PDA

View Full Version : Wacom Tablet size?

art metal art
12-08-2006, 03:16 PM
What size do you guys prefer?
I have the cheaper Graphire, I think it's called, in the 6" x 8" but I want the better Intuos. I don't know if I really want to go bigger though. I used a friends large tablet and it just seemed like to much area you have to move around on.
What size do you use?

Barry_S
12-08-2006, 03:54 PM
I use the Intuos 3 6x8 tablet and for me, it already takes a bit more space than I like. I tried out a Cintiq 21UX monitor this week and nearly had an out of body experience. Drawing directly on the screen is so natural, it makes me want to chuck my Intuos.

E_D_N
12-08-2006, 11:30 PM
6x8 seems to be the most popular size.

I just bought the Intuos3 4x6 for my 17" widescreen Inspiron laptop... it's small enough that I can carry around with me at all times and I custom the mapping area, so there's really no point in getting anything bigger.

oneinfiniteloop
12-11-2006, 02:10 PM
If you have a widescreen monitor and/or dual monitors check out the widescreen models. The 6x11 is more natural for this kind of setup and you get 30% more tablet to work with.

art metal art
12-16-2006, 09:17 PM
I just bought the 4x6 and It's great. The size is just right for me. I never use the full screen because I zoom to 100% or more with editing. I tried using it in mouse mode for the pen and that way you really don't need even the 4x6 space.

Tom Marshall
12-22-2006, 10:40 PM
I've got the Intuos 9 x 12 and I LOVE it!

Blaine
12-22-2006, 10:53 PM
The tablets are great. I'm left handed but have always used a right handed mouse, leaving my left hand free for the pen and tablet.

Tom Marshall
12-23-2006, 11:48 AM
The tablets are great. I'm left handed but have always used a right handed mouse, leaving my left hand free for the pen and tablet.

At the same time?? I'm impressed! :D

insanityfw
12-23-2006, 12:39 PM

I too am left handed and my productivity and speed have increased ten-fold being able to use the mouse and the tablet at the same time. Being forced to do many things right-handed when I was younger has really come in handy. :)

I just upped to two Dell 24" monitors and a 12 x19 tablet and it's amazing. Lots better on the elbow joints. I scaled back the tablet to a smaller space that is exactly set up for two monitors and it's awesome.

I had a small standard aspect intuos before and I still use it with my laptop, but it's not as accurate as having the wide tablet for a wide-screen.

art metal art
12-23-2006, 12:58 PM
Anyone program the express keys for themselves? I haven't got the hang of the buttons because I don't know what they control....yet!

Tom Marshall
12-23-2006, 01:01 PM
I usually don't use the buttons. I find hitting the keys on the keyboard is usually more intuitive and natural. They keys aren't hard to program though. All you do is go to the Wacom settings in the control panel (on PC). Not sure about the Mac.

insanityfw
12-23-2006, 01:02 PM
I programmed them, but they seem to reset from time to time. Still not natural for me to use them, so I gave up.

Fatty
01-30-2007, 08:45 AM
i work all day every day on PSDs and have used almost every sized tablet as well as the Cintiq. If you cant afford a Cintiq -the 6/11wide is my fave assuming U have a wide screen monitor or a dual screen setup.

I foolishly youst to buy the bigest tablets i could -very awkward to work with and you always zoom in to work on details anyway!
-but on the other hand they make for a great shoulder work out...