PDA

View Full Version : XHA1 Tripod question and Shotgun mic question

dakkio26
01-05-2007, 11:19 AM
Tripod Question

Do you guys think that a Bogen 501 Head on a set of 755b legs would be good enough for my XHA1? I want something nice, sturdy and stable, that'll allow me to pan smoothly. Do you think I would be missing out by not going for a fluid head? or is that more of a gimic than a "must have"??

if you have any other suggestions please let me know, my budget is around 250 max. (~$400). And I mean max! hehe

Shotgun mic Question

My Audio Techinca AT835b is to small for the built on mount! So what I've gone and crudely done it to clamp it over the windshield because it fits better (if you know wat i mean). The thing is, it now picks up the damn zoom noise! Is there some kind of mount that i can get that'll allow me to sort this problem? Also, can I get rid of the zoom noise in Sony Vegas?? And dont say "Go getcha self a Boooom Pole!" hehe

Sorry for all the questions guys!! :evil:

Alex :thumbsup:

VIDEOMIKE
01-10-2007, 03:51 PM
I have the Bogen 501 head (about $150). I'm using it with a XL2 (8lbs). I think it's pretty good but I've been told the 503 is much better (About $250, true fluid head). It depends on how much you want to spend on legs.

Good Luck

dakkio26
01-10-2007, 05:46 PM
Thanks for the advice.

I've already ordered a 501 head on some 755b legs from ebay

Dak