PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever dealt with H1Photo?

GoroCow
11-27-2006, 07:03 PM
H1Photo has some good prices, but reviews on them are very limited. What I can find on them seems to be nothing bad, but I haven't seen anythine concrete. They have a store on ebay, as well as their own site. They seem more reputable then some of the sites out there, but I'm still not sure, was wondering if anyone has had any actual contact with this company?

Drew Ott
11-27-2006, 08:01 PM
Unless they are authorized I wouldn't buy from them.

Barry_Green
11-27-2006, 09:08 PM
They don't show up as an authorized Panasonic or Canon dealer.

Kevin Dorsey
11-27-2006, 10:35 PM
It's funny that on their site, right next to the A1, it says they're an authorized Canon dealer. Probably authorized to sell Powershot digital cameras, not camcorders. A bit misleading. Their Ebay price is 3730 with shipping, their site price is 3834 with ground shipping.

-Kevin

dpc
11-27-2006, 11:34 PM
On their site it states, "H1 Photo.com is a division of Cardinal Camera." Cardinal Camera is listed as an authorized dealer for the XH-A1 on Canon's site. Does this mean it's legit -- probably, but I'd want to make sure my invoice stated Cardinal Camera and not H1 Photo -- and that would probably only happen if purchased at their brick and mortar location.

Barry_Green
11-28-2006, 09:27 AM
Well, that's an interesting web of threads to follow -- would it count as an authorized unit if it was bought from a company which is not an authorized dealer, but is a division of an authorized dealer? I don't know... but I agree with dpc, I'd sure want my invoice to say that it came from the authorized dealer.

Which may mean it's as simple as calling up Cardinal and telling them to sell it to you for the same price H1Photo would?

GoroCow
11-28-2006, 03:27 PM
I sent an e-mail to H1photo asking about there connection to Cardinal Camera, and they responded that H1photo is the name of their online store and Cardinal is the physical store. Cardinal is, as previously stated, on Canon's official seller list. Cardinal also happens to be located about 10 miles from where I live, but at this point, what money I might save there, would go right back on in taxes then, so I'm thinking that BHPhoto might still be the best option for me, though anyone else looking, this company seems legitimate, and there customer service is fairly quick and responsive.