PDA

View Full Version : Sony HD Mystery Cam from NASA. HELP?

MagicCat
01-01-2007, 12:48 PM
Recently, a friend that worked on the auction site for a local NASA lab in cleveland had to move and gave me what was left over from the items he personally bought over the years.

I am trying to find out what this camera is.

Sony Model HDST-1000T HD Telop Camera

It is about the size of a larger Surveillance Camera with what appears to be a mount for a C-Mount Sized lens. The back side of it has a 14 pin male cable mount as well as a grounding screw. The serial Number strangely 10012? (I was told it was probably number 12 off the line by a sony tech)

I dont know anything about it and am trying to find any info on what this is, The only thing I have found is it looks like it was discontinued around 1999 or 2000. I have no lens for it nor have I ever tried to fire it up. I have lots of old sony broadcast cabling but do not want to mess it up. Sony No longer offers a manual or support for it. A friend who is a Tech for Sony, looked through his Sony CD Manual Library and we could find nothing on it at all. Like it never exsisted. Was this a custom HD Cam made for NASA?

The only thing I have seen on this stated it was for retrieving Telop Characters from within Video. That is all I know. It is some sort of early HD Camera.

Any help in finding out what this Mystery Cam is would be greatly appreciated.

It could be for sale or barter if I cannot get any info on it.

MagicCat
mail@mediamagicproductions.com

Christopher Barry
01-01-2007, 05:43 PM
Maybe one of the PDF's here (http://www.systemb.co.jp/Support/SonySuportEnd.html), translated, might help.

Edit: Might be a service centre, not info, sorry.

Digigenic
01-01-2007, 05:59 PM
That sounds interesting.
The best thing I could suggest would be to get in contact with whatever dept. that oversees the acquisition, operation and maintainence of these types of tools for NASA.

MagicCat
01-01-2007, 06:28 PM
Thanks for the lead Christopher, I see it listed there but your right, I need a translator or a doc converter to know what they do there.

Digigenic: Thank you as well, Unfortunately, the department this came from has had some serious face lifts including some additions to the "mobilization pool" AKA, Layoffs. At this point, all I know is that It came out of the Lewis research Center in Cleveland. About two years ago, I saw one on Ebay, but it was a pawn shop and they were clueless as to it's origins, it too had no lens or cables. The serial curiously was only a few off from mine?!

Maybe I need to check with the folks in Roswell NM, it seems to be elusive enough that they just might know something.

MagicCat