PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. TheatreGuy

Ted Arabian
10-20-2006, 07:49 PM
Well, Ladies and Gentlemen...

The TheatreGuy is no longer! Too many people thought that I was Movie-M----

Oh, wait! Never mind!

I use Theodore J Arabian in all my professional work and am making the change here at dvxuser.

I never had any idea that I would every want my real name associated with a "chat room" or any other website... but here at dvxuser, I feel at home and would like to represent myself as a professional and not as a "handle."

I am posting this here in Horrorfest because this is where most people know me as TheatreGuy and I just want you all to know what happened and why.

Sincerely,

Ted

Cynic821
10-20-2006, 07:55 PM
Welcome Ted.

'Handle'!

Ted Arabian
10-20-2006, 07:57 PM
Thanks Cynic! I appreciate the warm greetings!!!

BTW - Your Raider's may actually have a chance this weekend!!! I'd like to see you get one win in that column!!!

Cynic821
10-20-2006, 08:00 PM
Ya, i thought we had a chance against cleveland too! LOL My prediction

ARI 24 <--
OAK 10

Jay Rodriguez
10-20-2006, 08:26 PM
I might do the same with my name.... from coffee to captin crunch... hehehe

j/k

hey i check out your film, nice work man.

Christopher Barry
10-20-2006, 08:28 PM
In death, members of DVXuser have a name, his name was TheatreGuy.

(All chanting together now) His name was TheatreGuy, his name was TheatreGuy, his name was TheatreGuy, his name was TheatreGuy, his name was TheatreGuy, his name was TheatreGuy, his name was TheatreGuy, his name was TheatreGuy, his name was TheatreGuy, his name was TheatreGuy, his name was TheatreGuy, his name was TheatreGuy, his name was TheatreGuy, his name was TheatreGuy, his name was TheatreGuy, his name was TheatreGuy, his name was TheatreGuy, his name was TheatreGuy, his name was TheatreGuy, his name was TheatreGuy...

Having multiple personalities, you could say that TylerD is one of my real names, depending who you are talking to in there.

Welcome Theodore. :thumbsup: btw, was it not possible to have admin amend your user name, as opposed to starting a new one?

Cynic821
10-20-2006, 08:29 PM
I think its time MovieMaster used his real name as well , get ready to call him:

Satan

TimurCivan
10-20-2006, 09:43 PM
Lucifer. Satan is his handle in chat rooms.

Kyle Stebbins
10-20-2006, 10:37 PM
I would like to switch to my real name, as well. I am interested in having an admin do this as not to lose any of my previous statistics (such as post count, etc.)

Any possibility?

Mark Harris
10-20-2006, 10:46 PM
I've been trying to get my name changed for months...:(

Barry_Green
10-20-2006, 10:52 PM
We certainly prefer real names. Please send your requests directly to Jarred, as he's the only one who can effect those types of changes.

TimurCivan
10-20-2006, 10:53 PM
PM Hudson or jarred.

EDIT:

Jarred.... then.

Mark Harris
10-20-2006, 10:53 PM
I did :(:( Will send again. Though oddly enough my real name is also Theodore J Arabian...

TimurCivan
10-20-2006, 10:54 PM
Lmfao

Funny bastard.

I have been trying to trandslate the concept of "wit" to my turkish speakign Friends. ITs been a trip. they dont quite get the term Wit, or Irony.

No wonder noone thought i was funny in turkey.

( and i set myself up for somone to make a wise crack.....)

Alex DePew
10-20-2006, 11:00 PM
Lmfao

Funny bastard.

I have been trying to trandslate the concept of "wit" to my turkish speakign Friends. ITs been a trip. they dont quite get the term Wit, or Irony.

Don't you have to know how to be witty to explain it? Also, isn't someone who isn't witty trying to teach people what it is the definition of ironic?:thumbup:

Timur, I couldn't resist! You know you're my boy.

TimurCivan
10-20-2006, 11:01 PM
Bmfu

MOVIE MASTER
10-20-2006, 11:01 PM
r.i.p

TimurCivan
10-20-2006, 11:02 PM
welcome movie master. What say you?

MOVIE MASTER
10-20-2006, 11:10 PM
me no say me do

Mark Harris
10-20-2006, 11:13 PM
Lmfao

Funny bastard.

Well, if you're using me as an example of wit, no wonder they don't get it...

TimurCivan
10-20-2006, 11:14 PM
ta tum cha.....

Weston
10-20-2006, 11:29 PM
Damn Ted...for a second there this thread title made me think you might have actually died....from some kind of unfortunate ladder incident or something...

Good to hear its not so...

TimurCivan
10-20-2006, 11:44 PM
ted you will never live down that ladder.

Ted Arabian
10-21-2006, 02:39 AM
I might do the same with my name.... from coffee to captin crunch... hehehe

j/k

hey i check out your film, nice work man.
HA HA!!! I love Captain Crunch and Coffee... together!

I would like to switch to my real name, as well. I am interested in having an admin do this as not to lose any of my previous statistics (such as post count, etc.)

Any possibility?
Dude, I am flabberghasted!!!!!!! I wanted to do the same thing and NOT lose my PMs and join date stuff (I don't care about the post count...) and was hoping that I was on track to do so. Then last night, while I was on dvxuser I got dropped cold! The site wouldn't recognize me at all and asked me to create a new name!

I figured it was the admin's doing.

NOW I see that you have your name and all of your original info!!! What gives??? THAT's what I WANTED to do.

Oh, well.... I'm just glad to have lost that TheatreGuy dude! :grin:

I did :(:( Will send again. Though oddly enough my real name is also Theodore J Arabian...
LMAO!!!!!!!!

Good luck there Mark. Sheesh.... Kyle got it done in an hour (so it seems)!

Ted Arabian
10-21-2006, 02:39 AM
ted you will never live down that ladder.
That is my legacy! (there are worse things tha could happen!)

Capt Quirk
10-21-2006, 05:25 AM
When I was with SurfGuru.com, Capt Quirk was my public name as well as my screen name. I rather like having an evil twin to blame things on ;)

Michael_Petro
10-21-2006, 05:32 AM
I was thinking of changing mine from Michael_Petro to Michael Petro but I figured it might confuse to many poeople, so then I was thinking maybe my full name Michael J Petruzziello. I'm saying, is there a cooler name than Petruzziello , I submit there is not. but after much thought DVXUSER is a community so I didn't want to draw all the attention, so i'm going to leave well enough alone.
Petra(like rock) Zello (like jello) Petra-Zello. Be apart of the RockJello experiance! HEY that its it my new name is RockJello! Dammit Ted I thought you where dead but ooo no, my new name is Theooo....Doooor....... well I suppose thats better than dead :)

Ted Arabian
10-21-2006, 05:42 AM
HA HA HA! I am going to come back and haunt you!

Michael, I actually like your name. I'm not a fan of the underscore, but your names works. But how could you give up a name like Petruzziello? It sounds so cool! Man, if I logged on and saw Michael J Petruzziello, I'd be like... "Whoa! He must be a serious filmmaker."

Ted Arabian
10-21-2006, 08:11 AM
Welcome Theodore. :thumbsup: btw, was it not possible to have admin amend your user name, as opposed to starting a new one?
I was hoping to accomplish my name change by ammending it but while I was on as TheatreGuy, I was suddenly bumped off and could no longer log in! It said that the username was no longer valid! I figured that they just erased it and let me start fresh.

BUT then I saw that Kyle Stebbins got his change and KEPT his identity! So I don't know what happened now!

Oh, well...

Junior member again! LOL!

VersuS
10-21-2006, 08:25 AM
junior member with senior status ;)

Kyle Stebbins
10-21-2006, 11:10 AM
junior member with senior status ;)
True that! - Barry_S is the man! I pm'd him since he was online at 1am and he told me he could swing it. He sure did, and man am I glad!! Post count wasn't a huge deal, now that I think about it, but I'm glad that all of my other threads got attached to Kyle Stebbins now instead of Thekyleman71... so that's awesome!

Don't worry, Ted, I'll always be lookin up to you! =)
-KYLE