View Full Version : FIlm Crop

02-21-2007, 02:52 PM
Im wondering where the people get the outside FILM crop for the photos that have the black stuff around and such

Matt Grunau
02-21-2007, 03:40 PM
Can you explain a little better?

02-21-2007, 07:51 PM
Yeah, I'm trying to think of the words. Ok its when somethings shot in 16mm, or they want you to think it is, and theres a black border sort of thing around the outside....I dont know if you know what I'm talking about. But I'll try and find a picture.
It works with photos too

02-21-2007, 07:54 PM
Here's a bad example, becuase its not EXACTLY what i'm talking about

Tom Marshall
02-21-2007, 08:18 PM
Are you talking about the film perfs?

02-22-2007, 10:51 AM
Well, you could kinda... just do it manually? Do two black borders and write whatever you want.

02-22-2007, 05:03 PM
yeah except there's better ones in movies....that look more like a film roll

DeVi| D0do
02-22-2007, 05:14 PM
Do you mean a film strip like this: http://overturningtables.com/tracer/images/Tabs/film-strip-screen.gif ?

02-22-2007, 07:23 PM
YEAH i do, except its only one frame not two and its normally vertical not horizontal

sorta like this


02-23-2007, 07:20 AM
That isn't hard to do with still pictures in photoshop. Its basicly just drawing.

02-23-2007, 05:06 PM
yeah but i want to do it with video in Premiere or Vegas

DeVi| D0do
02-23-2007, 05:38 PM
So why are you asking in the Photoshop forum? There are forums for both Premiere and Vegas, try there..

02-23-2007, 06:04 PM
cause i assumed it was in photoshop that they people made it and then dropped it in over top

Matt Grunau
02-24-2007, 06:41 AM
A good assumption, becuase you can do that in Photoshop and drop it in. As long as you include an alpha channel with it (save as a .psd, .tga, or .png) you should have no problems. You wont be able to animate it much, but you can certainly use it.

02-24-2007, 10:11 AM
ok, thats what i was looking for, thanks!