PDA

View Full Version : New Horror Movie For the Mini 2K???

Mars United
02-22-2007, 01:44 PM
I don't want to say too much, because I haven't asked permission and don't know the etiquette of posting info on forums.

Last night I took my SI-2K mini to a green screen studio where a band was making a video with the HVX200. The purpose wasn't so much to compare the 2 cameras as it was to utilize the lit green screen to send to the FX department.

I think I can safely say that the producers/directors (and others) were very impressed with what they saw. In fact, this was my first opportunity to shoot in a properly lit environment and I was blown away.

This production company is looking at shooting a horror movie with the Mini, and, well, I have to say it all looks very exciting!

I'm going to ask permission to post some clips (I think the band and director would have to give permission) and some stills.

Just had to share. Wish I could say more right now! Cheers.

Jason Rodriguez
02-22-2007, 01:57 PM
Cool, looking forward to some new clips :)

Mars United
02-22-2007, 10:27 PM
I don't know if we'll get permission from the director and band to show the footage from the Mini. There are lots of reasons why that might not be cool. We'll see. However, this Sunday we will be doing some more tests and I'll try to set aside some time to shoot some footage specifically to show on this forum. Maybe some green screen on the odd chance that it is lit. But at the least, some shots with studio lighting.

hawaj
02-27-2007, 05:57 AM
just show only some studio lit tests

Mars United
02-27-2007, 10:18 AM
Sunday's test were great fun. We got to shoot miniatures with wooden dolls and then live stand-ins against green screen. I can hardly wait to see the two put together.

I don't want to speak on behalf of the production, though, I guess I'm doing that now, but I think it is likely that I'll be able to post some of the shots of some of the miniatures next week. I don't want to suggest too much, and then not deliver.

I'll have some time to shoot this week out doors. Hopefully the weather holds up. So, by next week I'll definitely have some stuff to post, hopefully that includes a few clips from the studio.

FYI this camera is being VERY warmly received and I'm feeling very confident in my investment. My main concerns were the image, the reliability, the workflow, and the responses from people used to shooting on Vipers. Thumbs up all the way around! :)