PDA

View Full Version : Contest: Win A $100 Gift Certificate

luster
10-12-2006, 02:30 PM
UPDATE: Deadline has been extended until the horrorFest winners are announced.

I feel dirty doing this, but it seems like the in thing to do.

On Friday the 13th at 9pm (PST) I will hold a drawing for a $100 gift certificate. The winner will choose the store - Amazon, B&H, iTunes, whatever you want.

There are two different ways to get into the drawing.

1) The hard way: Find the hidden message in "The Morning After" and PM the answer to me. (Warning: it is very tough to spot)

OR

2) The easy way: Watch "The Morning After" and write a thoughtful, detailed review. If you think it sucks, tell me why... If you thought it was good, tell me why... If you don't get it, tell me what you would do to make it better... etc.

You can do either one of these things to get into the drawing. If you do both, you'll be entered into the drawing twice.

Good Luck.

Mark Johnson
10-12-2006, 02:35 PM
Wow! What a great promo. I'm all over this. Luckily, I have a thoughtful review partially done too! Now, for the frame by frame analysis! Hmmmm. 24 fps at 6 min. ... Sheee-it, just how many frames is that? :)

luster
10-12-2006, 03:52 PM
Now, for the frame by frame analysis! Hmmmm. 24 fps at 6 min. ... Sheee-it, just how many frames is that? :)
Luckily it didn't go the full 6 minutes. It's only 4 minutes long.

jpbankesmercer
10-12-2006, 04:10 PM
Good luck with this. If you want any food come over to the 'Broken Circle' thread.

Charli
10-12-2006, 06:00 PM
luster - have them post it on your thread, not here, to increase traffic over
there, unless you don't want to show the review public. I'm definitely going
to enter this contest and I'm going view the show over and over so that I
can give you a good review from the heart.

Mattykins
10-12-2006, 06:38 PM
Hey,

I am going to toss you a review tomorrow at 4:00 PM EST. I just got done with a massive one so taking a break, plus I have some other stuff to get done. But expect one tomorrow.

PS, do you want it sent directly to you? Or track down your official post in the individual films section?

-Matty

TheatreGuy
10-12-2006, 07:52 PM
Sounds like a good promotion here luster. I did try and find your hidden message the first 5 times I saw your film earlier this week.

My eyes are recovering from Killer Sound, but count on me to help out!!!

Besides, I really liked your film!

But you know that from my earlier review!!!

Ted

Mark Johnson
10-12-2006, 08:01 PM
Luster,

I have consulted with Charli and thus I am ONLY going to post my review for ONE HOUR between 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. Eastern Time on the REKINDLED thread after which time it will be removed.

Just kidding! I do love Charli's 'limited-time' stuff and hers were well worth making the effort to see. Her script and marketing strategy were amazing and I feel bad for any filmmakers who didn't get to see both.

I'll have your review for you tomorrow with no strings attached (except it will be so thorough and perspicuous that you will have to enter me into your contest).

TheatreGuy
10-12-2006, 08:37 PM
HAHAHA!!! LOL, Mark you're so witty!

luster
10-12-2006, 08:43 PM
Charli: thanks for the advice.

Everyone: Please post your review in the thread for "The Morning After"

luster
10-12-2006, 11:29 PM
C'mon everyone. Just a little bit of work and $100 could be yours.

Charli
10-13-2006, 09:26 AM
LOL - that was funny, Mark. I'm going to post right now, luster.

luster
10-14-2006, 08:32 PM
I'm working on determining who's in the running for the contest now. Any last minute entries better get moving.

The final cut off for entries will be when the horroFest winner is announced.

The drawing will be held shortly after.

luster
10-14-2006, 08:45 PM
A hint for the secret message has been posted to the thread for "The Morning After"