PDA

View Full Version : How did you go about finding your actors?

7CS
10-10-2006, 10:24 AM
I was talking to a buddy of mine last night and the subject came up. I never did any narrative stuff at all, so where does one go to find actors? I know some Horrorfest entries used professional actors, did you post an ad somewhere specific besides craigslist?

HorseFilms
10-10-2006, 10:28 AM
I live with one of them and I offered booze to the other.:beer:

Michael_Petro
10-10-2006, 10:45 AM
waitresses and bartenters to the rescue

I'd be interested in who might have paid there actors..... mine where dinner and beer and since the shoot took forever lots of chicken and beer :) not a bad thing when carli's sitting next to ya :)

khmuse
10-10-2006, 10:53 AM
We used a CD (casting director) for some roles, others were cast from people within the industry already known to the filmmakers.

I hadn't considered offering booze, not a bad idea. Perhaps leads get a nice single malt or a great bottle of wine, supporting a decent top shelf variety and background players get canned beer. Maybe this could be called "Alcohol Scale"?

Jaime V
10-10-2006, 11:07 AM
Well, the leading lady was sleeping with me. The rest I enticed with promises of a glorious feast at the Cheesecake Factory. And booze when we got there.

Ladyhazle
10-10-2006, 11:34 AM
Mutual friends on Myspace. They were eager so there wasn't much enticing... they did however enjoy the sub sandwhiches for lunch and the pizza, stew and brew for the wrap party. If you can't pay 'em, feed 'em!

Ralph Oshiro
10-11-2006, 02:23 AM
I'm lucky. I hit on every hot extra I meet on a set (I do a lot of set visits). But still the old staple never fails: friends, family, girlfriends, etc.

Matt Sconce
10-11-2006, 02:34 AM
I cast through a Talent agency up here in Fresno that wanted to get some exposure for their actors, It is Called Devore Talent. I got Headshots, and scheduled auditions for each role. We provided water for the auditioners.

VersuS
10-11-2006, 03:16 AM
We provided water for the auditioners.

How many auditioners were there?

VersuS
10-11-2006, 03:16 AM
I'm lucky. I hit on every hot extra I meet on a set
You are a piece of work Rez!!!! :beer::thumbup:

jpbankesmercer
10-11-2006, 03:57 AM
1 - Wife
2 - From - Talent agency
1- Worked with on my first project
1 - Lead singer from a band I did a video for
4 Calling birds...and a...

Matt Sconce
10-11-2006, 11:04 AM
How many auditioners were there?

We had about 15 for the friend's role of Jenny, and less than that for all the other roles. I cast Sarah, the lead, at a local pub. I knew she could act and she had the look I wanted so I had her come audition.

JoshuaNitschke
10-11-2006, 01:11 PM
Dad and the writer / partner.

Mark Harris
10-11-2006, 01:15 PM
I had several actresses hand-picked to audition from a local college. They were all recent grads - read: eager to work for free. But also, Nina picked them, and she is a theater director and knew how to pick people who could act.

Godfrey plays the step-father. He's been an actor in NYC for about 20 yrs and is one of my oldest friends. He also played Chocolate Jackson in Man-Hole IV (http://www.desperatecomfort.com). The mother is his girlfriend, also an actor in the city.

Future user
10-11-2006, 03:11 PM
Used real EMS and Fire folk. The lead had worked with the producer before. Supporting cast were people I know. Then someone had the dim idea of putting me in it. First and last time.

Darkline
10-11-2006, 03:26 PM
my actor was my film buddy Mark. Although he may not be an actor he put up with about 20 hours ina stinking damp basement and being dragged around and throwing himself into the floor countless times till was past bedtime....

what REAL actor would do that? :-)

thanks mark

Norm Sanders
10-11-2006, 03:28 PM
Met ours at the gym. Took a little convincing for her to wear the boyshorts & night wear we had her in.

Gauranga
10-11-2006, 03:46 PM
A girl that normally PA's for me. She didn't even know she would be acting until she got to the location. She initially refused then we talked her into it.

luster
10-11-2006, 04:36 PM
The lead in The Morning After is my girlfriend/creative partner.
I got the other girls from the local community college. I had planned on dropping in on an acting class and doing some recruiting, but I ended up running into group of girls leaving a play rehearsal, so I just got them to do it. I lucked out because they were experienced, and the class I was going to drop in on was just a beginning acting class.

Beat Takeshi
10-11-2006, 04:54 PM
I beat my kids into submission and make them work for free.

Tom Marshall
10-11-2006, 05:06 PM
I beat my kids into submission and make them work for free.

That's the smart thing to do...

12quidkidinnit
10-11-2006, 07:01 PM
A very good friend found them for me. As long as I don't have to try and act in anything myself, I don't care. :beer:

PaPa
12-21-2006, 01:11 PM
I'm a professional actor in montreal, if anybody needs me you can e-mail me, if your in montreal or the surrounding area.

jdubsky@hotmail.com

www.glenntalent.ca

shoot me up!