PDA

View Full Version : Hdr-sr1 Avc Hd 30gb

Zim
10-27-2006, 04:13 PM
I was just in Best Buy and was looking at this camera. Wow!! What a picture.

Not sure if you can even edit this yet. But what I liked was the USB. No firewire. Just do a file transfer. They told me the 30GB drive got about 4 hours of HD. Which is good but it also could be a problem if you were going to be traveling or doing something that you needed more hours without taking a computer.

Panasonic should make a DVX type camera with this and a tape drive.

Again the picture was really really good.

adoyle
11-25-2006, 04:36 PM
I'm pretty sure on hard drive camcorders, it is compressed at MPEG-2. This means that the quality is alot worse once it's captured to your computer. I could be wrong in this case, but I know that's what some companies do with HardDrive camcorders.

Barry_Green
11-25-2006, 05:39 PM
This particular one isn't MPEG-2, it's using AVC-HD, a new format based on H.264 which is two to 2.5 times as efficient as MPEG-2.

Panasonic's already announced their own AVC-HD consumer cameras, but no word yet on when we'll see something more professional or even prosumer.

As for editing, not much in the way of editing support yet but Sony Vegas promises AVC-HD support in the spring.

adoyle
11-25-2006, 06:07 PM
Ahh I see..my bad

tonydvcoste
12-31-2007, 06:34 AM
this is the camera i've been using for the last year. it's good, but when i render and export a .avi with vegas it squishes my picture. quite annoying, i'm trying to work the bugs out as we speak. thankfully (and about time) i'll be using a dvx100b in no time.