PDA

View Full Version : What are you going to do with your extra hour tonight?

mikkowilson
10-28-2006, 03:21 PM
For at least the EU and the USA, we set our clocks back an hour tonight from "Daylight Savings (summer) Time" to "Standard (winter) Time".

http://i9.ebayimg.com/02/i/03/a9/37/a9_2.JPG

That means that an hour (between 02:00 and 03:00, I think) is repeated. For most that means an extra hour of sleep, for others it means beeing an embarasing hour early tommorrow.

How do you plan to use your extra hour tonight?

- Mikko ... allready at 0:21am on Sunday.

Blaine
10-28-2006, 03:25 PM
How do you plan to use your extra hour tonight?
I'll definitely like that extra hour of sleep. I've been waiting since April to "get it back" :Drogar-BigGrin(DBG)

Newt
10-28-2006, 03:27 PM
We'll be picking up that extra hour from you guys as we move into daylight savings here tonight :) (although, only some of our states are doing it...concensus is a strange thing).

Brandon Rice
10-28-2006, 03:27 PM
I'll use the extra hour to sleep for sure...

ryan brown
10-28-2006, 04:39 PM
SLEEP!?!?!?! you guys are crazy. It's halloween weekend, and we've got an extra hour at our fingertips. THE BARS ARE OPEN AN EXTRA HOUR! - - and the party's will be raging.

I will be drunk as a skunk, attempting to get laid, and possibly smoking a joint. That's my extra hour ;)

thartley
10-28-2006, 05:13 PM
SLEEP!?!?!?! you guys are crazy. It's halloween weekend, and we've got an extra hour at our fingertips. THE BARS ARE OPEN AN EXTRA HOUR! - - and the party's will be raging.

I will be drunk as a skunk, attempting to get laid, and possibly smoking a joint. That's my extra hour ;)

Yeah....you'll be sleeping. :)

mikkowilson
10-28-2006, 05:19 PM
LOL! :grin:

That told him.

- Mikko

Tom Marshall
10-28-2006, 05:19 PM
Oooh, and extra hour? I think I'll have to order some pizza and pick up some Guinness to celebrate... :)

ryan brown
10-28-2006, 05:36 PM
Jerks.:crybaby:

:beer:

thartley
10-28-2006, 05:53 PM
:beer: :kiss: :Drogar-Smoke(DBG): :Drogar-KnockedOut(D

:)

Owen
10-28-2006, 05:56 PM
Okay -- I've thought about this... and technically only people who were originally born during Spring or Summer are getting an extra hour. Those of us born Fall/Winter are merely getting the hour RETURNED to us that we were born with anyhow. Fall/Winter people get an hour stolen during Spring/Summer... Spring/Summer get an hour for FREE during Fall/Winter.

This keeps me up nights... am I missing something? It's a scam for some of us. :( Extra hour. Bah!

Blaine
10-28-2006, 06:00 PM
Right, Owen. Like I said earlier...I've been waiting since April to get my hour back!!!!:thumbsup:

TC
10-28-2006, 06:25 PM
In April I was supposed to go out diving, but I missed the boat because of the stupid time change.

With that in mind, I'm going to enjoy my extra hour tonight. Halloween party at Firestone Brewery, which means that with the extra time I'll have a few more of these:

http://www.firestonewalker.com/sections/firestonebeers/images/dba_12oz.jpg

HorseFilms
10-28-2006, 07:22 PM
I'll be trying to drink away a nasty cold I've had for about the last week. A little brandy should help me out.:beer:

That looks really good, TC!

Blaine
10-28-2006, 07:25 PM
I'll be trying to drink away a nasty cold I've had for about the last week. A little brandy should help me out.:beer:!
But not as much as a BIG brandy...:beer:

HorseFilms
10-28-2006, 07:29 PM
But not as much as a BIG brandy...:beer:

As always, you're correct. :) I'm just gonna down the bottle...:beer::beer::beer:

Blaine
10-28-2006, 07:31 PM
As always, you're correct. :) I'm just gonna down the bottle...:beer::beer::beer:
That'll cure what ails ya...:) http://goldismoney.info/forums/images/smilies/beer.gif

Owen
10-28-2006, 07:43 PM
Right, Owen. Like I said earlier...I've been waiting since April to get my hour back!!!!:thumbsup:

We must UNITE! I say from now on we fall forward and spring back. WHO'S WITH ME?!

Blaine
10-28-2006, 07:48 PM
We must UNITE! I say from now on we fall forward and spring back. WHO'S WITH ME?!Actually, I think I'd prefer fall back, spring back. That way we extend our lives by two hours a year!!!! :huh:

Boomerang
10-28-2006, 11:41 PM
Maybe weeez some juice

mikkowilson
10-29-2006, 01:49 AM
Okay -- I've thought about this... and technically only people who were originally born during Spring or Summer are getting an extra hour. Those of us born Fall/Winter are merely getting the hour RETURNED to us that we were born with anyhow. Fall/Winter people get an hour stolen during Spring/Summer... Spring/Summer get an hour for FREE during Fall/Winter.

This keeps me up nights... am I missing something? It's a scam for some of us. :( Extra hour. Bah!

... How about those who have their birthday ON the day of change? An extra hour of birthday. But is that lost or gained? :undecided Or maybe just borrowed from a lesser day in April. :)

Of course if your birthday hits the short day in april, you really get screwed. :huh:

- Mikko

Kirk Gillock
10-29-2006, 01:53 AM
With all these Daylight Savings shouldn't we have a HUGE daylight surplus by now?

Then again, if we're saving an hour and spending an hour, then we're just breaking even at the end of every year. So we're not really saving anything! But that's just like the government for ya. Spending plans that just don't work! I say we Spring Forward one hour and then Fall Back 30 minutes. We keep 50% in case of any daylight emergencies (eclipses, nuclear fallout, etc.)

Whose with me?

hoofandmouf
10-29-2006, 11:32 PM
:kali: :badputer: :zombie_smiley: :zombie_smiley: :Drogar-Smoke(DBG): :violent5: :Drogar-Mark-10(DBG) :furious3: :costumed-smiley-047

Blaine
10-29-2006, 11:39 PM
... How about those who have their birthday ON the day of change? An extra hour of birthday. But is that lost or gained? :undecided Or maybe just borrowed from a lesser day in April. :)

- Mikko
Like you, perhaps...:beer: :beer:

mikkowilson
10-29-2006, 11:44 PM
Yeah, like me. :laugh:

- Mikko ... once scheduled a party to run untill 3 - and got an extre hour. Mom wans't paticularly amused but had no choice to to concede.

David Jimerson
10-30-2006, 06:26 AM
I think Daylight Savings Time should be the actual Standard Time and that the switch should be abolished.