone out tonight.

Ted Arabian
04-06-2007, 05:21 AM
hahaha. The thought DID cross my mind.

Funny thing, Jim.... One of the first things I thought of when I woke up and saw this winter wonderland was, "I bet this will be great for FROZEN RIVER!!!"

I, on the other hand, do not plan to shoot my film in the SNOW!!!

btw, Jim... I got your message. I guess I was out snow blowing and missed your call. I give you a buzz later today.

-Ted

Norm Sanders
04-06-2007, 08:29 PM
Took me a bit to catch up on your thread, Ted ... I actually got into bosindy's writing there of how to use the snow. Too bad you're not ready to shoot now ... there's just so much production value (I feel) from having that stuff around. :)

Michael_Petro
04-07-2007, 09:17 AM
Dear Diary
I almost had to put on a long sleeve shirt today. Sometimes Florida can have a brisk breeze.. thinking of buying a windbreaker or a hoody just in case.

Mike Petro 04/07/07

Charli
04-07-2007, 09:27 AM
I had to put suntan lotion on last week...

Ted Arabian
04-07-2007, 12:04 PM
ha ha.... very funny.

Michael_Petro
04-08-2007, 11:33 AM
ha ha.... very funny.

Every since the old man in the mountain collapsed you have been very bitter :)

Ted Arabian
04-08-2007, 03:40 PM
Wow. I didn't realize! I'll try to be more cheery!

I will admit that I was very sad when the Old Man fell. It was quite a site.

RebeccaD
04-09-2007, 12:58 PM
Ted, any weather changes for you? We went to Eastern Oregon for a few days and it was almost 80! Since then its been a little more typical with rain, etc, but not snow.....wow bud.

Ted Arabian
04-09-2007, 01:21 PM
Hi Rebecca, Not much change around here. Still very cold. It is unbelievable that it is Spring. We're still in the low 40's... barely!

Eastern Oregon? What were you doing out there?

Still no updates to report on SPYMASTER. I did have a great phone conversation with Jim (bosindy) today. Sounds like he and I are going to be able to hook up and work together on Frozen River. Very excited about that. And I did reveal a bit of SPYMASTER to him which did get me excited to shoot it. Just talking about the story got me into it. I just have to get over this "Winter-Time Blues" that I have going on!

RebeccaD
04-09-2007, 01:33 PM
We were at a resort that is over near Bend, Oregon. Its a lot drier over there and typically has a warmer climate. It was my kids' spring break, so we took a few days to relax and enjoy ourselves.

bosindy
04-09-2007, 02:01 PM
Hey Ted, It was great chatting with you. I think I have a consensus on the day we will be shooting but let me confim before we lock it.

I enjoyed hearing about Spymaster. I love the concept and it will be one of the more intersting films this festival. Keep the faith and I am definitely coming up to help.

Jim

Ted Arabian
04-09-2007, 02:17 PM
Awesome, Jim! Really looking forward to it.

Rebecca, glad to hear that you had some time to relax with the family. I was never a big fan of any part of Oregon that was east of the Cascades... though I've heard nice things about Bend, OR.

I guess the farthest I went west in Oregon was Pendleton... I was so amazed at the different landscape. I guess it get really beautiful around Idaho though.

I really can't wait to get back and visit. Diane (my wife) and I were just discussing our summer plans yesterday. We didn't set any thing in stone but we know that we want to make a cross-country trip and visit Oregon.

We attend the Falcon Ridge Folk Fest every year (3rd week in July) and hope that following that festival, we'll be traveling west. I'll keep you informed.

RebeccaD
04-10-2007, 12:22 AM
You are more than welcome to come visit us just across the river in Washington state. We'd love to have you and it would be fun to get to meet you and Diane in person!

Ted Arabian
04-10-2007, 07:40 AM
Thanks Rebecca. I really can't wait to get back to the Pacific Northwest. I just love those mountains and fresh air!

btw, I just heard your vocal track with Herman's score. Wonderful! I loved it. You have such a great voice! I'd love to hear more of your work!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Update to the SPYMASTER script....

Jim (bosindy) has offered an incredible suggestion to my story! I am so excited to implement it. Thanks again, Jim! Can't wait to work with you on Frozen River.

bosindy
04-10-2007, 08:35 AM
Glad to help Ted, just a fresh set of eyes, it was all there in the script already.

Charli
04-10-2007, 11:01 AM
Theo,

Looks like you got help on the script. Let me know if you need the Vidleds. Be glad to send those out to you, no problem-o. Good luck and know, that today, it's one of those days I probably won't need to put on suntan lotion, but boy, I sure got hot last night.

Ted Arabian
04-10-2007, 12:50 PM
Hey Charli,I really apppreciate the help you have offered... both with a story and with the Vidleds.

As for the story, I am going to go with SPYMASTER. I like many of the elements in it... plus it is something that I feel confident that I can shoot and pull off. (Very important for me!) As for the help I am getting on the script... it was just one of those things. Jim asked about the story and I shared it with him. He made an observation/suggestion and I loved it! (I have been feeling that the ending needed some work!) I am in the process of another revision and will share it with you.

As for the Vidleds... DEFINITELY! If you are serious (and I know that you are!) I would greatly appreciate it. I have wanted to try them out and this would be the perfect time to use them! (Do you need my address again or do you still have it? btw, I am wearing some of the SOCKS that you sent me for Christmas!!!) I'll pm you my address... I am sure that you packed it away when you moved to "even sunnier and warmer SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA!" (lucky!)

Thanks again, Chuck.

-Ted

RebeccaD
04-10-2007, 03:01 PM
Thanks Rebecca. I really can't wait to get back to the Pacific Northwest. I just love those mountains and fresh air!

btw, I just heard your vocal track with Herman's score. Wonderful! I loved it. You have such a great voice! I'd love to hear more of your work!

Thanks, Ted. Most of what is recorded are cover tunes for out promo pack that my band sends out for gigs.... Norm has some kind of mix down from that CD, I believe.

Just let me know the dates you guys would be up here. We stay around here most of the summer because the weather is so ideal.

Ted Arabian
04-10-2007, 03:14 PM
You got that right! Summer time in Portland... I loved it when I was out there.

Very excited for your film and to meet you over the summer. I will keep you up to date with our plans!

Charli
04-10-2007, 04:15 PM
Yep, pm me your addy. I am missing a box when I moved. Lost some of my puca shell necklaces (ok, I'm reliving the 70s), some pants, etc. I'm sure I have your addy somewhere, but don't make me look for it. Keep the Vids until you've fnished production. I'll be glad to give you feedback on your script. It's important to keep the production value within your realm of possibilites.

Keep me in mind when you're ready to fly.

Charli

bosindy
04-10-2007, 04:30 PM
cool, Iv'e been dying to get a look at the vidled. do you have the daylight balanced one's? Ted, this was what we were trying to figure out. I had mentioned I bought a 4 bank coolight and Vidled, I believe has a version of their lights that is the CoolLed or something to that affect.

Ted Arabian
04-10-2007, 05:50 PM
Yeah, I am anxious to try these out. I have read about them and even struggled with a contest (remember that Charli) to win one.

Looking forward to seeing the one(s) that you bought. I have such skepticism about LED lighting but I keep hearing about how great they are.

Charli
04-10-2007, 05:50 PM
I have their coolLED-40. Suckers are bright, bright, bright. I let the battery run down before I moved, so they will have to be recharged. You guys will have fun playing with them. I sent them to Iowa for use in the, "Black Angel" and now they are heading to New Hampshire for use in, "Spy Master."

HAVE VIDLEDS, WILL TRAVEL

Ted Arabian
04-10-2007, 05:53 PM
AWESOME! Thanks Chuck!

bosindy
04-11-2007, 11:30 AM
Yo Ted, How are the rewrites coming?

Ted Arabian
04-11-2007, 11:32 AM
Hey Jim, coming along. I got some writing done yesterday and then I had to get BACK TO THOSE TAXES! (What a pain!)

Larry Rutledge
04-11-2007, 12:07 PM
Yo, Ted...if you need some critique/feedback/input on your story/script, feel free to give me a holla

http://img492.imageshack.us/img492/2011/blinkiehangingaroundskeleton9g.gif

Ted Arabian
04-11-2007, 12:25 PM
Hey Larry, I appreciate that! Let me get this new idea fully implemented and I'll contact you.

cheers!

(ps, I love the skeletons!!!)

Ted Arabian
04-11-2007, 01:05 PM
WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY >>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.dvxuser6.com/uploaded/20191/1176318200.jpg

6-10 inches of snow predicted for NH! (great!)

Larry Rutledge
04-11-2007, 02:07 PM
Better rename that flick to "SNO MASTER" http://www.smileys-fr.com/smileys/3d/36_7_17.gif

http://www.cosgan.de/images/midi/haushalt/r015.gif

Ted Arabian
04-11-2007, 02:22 PM
heehee... great idea. Dang, those smilies are perfect! I love that one of the guy in the truck... I wish that I had that! But, at least I do own a snow blower... jeez, can't live in NH without one of those!

Larry Rutledge
04-11-2007, 02:23 PM
Here's one more for ya!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y261/GawkyEndymion000/snow2.gif

Ted Arabian
04-11-2007, 02:37 PM
Yep.... that's about right!

It was funny, last week on the news, there were people making snow EASTER BUNNIES! They were huge. Just like a snowman, but a standing snow bunny (like a chocolate bunny). Ears and all!

RebeccaD
04-11-2007, 09:54 PM
OMG! You are kidding! There was an e-mail I got awhile back about a guy's journal entry upon moving to New Jersey and the weather he was dealing with there. It started off very excited about the snow and "how pretty, etc" and gradually he practically became psychotic. It was soo funny. I wish I could find it for you, because I think you'd appreciate it about now. I was crying from laughing when I read it.

bosindy
04-11-2007, 10:05 PM
OMG! You are kidding! There was an e-mail I got awhile back about a guy's journal entry upon moving to New Jersey and the weather he was dealing with there. It started off very excited about the snow and "how pretty, etc" and gradually he practically became psychotic. It was soo funny. I wish I could find it for you, because I think you'd appreciate it about now. I was crying from laughing when I read it.

My father showed me that exact same, fax at the time. We had just shoveled out of Blizzard in the late nineties and we literally laughed so hard we fell in the snow.
We were exhausted fro shoveling and it just hit us the right way.

found it on line in many variations, but this is the idea. WARNING BAD LANGUAGE

AUG 12 Moved to our new home in upstate New York. It is so beautiful
here. The mountains are so majestic. Can hardly wait to see them with
snow on them. I love it here.

OCT 14 Upstate New York is the most beautiful place on earth. The
leaves are turned all the colors and shades of red and orange. Went for
a ride through the beautiful mountains and saw some deer. They are so
graceful, certainly they are the most wonderful animal on earth. This
must be paradise. I love it here.

NOV 11 Deer season will start soon. I can't imagine anyone wanting to
kill such a gorgeous creature. Hope it will snow soon. I love it here.

DEC 2 It snowed last night. Woke up to find everything blanketed
with white. It looks like a postcard. We went outside and cleaned the
snow off the steps and shoveled the driveway. We had a snowball fight
(I won), and when the snow plow came by, we had to shovel again. What a
beautiful place. I love upstate New York.

DEC 12 More snow last night. I love it. The snow plow did his trick
again to the driveway. I love it here!

DEC 19 More snow last night. Couldn't get out of the driveway to get
to work. I am exhausted from shoveling. Darn snow plow.

DEC 22 More of that white sh@t fell last night. I've got blisters on
my hands from shoveling. I think the snow plow hides around the curve
and waits until I'm done shoveling the driveway. Ahole!

DEC 25 Merry Christmas! More friggin snow. If I ever get my
hands on that SOB who drives that snow plow, I swear I'll
kill him. Don't know why they don't use more salt on the roads
to melt the dang ice.

DEC 27 More white sh@t last night. Been inside for 3 days except for
shoveling out the driveway after that snow plow goes through every
time. Can't go anywhere, car's stuck in a mountain of white shit. The
weatherman says to expect another 10" of the sh@t again tonight. Do you
know how many shovels full of snow 10" is?

DEC 28 The f-ing weatherman was wrong. We got 34" of that white
shit this time. At this rate it won't melt before next summer. The snow
plow got stuck up the road and that bastard came to the door and asked
to borrow my shovel. After I told him I had broken six shovels already
shoveling all the sh@t he pushed into the driveway, I broke my last one
over his head.

JAN 4 Finally out of the house today. Went to the store to get food
and on the way back a damned deer ran in front of the car and I hit
it. Did about $3,000 damage to the car. Those beasts should
be killed. Wish the hunters had killed them all last November.

MAY 3 Took the car to the garage in town. Would you believe the thing
is rusting out from that salt they put all over the road.

MAY 10 Moved to Georgia. I can't imagine why anyone in their right
mind would want to live in that God-forsaken state of New York.

RebeccaD
04-11-2007, 11:19 PM
LOL! Yes! That was great. The rendition I read also had a lot of banter with his wife and a neighbor which was absolutely hilarious. The neighbor had told him to make sure to shovel off his roof or it would fall in, wife tells him they need to get a generator in case the power goes out, etc. Of course both of those events come to pass and the writing in it is soo funny. Love it. Thanks for posting that for poor Ted.

Ralph Oshiro
04-12-2007, 01:46 AM
Funny sh*t, bos! This is real, right? Not a fictional work or parody?

Ted Arabian
04-12-2007, 06:11 AM
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! That is great! OMG! That is EXACTLY how I feel!

I moved here and said the same things. It is really beautiful here and the fall is incredible!

The first few snow falls were wonderful. I loved it. As a kid growing up in California, we always had to "travel" to Lake Tahoe to see the snow. Now, I could just walk out my front door.

Then the snow became a nuisance. It never stopped. Well into March... April... SOMETIMES MAY!!! (in 2002, we had a snowstorm on May 18th! PLEASE!)

And the snowplow bit is hysterical. And it's true! I always run my snow to the right of my driveway and try to clear the snow from the curb on the left side of my house to avoid having the plow come by and pile up the snow in my drive... still, he manages to block me in!

damn funny... and not funny....

It is so frustrating because I really do love the New England scenery and setting. It is precious. And I would accept the winters here if they would end in Feb. But it doesn't. Year after year, the cold maintains it's grasp on New Hampshire and you can't depend on a warm day until July.

Seriously, JULY!

We used to have a lovely June but the last 4-5 years, June has been cold and rainy. Just awful.

I will be moving sometime soon.

Just when and where... it's a matter of time.

bosindy
04-12-2007, 08:05 AM
Wow, Ted, you don't need to move far, just drive south 40 miles. Although, I complain about Boston weather all the time being from NY, so like humidity, it is all relative.

Ted Arabian
04-12-2007, 09:41 AM
Yeah, I see that Boston is only going to get rain in this storm. Still too cold for my taste.

Well, the snow has started to fall... nice, big white snowflakes are falling from the sky. Oh, boy!

Maybe sometime soon I can actually get out and start working on my film! Or, like Larry suggested, I coulsd just suck it up and change my title to SNO MASTER!

Charli
04-12-2007, 07:36 PM
Theo - I got a box for the Vids today, I'll be shipping those out, hopefully tomorrow. I will let you know. By the way, the temperature reading at the civic center today: 65 --- bahwahwahwahahaha

Ted Arabian
04-13-2007, 05:31 AM
ha ha HA!

Thanks Charli! I can't wait to try them out. So cool of you!

-Ted

Kyle Stebbins
04-13-2007, 06:05 PM
Snow!? Hahaha. 47 degrees here, so, still cold but certainly not snowing.

we had some nice weather a few days ago. very excited for this film, ted. its so cool watching you advance from I.D. to this! (And I.D. still rocked the house!!)

I miss my dvx................
-kyle

Ted Arabian
04-13-2007, 06:49 PM
Hey Kyle, my man!

Yep! Cold, rain and snow. But the good news is.... I FINISHED MY TAXES!!! (whew!)

I really appreciate the support you always show me. It really means a lot. And I am very excited for Spy Fest. I actually had a "vision" of how I am going to open this film and I am very excited to experiment with it.

And "thanks!" I am so, so proud of my first attempt at filmmaking with "I.D." It was a true pleasure and I glad that people still bring it up from time to time. It really means a lot.

Thanks Bro. I am going to miss having you on the set!

btw, HOW IS THAT HVX??? Do you REALLY miss your DVX??? I keep looking for an opportunity to make the switch. I love my DVX but I really, REALLY want an HVX.

Finally.... I do hope that I will be seeing your name pop on a thread title hear soon announcing that you are participating in Spy Fest!

Cheers!

-Ted

david jerome
04-13-2007, 10:17 PM
Ted I am so glad you finished your taxes. Now please get started on you film. I am really looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

david jerome

Ralph Oshiro
04-13-2007, 10:27 PM
But the good news is.... I FINISHED MY TAXES!!! (whew!)
Congratulations, Theo! Whew! I just finished my 2005 taxes!!! Woo hoo!

And "thanks!" I am so, so proud of my first attempt at filmmaking with "I.D." It was a true pleasure and I glad that people still bring it up from time to time. It really means a lot.
"I.D." was the sh*t, man!

And I am very excited for Spy Fest. I actually had a "vision" of how I am going to open this film and I am very excited to experiment with it.
I'd also like to do something more "experimental" with these fests as well, Ted. Try to go as far to the edge as you can--I think you have great potential as a filmmaker. DVXUSER is also the perfect venue for trying to think outside the box and to try out something new. My next film will be much more weird, I think.

Now please get started on you film. I am really looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
Me too!

Ted Arabian
04-14-2007, 10:04 AM
Ted I am so glad you finished your taxes. Now please get started on you film. I am really looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

david jerome
HAHA! Awesome... Will Do, David! Will Do!

Congratulations, Theo! Whew! I just finished my 2005 taxes!!! Woo hoo!Well, congrats to you, too! I swear--- WAIT A MINUTE!!! 2005 TAXES??? Wow, you're worse than me! haha

"I.D." was the sh*t, man!Thanks man!

I'd also like to do something more "experimental" with these fests as well, Ted. Try to go as far to the edge as you can--I think you have great potential as a filmmaker. DVXUSER is also the perfect venue for trying to think outside the box and to try out something new. My next film will be much more weird, I think.We are very fortunate to have this forum and opportunities here at dvxuser... it really does amaze me. I never EVER imagined that I would be an "online chatter" but here I feel in good company and right at home. And the ability to share our work, vision and experiments with our peers is truly rewarding.

Me too!Thanks Ralph. Thanks David.

I am really geared up to start shooting Spy Master. I don't think that I realized how much the burden of these taxes weighed on me. But now, I feel able to focus and forge ahead!

Now, let's get those cameras rolling!

-Ted

Ted Arabian
04-15-2007, 08:42 PM
I have two things to say....

One, it is as beautiful as a Christmas Card here right now...

And two,

I just finished watching the "The Departed" and would like someone to tell me how and why that film was even in the running for Best Picture and Best Director. I am disgusted and astounded at the fact that this piece of crap won both categories.

I do apologize about my tone. I am sure that I will wake tomorrow and edit this but for now... I am just mad. As a filmmaker and as an audience member I feel betrayed by the "Academy." If they feel bad because they never "recognized" Mr. Scorsese and his body of work, they did an injustice by having this film stand as his "memorial and testiment to his work." It is filled with bad editing, continuity, forced directing and a story tried to provoke human drama but never did. And we won't even go into the attempts to recreate a Boston accent. Sheesh! I am so, so disappointed at the obvious politics that take place in Hollywood.

If anyone disagrees, I welcome your arguement here... because I for one would like to hear someone justify this. And don't tell me the performances are good. I won't disagree with that. But tell me why this film deserves the nods that it received. I just don't get it.

bosindy
04-15-2007, 08:53 PM
I just finished watching the "The Departed" and would like someone to tell me how and why that film was even in the running for Best Picture and Best Director. I am disgusted and astounded at the fact that this piece of crap won both categories.

I do apologize about my tone. I am sure that I will wake tomorrow and edit this but for now... I am just mad. As a filmmaker and as an audience member I feel betrayed by the "Academy." If they feel bad because they never "recognized" Mr. Scorsese and his body of work, they did an injustice by having this film stand as his "memorial and testiment to his work." It is filled with bad editing, continuity, forced directing and a story tried to provoke human drama but never did. And we won't even go into the attempts to recreate a Boston accent. Sheesh! I am so, so disappointed at the obvious politics that take place in Hollywood.

If anyone disagrees, I welcome your arguement here... because I for one would like to hear someone justify this. And don't tell me the performances are good. I won't disagree with that. But tell me why this film deserves the nods that it received. I just don't get it.

Ted, we are kindred spirits my friend. The one that really got me was that it won for screenplay. My initial impressions when seeing this film were posted here:

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=68143&page=15&highlight=departed

BTW, I dropped you an email today.

Ted Arabian
04-16-2007, 06:16 AM
Hey Jim, glad that it wasn't just me then.

Wow! I just briefed through that huge thread about "The Departed." I am glad to see for the most part, we are not alone.

The thing that gets me is... it's a movie filled with flaws and forced storytelling. Fine! They're made everyday. BUT DON'T RECOGNIZE IT AS BEST IN PICTURE, BEST FOR DIRECTION, BEST SCREENPLAY WHEN IT DOESN'T EVEN COME CLOSE TO DESERVING IT!!!

Just pisses me off!

Martin Scorsese SHOULD have been recognized for his work on GOODFELLAS! Now, THAT was a great film!

Okay, I gotta get over this rant! :)

Yes, Jim. I got your email while I was working and forgot to get back to you. I will reply right now.

btw, I will not be coming into Boston today. The weather is just horrible!

Charli
04-17-2007, 04:51 PM
Theo - I sent the VidLEDS out today. Sorry for the delay. You should get them in a few days, sent them FedEx ground. Btw, you must take a picture of how I boxed the vids, it's too cute, ha ha ha.

Brandon Rice
04-17-2007, 05:24 PM
LOL dude... I loved The Departed and thought it deserved Best Picture.

Beat Takeshi
04-17-2007, 05:33 PM
Hey Ted,

Looking forward to meeting you next week. It's going to be fun. Good luck on this joint too :).

Seems more and more people are stretching out and helping on each others films.

Brandon Rice
04-17-2007, 05:34 PM
Aram, you two are working togetheR? SICK DUDE! Awesome!

Beat Takeshi
04-17-2007, 06:49 PM
We are going to Cambridge to work on Bosindy's joint. I'm driving up Monday night.

Ted Arabian
04-17-2007, 06:52 PM
Hey Aram, yeah man! Really looking forward to it!!! Going to be fun.

Charli, thanks!!

Brandon.... I don't know, man. The film was so filled with flaws... but, that is just my opinion.

Charli
04-17-2007, 07:27 PM
Theo - I have no problems of you using the Vids on Bosindy's short. Get some mileage on 'em.

bosindy
04-17-2007, 07:48 PM
Hey Charlie, That is very nice of you. We may have a use for them. Thank you!

Ted Arabian
04-17-2007, 08:02 PM
Wow, Charli... that is nice of you. Thank you!

Brandon Rice
04-18-2007, 09:10 AM
We are going to Cambridge to work on Bosindy's joint. I'm driving up Monday night.

Nice! Have fun guys!

:)

Charli
04-18-2007, 09:39 AM
Bos - we are all in this together, besides, the Vids are built like a tank, no worries here. Get some great shots and have a whole lot of fun. Theo will be a doll to work with, just make sure he has clean socks...

Ted Arabian
04-18-2007, 10:22 AM
no worries there, Charli! Not since you sent me 3 brand new pairs for Christmas!!!

Norm Sanders
04-18-2007, 10:55 PM
Theo, just catching up on some threads ... looking forward to seeing your film!

Oh, and just to stoke the fire on THE DEPARTED again ... :grin: I just watched it last night, and took it back to Blockbuster telling my wife she shouldn't waste her time. While I DID find it entertaining enough to keep me up until 1am watching it, I also knew it wouldnt be her cup of tea, not to mention the darker ending.

As far as flaws, continuity, etc. ... you couldn't be more correct. I too am surprised it won all that it did, but you're more than likely right about the politics end of it ... never surprises me.

One of the first flaws I personally noticed was at one of the earlier funerals (I think the first?) ... JUST before cutting, and right after the 3rd report of the 21 Gun Salute, you could see one of the actors start to crack a smile. C'Mon, man!

K, back to your thread, lol.

Blaine
04-19-2007, 12:29 AM
What's up, Ted? You going to be contacting me for breakdown/budget/scheduling?

Ted Arabian
04-19-2007, 08:09 AM
Hey Blaine! Yeah, I NEED to start focusing on Spy Master!!! I have done everything BUT work on it. It is my focus now!

Norm, thanks for dropping in. Dude, I am SO BUMMED about Berlin!

And I couldn't agree with you more about The Departed. I found it entertaining but in no way did I feel that it was Best Picture, etc. etc.

Okay, getting back to MAKING A FILM!

btw, anyone ever use the Advanta-jib Lite? I want to buy a crane and have looked at many. I like the Kessler set-up a lot but just discovered info on this Advanta-jib. Looks great! I love that it can MANUALLY (no power) tilt and pan!

Anyone use this?

RebeccaD
04-19-2007, 02:17 PM
Okay, getting back to MAKING A FILM!

Can't help ya so much on the technical gear question, Ted, but I am interested to hear about your progress. Hopefully the weather is cooperating a little more over there for you!

Ted Arabian
04-19-2007, 02:46 PM
Hi Rebecca,

Well, the weather IS taking a turn for the better! We've had a huge storm come through here that dumped tons of rain and caused flooding all over the place. But the weekend has a nice forcast and we are supposed to actually get into the 60s!!! (wow! I know!!!)

I got to be outside today and was able to fabricate a car-mounted camera rig for my shoot! I am very excited about this as well as a bit nervous! But I have many safety devices in play so if something terrible goes wrong, there shouldn't be too much damage!

Thanks for checking in!

btw, I miss your last avatar!!!

RebeccaD
04-19-2007, 03:02 PM
K, I may change it back. I was just tired of the black & white....I have a few other options. :) I'm glad to hear about your progress, though. Its supposed to be 60 here as well. When is your first shoot date?

Ted Arabian
04-19-2007, 03:19 PM
I haven't scheduled a first shoot date yet. I have had such a time just getting my mind set to shoot. The crazy weather here... taxes....

BUT, I am getting geared up now and will post info when I DO know it!

As for the avatar... I just really liked that picture. But please, try a few other ones out!

RebeccaD
04-19-2007, 04:41 PM
Just for you, Ted. :) I'm at work, so I don't have some of my other options available on this computer. I'll keep this one up for now. I'm glad things are coming along on the production! I am really looking forward to this entry.

Ted Arabian
04-19-2007, 07:17 PM
Thanks Rebecca! That really is a great production photo of you... but I am interested in seeing your other ones as well.

So, now that you are not doing Berlin... any chance I can get you to come out to New Hampshire??? My wife and I have a guest room with your name on it! (unless Mark Harris takes it!)

I know that will never happen.. at least, not right now. But geez.... that would be so cool!

RebeccaD
04-19-2007, 07:38 PM
When are you shooting? :happy:

Ted Arabian
04-20-2007, 05:35 AM
HAHA! That is the magic question!

Ted Arabian
04-20-2007, 05:46 AM
NEW EQUIPMENT!!!

Okay, so I have been WANTING a crane SO BADLY! I have read every article relating to the Kessler Crane, the EZFX, the GlideCam, etc. etc. I REALLY want to own an Advanta-Jib Lite (that thing looks amazing!) but I don't want commit to 4 digit figure... yet.

However, I found a great deal on ebay. I just closed a deal on a GlideCam 100 for $200! Sure, it is an older model and it doesn't have any bells or whistles... BUT it should work better than my LADDER CRANE that I had been working on! (It just was too bulky!)

I am VERY excited to start experimenting with this! I have some really interesting ideas on how to use this jib!

Woo-Hoo! New toys!

Ted Arabian
04-22-2007, 08:18 AM
BORROWED EQUIPMENT!!!

Thank you Charli for the Vidled lights. OMG!!! They are amazing! They are so bright!!! I had no idea that LED lights could be so bright.

And the best part is your packaging! SOCKS!!!! The perfect packing material!!!

You are a hoot! Thank you so much!

You are awesome.

I cannot wait to put these to use.

Woo Hoo!!!!

Charli Just ROCKS!!!! (pun intended with name!)

Charli
04-22-2007, 09:26 AM
Theo, Theo, Theo, the secret to being a great director is not what talent you have, but what socks you are wearing. Hey, those VidLEDS are bright, that's why I included the fliters there for you. Warm them up a bit. You and Bos have fun with the lights. I bet you just cracked to pieces when you saw the packaging.

RebeccaD
04-24-2007, 12:02 PM
The socks packaging is awesome. Ted, we need a picture of you wearing your socks on a ladder. Heh heh.

Ted Arabian
04-24-2007, 03:34 PM
haha! Hey Rebecca, I like your new avatar photo. I know that I am being picky, but can you crop some of the head room so we can see more of your face? :)

btw, there just may be a photo of me on a ladder on bosindy's thread soon... Jim, Aram, Tod, and I have just returned to the apartment after a morning/afternoon of shooting in a tavern. (wow! What a location!)

Dinner is on the way and a evening of shooting!!!

Matt Sconce
04-24-2007, 03:41 PM
congrats! Keep it up! :-)

RebeccaD
04-24-2007, 04:06 PM
I will work on the cropping soon. I'm not as savvy as some of you all on here, ya know! Good luck on the shooting and I am looking forward to the ladder photo!

bosindy
04-24-2007, 05:28 PM
Quick news from the set:

The film Ted is helping with could not have been made without him.

Jim

Ted Arabian
04-24-2007, 06:19 PM
Thanks Jim! I know that was meant for your thread but I'll take the love!!! :love4:

Thanks Matt! Appreciate the support! :thumbsup:

Rebecca, if you would like... send me the photo and I'll crop it for you! :)

btw, the ladder shot will not be up until tomorrow.... :( I forgot the card to download the photos onto my computer.

I took some nice bts shots of Jim's FROZEN RIVER and I must say.... there was some amazing work done today!!!

RebeccaD
04-24-2007, 08:16 PM
Ted, you are a sweetie. Let me see if I can handle it on my end (I've been on my computer at work today and don't have the software here), but if I can't figure it out, I'll send it your way. :thumbsup: Thanks for helpin the little novice.

Mark Johnson
04-25-2007, 10:28 AM
Hey Ted! Haven't been on the board in awhile but got a moment to pop in. Nice to see you are cranking away on this!!! I get a huge smile every time I see your avatar and remember those In-N-Out days. Keep on sluggin' dude!

Charli
04-25-2007, 10:36 AM
Theo - hey, can you send me a pic of what that wire is suppose to look like? I think that would help a lot.

tamazeen
04-25-2007, 10:49 AM
mr arabian - should you ever need someone to clean those socks, or any other thing i can do, i'd look forward to the opportunity of working with you again!

bosindy
04-25-2007, 11:33 AM
Ted, spoke to tod and we are all set for the festival and the after party tonight. We just have to work out the logisitcs. We can finally have that drink. The opening film is supposedly a good one. "Fay Grim" and if it is anyhthing like other years, the filmmakers and actors should be in attendance.

Beat Takeshi
04-26-2007, 10:25 AM
Hi Ted,
Had a blast working with you on Jim's joint and yes, we definitely have to do something else together and utilize those skills I saw on those stage shots you showed us. Can I have a poster of that scene where the girl is on the floor? The lighting in that was incredible!!!

Yeah, Jim. I know you guys were like lets wait till squeeky leaves then have some fun. ;)

bosindy
04-26-2007, 10:42 AM
Wish you could have been there Aram. Next year we should all get passes and make a weekend of it. Who knows, maybe one of our films could get entered into one of the shorts packages. You just can't be squeaking during the film:cheesy:

Beat Takeshi
04-26-2007, 11:05 AM
Whats really going to suck is the day I'm shooting something and my hip squeeks during a critical point in the dialog and the director goes nuts because it took all day to get it perfect. :P

Ted Arabian
04-26-2007, 11:06 AM
Thank Aram, definitely a great time. I can't believe that it was only a day and a half.

Funny though, when talking Jim last night... we worked almost 17 hours on the single day!!! No wonder it feels like we've worked together for years!

It was just an awesome time on Frozen River.... I am still basking in it.

And thanks for the compliments on the lighting of "The Glass Menagerie." I was very happy with both the set and lighting design of that production. I will post a couple pix here so people know what the heck I am talking about and I will put a higher rez photo on my server for you to download.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thanks for checking in Mark Johnson. Long time, no see/hear from. I hope that you are well and happy. Miss you, man.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Tod (Tamazeen), thanks man BUT DON'T YOU START ON ME WITH THE SOCKS!!! I've got my hands full with Charli! (not to mention a box full of socks FROM Charli!)

Tod, it was great to meet your son last night. Great kid! Thanks again for the pass to the Boston Film Festival. Jim and I had a great time.... especially at the party!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Jim, thanks for the great experience!!! I will keep you informed about the Spy Master shoot. Let's not wait for an excuse to get together. Awesome times!!!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Well..... car rigs are built and ready. Camera Crane is expected from UPS tomorrow. Charli's VidLEDs are charged and ready. Scripts are in actors hands. Hopefully start making tracks next week!

Thanks all for checking in!

-Ted

Ted Arabian
04-26-2007, 11:07 AM
Whats really going to suck is the day I'm shooting something and my hip squeeks during a critical point in the dialog and the director goes nuts because it took all day to get it perfect. :P
HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!! That is actually NOT funny at all. Dude, I am really sorry that you have to deal with that. I guess it is better than the alternative.

Beat Takeshi
04-26-2007, 11:23 AM
I'm designing sound proof panties as we speak...

When are you shooting?

Ted Arabian
04-26-2007, 11:30 AM
Bwaaahaha hahahahahah hahahahahah!!!!!!!!!

OMG!!!! That is F'n FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!

I am working on my shoot schedule now.

Oh, damn.... that is funny!

Beat Takeshi
04-26-2007, 12:16 PM
Thank you. Thank you. I'm here all week. The schedule is on the wall in the front.

RebeccaD
04-26-2007, 01:15 PM
Ted, you have been keeping busy! Sounds like great progress is happening on Spy Master too! Very cool, and look forward to seeing some BTS.

Ted Arabian
04-26-2007, 02:11 PM
Rebecca!!!!!!!! EXCELLENT JOB on the avatar! Now I can see your face!

Speaking of avatar, every enjoy mine while it lasts..... I am changing it soon.

Ted Arabian
04-26-2007, 02:46 PM
Here is a series of photos that have been mentioned lately. These are photos that I took of "The Glass Menagerie." I designed the sets and lights for the play.

http://www.dvxuser6.com/uploaded/20191/1177619949.jpg

http://www.dvxuser6.com/uploaded/20191/1177619988.jpg

http://www.dvxuser6.com/uploaded/20191/1177620020.jpg

http://www.dvxuser6.com/uploaded/20191/1177620051.jpg

http://www.dvxuser6.com/uploaded/20191/1177620111.jpg

Back to SPY MASTER.....

Matt Sconce
04-26-2007, 02:53 PM
Cool dude!

cinealma
04-26-2007, 02:58 PM
Ted:

I really like your set/lighting design. Is that light coming through the door in the final pic? Did you angle that light from above?

If the photos are a "true" representation of the color, and I hope it is, I really like the velvety violet feel to it, with the yellows and the creams. That's WAY cool!

Brandon Rice
04-26-2007, 02:59 PM
Ted, I love those lighting/set pics from the play!! wow!

Ted Arabian
04-26-2007, 03:13 PM
Thanks Matt, John and Brandon. I appreciate it!

Ted:

I really like your set/lighting design. Is that light coming through the door in the final pic? Did you angle that light from above?

If the photos are a "true" representation of the color, and I hope it is, I really like the velvety violet feel to it, with the yellows and the creams. That's WAY cool!
Yes, the colors are a fairly well represented. Thanks. I spend a lot of time in the design process. And then a lot of time building and producing it!

As for the light in the final pic.... I LOVE THIS LIGHT. This light is just above eye level of the actors, shooting through the screened door. (This door exits onto the fire escape and there is a "dance hall" across the alley.) I shuttered the light to cut off on the door trim so it only shoots through the doorway and does not break through my invisible walls. You can see the evidence of that by looking on the floor. I will post a picture that shows the light better.

Thanks!

And just so you know, the light that shoots from the "front door" (the one with the yellow sheers) does come from a high position behind the door. It is supposed to look like a hallway light. When actors came to the door, their silhouette would project on to the sheer. It was very nice.

Let me grab that other pic.

Thanks!

cinealma
04-26-2007, 03:18 PM
Thanks Matt, John and Brandon. I appreciate it!

Yes, the colors are a fairly well represented. Thanks. I spend a lot of time in the design process. And then a lot of time building and producing it!

As for the light in the final pic.... I LOVE THIS LIGHT. This light is just above eye level of the actors, shooting through the screened door. (This door exits onto the fire escape and there is a "dance hall" across the alley.) I shuttered the light to cut off on the door trim so it only shoots through the doorway and does not break through my invisible walls. You can see the evidence of that by looking on the floor. I will post a picture that shows the light better.

Thanks!

And just so you know, the light that shoots from the "front door" (the one with the yellow sheers) does come from a high position behind the door. It is supposed to look like a hallway light. When actors came to the door, their silhouette would project on to the sheer. It was very nice.

Let me grab that other pic.

Thanks!

Awesome, Ted! Please do!

Ted Arabian
04-26-2007, 03:19 PM
Here is that photo.... the light hitting his face is coming through that door.

I love "motivated" lighting and try to find ways to use it when I can. In this play, much of the second act takes place in darkness.... the "power gets shut off" and they have to break out thye candles.

http://www.dvxuser6.com/uploaded/20191/1177622208.jpg

Thanks again for the comments. Means a lot.

Beat Takeshi
04-26-2007, 04:40 PM
Yup there they are. What are you using to compress them? They are really hazy looking. If you want, send me the originals and I can resize them for you. There was another shot were they were warm in the foreground and the background was all blue. I think she was looking out the door or something.

Beat Takeshi
04-26-2007, 04:41 PM
Oh, i think its the second pic but its so hazy it doesnt read.

RebeccaD
04-26-2007, 05:52 PM
Rebecca!!!!!!!! EXCELLENT JOB on the avatar! Now I can see your face!

Speaking of avatar, every enjoy mine while it lasts..... I am changing it soon.

Thanks, Ted, although I have to take my hat off to Norm on this one. :) I still love your avatar! Nice job on the lighting for that set! What a beaut!