Ki-Ki
03-08-2007, 03:09 PM
Out of any sort of luck. Don't suppose anyone around here lives in

Swansea...
West Glamorgan...
South Wales...
Or even just wales?
What about the UK?

The film work is extremely low down here, it seems you have to go 20 miles just to find someone who even watch films. Extremely hard to get a crew for Spy-Fest. So just wondering..worth a shot hm?

Charli
03-08-2007, 03:32 PM
ki - what do you need? Someone to front the production or someone who'll put it all together?

Ki-Ki
03-08-2007, 03:39 PM
Well one of my close friends has gone down ill, and definitly wont be able to shoot the short within the coming two months. I'm just looking for someone to collaberate with i guess, share the same ideas. Take equal responsibilities. I was considering going to colleges or local film schools within a certain radius tommorow and the start of next week. Though It seems even those are quite far apart. At the end of the day, I guess you can say distance is nothing if it comes to it. I think my lead character might be flying in from somewhere abroad so it sort of answers my own question in a way if that was the case.

I guess i sometimes just find it hard when your quite young in filmmaking, and your directing someone 3 times your age around a dangerous film set. ITs kind of...well theres a few words you can probably imagine for it. There was a thread in the Caffe about this not to long ago, decemberish. Going to do a search on that again see if i can find it.

But yeah, went off track a little. Just someone who can assist and take on the role of assistant direction/producer. Even the Film Commision often doesn't even have the ability to help.

Charli
03-08-2007, 06:01 PM
Ki - if I weren't in limbo, I'd help you out from here. I love producing and screenwriting regardless of location. Maybe some other time.

Mark T. Aro
03-08-2007, 06:46 PM
Kiki,

Since you are somewhat secluded, maybe you should try to just tackle something small. You know, build your idea around your resources. If doen cleverly enough you could really come up with something compelling, possibly the solitary life of a spy/assassin. I dunno... something along those lines.

Ki-Ki
03-09-2007, 12:54 AM
Thanks for the support and ideas, makes me remember what a nice community it is here.

wallachiaproductions
03-09-2007, 02:17 AM
Chin up mate, it feels like i am ploughing a lonely furrow in Romania too. I know how you feel.

Ralph Oshiro
03-09-2007, 03:21 AM
Yeah, Ki-Ki--try something "small." Small doesn't have to mean "lame." Small, simple, well-executed can be brilliant. Put on your "small" thinking cap and try out some ideas.