PDA

View Full Version : EXCLUIVE! First four minutes of TUMBE

TizzyEntertainment
01-09-2007, 12:33 PM
Hey all..

We are actually on production for another feature film right now, but I found time to load a small sneak peek from our new feature "TUMBE"

Now while most of the movie is DVX/PS/35mm primes, this opening is more HVX so I decided to put it here...

The opening credits are all HVX/PS/Snorkel lens, with the boat scene being the DVX combo. So let me know what ya think.. and enjoy.
-Tizzy

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1700469046

FilmBoy77
01-09-2007, 01:48 PM
oooh. i liked that man. very nice feel. i was on the edge waiting to see what was about to happen. love that crime genre! :thumbup:

Matthew Bennett
01-09-2007, 03:21 PM
Looks great, can't wait to see all of it. I would rent this for sure. But why in valuable teaser time would you just show us credits? It sucks to have to say it, but those names mean nothing to us (I'm sure they'll all be stars in future, but for now, unfortunately, they are nobodies....)
I'd rather see some of the story and get a little hook going. Makes sense? What was your thinking behind this??

Whats the next feature? more Crime?

FilmBoy77
01-09-2007, 03:56 PM
oh yea, i forgot, the credits seemed to go on forever....

dwstudio
01-09-2007, 04:01 PM
WOW, that was cool!!!!
I loved the credits, and the deja vu/man on fire thing going... looks very interesting...
The ONLY thing I disliked was the ADR work... at least to me, it sounded fake.
Why didn't you use the audio from the shoot? It really sounded like ADR...
I would suggest adding some background noise to the scene...
BUT everything else was awesome... the music, the animations, the shots, all looked pretty cool...
I love the crime genre as well... RESPEK...

ShamrockFilms
01-09-2007, 06:34 PM
The credit sequence was pretty cool. It told us "this is a crime movie". BUT, just when I thought the movie was starting, MORE credits, then just when I thought the movie was starting, MORE credits. I liked the effects in the credits, but I felt like there was too much of it in the scene on the boat. Give us a rest, let us see the story without flashing and buzzing the pictures at us. This was not a sneak peak at the movie, it was merely a peak at your credit sequence. Nice camera angles on the boats. You should cut to: the girls on the boat when the boss asks if he wants to join him. Add some seagul noises in the bg. It really drove me nuts that each time I though the movie was about to begin I was tossed back into the credit sequence again, I'm sure it will do the same to 90% of your audience. The best suggestion I can give you is to start right out with the story, no credit sequence. HOOK US and then go into the credit sequence. That's the way to do it. Good luck man, look great.

thefilmaddict
01-09-2007, 07:24 PM
The visuals are great.

The acting seems a little over the top or labored at times, but maybe I would warm up to the rawness of the performances if I watched the entire film. The actors certainly look right.

The locations are incredible.

The aerial shots are great.

Like others have said, the title sequence is too long. It starts out very strong, then gets repetitive. Perhaps on the big screen it would hold up. This is an indie film and you need to keep things moving or people will walk. Bond films have shorter title sequences. In my humble opinion, Get to the story sooner.

The audio is your weakest link. Hollywood films have such clear in your face sound no matter the location. You microphones seemed to be far away and the sound has a lot of background noise (reverb at times and hum on occasion). I can live with this if the story is really good.

I would see this movie or rent the DVD in a heart beat. You guys did an amazing job and should feel very proud that you completed such a high end looking film. Great work.

I would love to know your budget, crew size, gear, etc... The film has a big feel.

They are Them
01-09-2007, 09:05 PM
VERY Michael Bay'esk.....for credits, looked pretty cool, a lot of "blow" and names, kind'a thought the dialog and foot steps were a little "hot" in the mix, but yeah, visually looked pretty cool

TizzyEntertainment
01-09-2007, 10:01 PM
Thanks all..

This is sort of a rough to final cut so input is great. Yeah it is just the credits and that was for good reason. We were trying to get a little something out there while waiting on trailer aproval and such that wouldn't piss anybody off (IE: companies we are doing business with for distribution) but they have already caught wind and even though it is just credits and a "glimpse" of a set up scene.. they still want it down. (till things are finalized ect.. legal mumbo jumbo) I will delay this till tomorrow so anyone can still see it.

Funny you thought the sound was poor filmaddict.. the entire scene is ADR All the background noise is has been added in post, and 90% of the film is ADR not because of poor location sound necessarilly.. but more so because, most larger films are as well.. very few use all originbal audio but this is far from a full audio mix. We are currently doing a 5.1 dolby and there all the leveling will be done, so things like hoty footsteps or strong "bassy" dialouge (which is what kills the illusion of it being original ausdio or replaced) will be corrected. That mix should actually be done as within a week or two of us wrapping on our current shoot (scheduled for 3 weeks) but an even new mix then this is going out as screeners this week)

Thanks again all.. empty compliments gain us nothing, only from criticisim and correction do we learn.
-Tizzy

ShamrockFilms
01-09-2007, 11:34 PM
Distributors are weird about that. So are festivals who want your premiere. They're very strict about anything being online ahead of time.

FREUDENBERG_FILMS
01-10-2007, 12:40 AM
Great titles, nice acting, editing was darn good, loved the opening with the dope , shells and rifles ( to be an ass there was a little too many shells standing upright )

I would buy the DVD with just this teaser.

So put me down for a copy.
4 Star trailer 5 start post cheers
cheers Mike

dolph2000
01-10-2007, 09:41 AM
in the end when the bold guy is leaving you go over the axis. The guy is leaving to the right in first place but in the next shot he 's going left.
I like the Tony scott kind of editing, the music is good, but the ADR is poor as you say but need some post.
I would change framework in the dialogue scene from overshoulder to close more. But overall I like the style.

garydxd
01-10-2007, 03:29 PM
I think this looks great! The beginning started off VERY STRONG and then I was saying "C'mon".

Also, not sure if this will be projected on the big screen, but even in this little preview I can pretty much see you and your rig in the sunglasses of the actors.

Great job.

benandaim
01-10-2007, 07:44 PM
I like your editing style, kind of similar to what i do in some ways. One thing i wondered was do you edit with FCP? Cos i keep seeing these orange flashes/ transitions in a lot of ppls work, I just wondered if there an FCP effect or something? They look good it's just there everywhere! I would love to see the final product. Great work.

kyle.presley
01-10-2007, 07:48 PM
Also, not sure if this will be projected on the big screen, but even in this little preview I can pretty much see you and your rig in the sunglasses of the actors.

I second that. The project looks very pro, though. :beer:

TizzyEntertainment
01-10-2007, 09:49 PM
Thanks all a few responses..

Axis crossing is not as big a deal as it once was.. had we flipped their position on screen without a camera motion to justify it that can be jarring but most don't notice little things like that.. other then us LOL

As for the rig in the sunglasses.. when I first went to edit the scene I thought "Oh crap I can see the camera.. : Then upon closer examination on a larger monitor... it is actually the other actor.. The camera is just slight enough that if you look really close on a much larger screen on occassion part of the tripod leg can be seen in the corner of his glasses but otherwise the reflection is always the other guy.. I mean we did strive on set to stay out of the reflection but sometimes you just can't control an actors head.. so it was still alot of luck.

As for the orange flashes.. I believe that particular plugin is called "film flash" by Effect Essentials. It is a video filter, not a transition in FCP but that look is actually achieved through a couple plugins and some other editing magic.. We know alot of people are going to ask "What plug in did the garbage edits" we just wanted to make sure it wasn't a plug in, but us being creative that mimiced a handcranked 35mm camera.

One last thing.. a movie my buddy DPed.. VERY low budget but it was the DVX/PS/35mm combo is out on DVD as of yesterday.. It is called "Bloodline" Nothing to stellar.. brothers grow up in seperate homes one becomes a gabngbanger the other a cop.. but it is in Blockbuster/Hollywood video as well as Wal-Mart ect.. if you get a chance check it out.
-Tizzy

cinebuddy
01-10-2007, 09:56 PM
Nice work, can't wait to see the finished version. Definitely gonna check out Bloodline too.

abalex
01-11-2007, 11:54 PM
Dude where is your video! I go to the myspace link but all I see is booty and other random vids.

help!
g.

TizzyEntertainment
01-13-2007, 03:45 PM
Dude where is your video! I go to the myspace link but all I see is booty and other random vids.

help!
g.

Oh sorry bud.. we had to pull the video down due to some slack we got from potential distributors... hopefully once everything is finalized we can put something back up. Meanwhile if you did not already see the teaser trailer check it out at www.myspace.com/tumbethemovie

We are on production for another feature film right noe but as soon as that is completed I hope to be cutting a full length TUMBE trailer so stay posted.
-Tizzy

abalex
01-17-2007, 12:08 AM
That's what I'm talking about! Good job papi!Lol

G.