PDA

View Full Version : I am in debt, sold my arm for the A1

phally
10-30-2006, 06:39 AM
well not extactly, but I did get a line of credit at BH and plunk down 4,000 bones for the A1:)

but alas, now I need a battery and find a way to write it off so the taxes out of my freelancing cancels each other.

Anybody got a suggestion on what bag I should get? I am looking for the backpack kind from kata or petrol, something indescrite becase hopefully I can take the camera to forgien land.

Also, what is the biggest battery this bad boy can take?

p.s. AS YOU CAN SEEE I AM VERY EXCITEDDDD

thanks guys

rawfa
10-30-2006, 06:42 AM
I ordered 2 of these a couple of days ago:
http://www.bestbatt.com/Canon_BP_970G_Camcorder_Battery_Pack_p/bbbp970g.htm

manglerBMX
10-30-2006, 06:45 AM
i think a lowepro nature trekker will fit it. i use that bag for my dvx and its pretty snazzy. fits on carry on as well.

rawfa
10-30-2006, 06:50 AM
As for the bag, I use the lowepro photo trekker classic ( http://www.lowepro.com/Products/Backpacks/classic/Photo_Trekker_Classic.aspx )
It's a truly amazing bag with lots of space for A LOT of stuff. I carry the camera (the fx1 before I sold it for the canon A1), 3 batts, a bunch of tiffen filters, a bunch of cables, a bunch of papers and notes, AND like 4 canon fd lenses (before I sold them). And there was still space left for more. On the outside there's some straps to carry a small tripod or a shoulder support (I straped the Video Innovators S-800 on it with no problem). The bag is well protected with soft strong padding. It's an amazing bag that I recomend to all. Ok, lowe guys, if you are reading this email me so I can let you guys know where to ship my free bag now ;-)

phally
10-30-2006, 06:57 AM
Thanks mike? and rafa,

yea i will definately look at the bag. I am planning to go to a forgien country and do not want to become a mark, I have a custom shoulder support from cavision that i want will fit in the bag. Also I know i will need a tripod, what light and small tripod do you guys recomend? I have a bogen 3053? that is very big and heavy but it is overkill for what I am shooting, I will be shooting villigers growing rice, and the 3053 tripod is best left at home to look at.

thanks guys

Phally