PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions? For good lowlight cam?

Labora
01-24-2007, 02:22 AM
Well our small time video production crew is picking up and getting busy. Me and a friend mostly film automotive related racing and such, often at night. But our day video jobs have been picking up so we need to get ANOTHER camera. Most of what we shoot during the day is just net quality videos or dvd quality live events so most anything will due, but we are shooting a automotive dvd the rest of time which is mostly at night at often in a harsh environment. (meaning unstable with a lot of camera shake) We currently have a vx2100.

Anyhow to the point, we want to get another camera that has XLR built in, comparable or better low light then a vx2100, and some sort of image stabilizer built in, that can do 16:9. (meaning we want to get the same quality picture or better then the vx2100 under the same conditions)

Budget is around 4000~$. (which we don’t have so if it is less that would be great we aren’t totally against getting something used either) Camera needs to be about the size of the vx also we don’t have room for a big shoulder mount when stuffed inside of a car filming.

A few we are considering but honestly don’t know a whole lot about are…(read all the reviews I can find but having a hard time comparing them to what I KNOW)

Panasonic AG-DVX100B (newest model?) I hear low light isn't that great? (I know you guys will favor this cam on this site any low light media I can view??)
Sony HDR-FX1 (no xlr thou http://www.camcorderinfo.com/bbs/images/smilies/frown.gif )
Canon XH A1

Any input, or advice or even suggestions to other models would be great! Thanks for any help.