PDA

View Full Version : "Sneak" Prop Contest! Ends Wednesday before midnight! + Bonus Character Monologues!

mentatDUKE
10-10-2006, 06:56 AM
Hey guys. The "Sneak" thread isn't as lively as I'd hoped, so in order to rectify that, I decided to do two things. Hold a contest, and post bonus materials meant for the DVD.

First, the contest. The winners will recieve actual props from the major motion picture!

Post your answer in this thread then PM me.

Questions:

1) Who are the two cast/crew members who dropped out of the production of Sneak at the last minute?
Prize: Bent Fireplace Poker (Greg went to town with it...)

2) What is the "superstructure"?
Prize: Ambulance Legos

3) Which one of the crew members made a cameo in the movie?
Prize: Michael Jackson's "Thriller" record that was accidentally stained with "blood".

4) BONUS question. Most creative answer wins. Answer as many times as you like. Who and/or what was the intruder?
Prize: The Blinded's mobility cane

Bonus Character Monologues:
These were originally intended as bonus features, but hey it's Christmas. Let's share... *SPOILERS!* Don't watch these until after you've watched "SNEAK"! Click below for the quicktime:
http://mentatduke.com/sneakchars.htm

Coming soon...
Marking Foley: The Sound Effects of "Sneak"

Enjoy!

gwmesler
10-10-2006, 08:00 PM
Hey, this sounds like fun.

jeans
10-11-2006, 10:35 PM
Here's my take on the bonus question.

The intruder was actually an old RC car. The Golden Arrow to be exact, a car sold in Radio Shack during the early 90s, at least for us that is. This particular car was from a parallel dimension where everything is exactly the same except RC technology is around 15 year behind us. However he is also the blind mans brother. You see the two brothers were sitting watching TV together about a year ago. The one who is blind was sitting too close to the set and when it suddenly became a doorway between the two dimensions due to an old dubbed tape in the VCR playing a Radio Shack RC commercial at the exact same time as it was airing live in the parallel dimension. The one brother had his sight sucked through the vortex and given to a slice of carrot cake just before it was eaten. So it was a bad deal for both of them. The other brothers soul was switched with the Golden arrow featured in the commercial. As you might imagine, this wasn't much of a soul at first. It took many months for the Golden Arrow to advance beyond the state of a catatonia. But it was a really good car. So like the Metamorphosis, eventually it became the thing it inhabited.
The woman in the story was a friend of the two brothers who was visiting at the time of the transformation and who had just walked into the room when it happened. She did not transfer anything through the vortex, but retains a residual charge of the event which is the only thing the blind brother can see. This is shown to him as the Radio Shack commercial playing on repeat whenever he is close to her. She had fallen in love with the brother who is actually an RC car, only after he became so. The Blind brother was jealous, so he kidnapped the girl and moved away from his RC brother. This movie takes place when the RC brother has tracked down his blind brother in an attempt to steal her back. However since he does have the soul of a Golden Arrow, he still hasn't figured out how to put his phone on vibrate or turn it off. This inexperience is also why he is bested by his brother despite his brothers lack of sight.

I can't wait for the sequel!

Brandon Rice
10-11-2006, 10:49 PM
Bonus question answer: HE was the intruder...

mentatDUKE
10-12-2006, 08:40 AM
Haha. Wow Jeans..... I don't know what to say. That was extremely... vivid...

....Brandon wins. :)

jeans
10-12-2006, 09:00 AM
I guess I'll have to fill that space on my mantle I was saving for the mobility cane with something else. I'll just put my Golden Arrow buck up there.:beer:

mentatDUKE
10-12-2006, 09:32 AM
hehe. actually you're the front runner unless some twisted soul somehow one-ups your Shakespearean tale.

mentatDUKE
10-12-2006, 09:32 AM
The contest has been extended to Friday by the way...

TheatreGuy
10-12-2006, 09:53 AM
HA HA!!! This is great! I am sorry that more people aren't on your thread. I really enjoyed this movie!

EVERYONE CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It has a great ending!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing!

Ted

EDITED>>>>> hint is gone!

mentatDUKE
10-12-2006, 10:47 AM
Haha. You're giving them hints! Cut it out! :)

TheatreGuy
10-12-2006, 11:09 AM
Oh, sorry! I'll go edit my post!!!!

mentatDUKE
10-12-2006, 12:49 PM
Well TheatreGuy, looks like you may end up having yourself a fireplace poker...

Charli
10-12-2006, 12:54 PM
Not so fast, mister! I just learned about this clever little marketing ploy (kudos)
and I'm going to rewatch the show and give you my take.

Charli
10-12-2006, 01:11 PM
The blind was the intruder. He was the long lost lover of the man who you
saw killed. They meet once, every four years and build that lego set together.
The problem is, because the one lost his sight, the other went out and found
a s&m girl, let's call her Bambi and she's into ropes.

If you will notice the scene in the kitchen, that's not a struggle, that's a, "Brokeback
Mountain" love tussle. The one with sight, he engaged in a love hump when
he held the blind man down. Go back and see for yourself, that's a love hump.

Alas, this is a sad, lover's tale. The blind man broke into his lover's apartment.
His lover didn't want to see him anymore. The blindman killed him. The blindman
took off with his lover's new s&m girl.

I'm sure this short film was set in Vegas.

mentatDUKE
10-12-2006, 01:16 PM
Looks like we have a new contender for the crown. Will we let her walk away with the prize?

Charli, it's an honor to have you in the thread. Your compliment to my marketing campaign made my face hot.

TheatreGuy
10-12-2006, 01:23 PM
Well TheatreGuy, looks like you may end up having yourself a fireplace poker...
I appreciate it... but I have enough crap in my house!!!

I'll gladly help out anyone that wants it though!!! :)

No offence... really.... I have too much stuff in my house!

Though, my wife is delighted that I cleaned several areas to make my film look better!!! :grin:

mentatDUKE
10-12-2006, 01:29 PM
Ya I understand. You should see our apartment!

Charli
10-12-2006, 04:50 PM
menta - I'm glad I made your face hot! It's a pleasure and I love this idea.
This was a cool idea out of the box.

Charli