PDA

View Full Version : Get outside the comfort zone - ROM COM next!

Matthew Bennett
10-18-2006, 07:24 PM
Just a quick thought - Seeing as DVXuser is a wee bit of a sausage party, I say that logic dictates that the Romantic Comedy genre would be the farthest thing from the collective comfort zone.
Wouldn't that be the greatest challenge for most of the potential filmmakers??

It probably won't get picked as the genre, but I say logically it is the best choice.

Who's with me??

- Another thought, remember, a rom-com can happen in any period/situation, basically it could cross over into anything other genre, it just has to have romance and comedy in it somewhere.

Mark Johnson
10-18-2006, 07:36 PM
I say that Drama would be a much better choice and allow film makers to really work on a wide range of story-driven projects.

For what it's worth, that's my opinion. Now, excuse me, I have to get back to the sausage party. :)

Kholi
10-18-2006, 07:48 PM
A Romantic Comedy falls under Comedy. Narrowing it down is going to force everyone into a redundancy.

If Comedy comes up, then you can do your Rom-Com. =)

JoshuaNitschke
10-18-2006, 11:24 PM
That would filthisize my camera.

Alex DePew
10-18-2006, 11:43 PM
Rom-Com would get less entries than Herofest. But I bet there would be better stories than some of the drek Ive had to sit through.

Brandon Rice
10-18-2006, 11:48 PM
Rom-Com would get less entries than Herofest. But I bet there would be better stories than some of the drek Ive had to sit through.

hehe, ain't that the truth... I'd do romantic comedy, for sure.

Jack Daniel Stanley
10-19-2006, 01:28 AM
Wait ... Memories wasn't a Romantic Comedy?

DarkMatter
10-19-2006, 01:54 AM
I can see it now two entries, you'll have to fill the rest of the dvd with behind the scenes drama. BTW romantic comedy has been done to death. The same stories with different actors. Kinda redundant don't you think? No sense kicking a dead dog, or creating endless monotony. Back to the sausage party... any buns or ketchup?

TheatreGuy
10-19-2006, 05:47 AM
Awl, man.... I was going to have sausage for breakfast!! Now, I can't even think about it!

Drama.

Weston
10-19-2006, 10:12 AM
i guess my last remark was....remarkably...uncouth