PDA

View Full Version : Any Illustrator or GoLive users here?

weltonfilment
12-14-2006, 01:43 PM
I know this is a photoshop forum, but I've got an Illustrator/GoLive question, if anybody knows anything about either program.

I've created a map in Illustrator that will be used for a website, and I want to do something like Google Maps, where you can zoom in on the map. Since Illustrator works in vectors, I would think it would be somewhat easy, but I have no clue about how to do it.

Any ideas? Thanks.

MrBattle@mac.com
12-14-2006, 02:24 PM
you mean you want to create the map, the blow it up to certain sizes so users can select how far they are zoomed in?

weltonfilment
12-14-2006, 04:19 PM
Yes, basically just like Google Maps. You can zoom in, and then use the "hand" pointer to drag around the screen to get to where you want. Is this something that's quite difficult to do? Thanks.

MrBattle@mac.com
12-14-2006, 04:22 PM
its not that difficult. but youll need to use flash to actually put the illustrator file to use. what i do is make the map as big as i can (forinstance: one map was 80,000 pixels x 20,000 pixels) and then i make it so you can click and "zoom" into the map with a slider dial. if u have flash i can send you the files.