PDA

View Full Version : Poll on Stricken

Matt Sconce
10-08-2006, 05:23 PM
Hey everyone, I just wanted to do a quick poll to see how many people are actually downloading and watching Stricken. I also hoped it might bring awareness to the movie since it is not in the competition. I am excited about it, and want people to have a chance to see it and let me know what they thought.

Download: www.noariceprod.com/stricken SOUND FIXED 1.mov (http://www.noariceprod.com/stricken%20SOUND%20FIXED%201.mov)

Robert Eldon
10-08-2006, 05:28 PM
Msconce,

I've seen the New Audio version and commented on it.

What are your plans for "Stricken" in the future?

Matt Sconce
10-08-2006, 05:31 PM
I am going to use without a box online to submit it to a lot of local film festivals (L.A. Santa Cruz, San Fran...etc. ) I am trying to win some awards and (possibly meet someone with money who wants to finance a feature of the concept, shot on High Def. I will be pitching it with the Feature idea using the Short as a reference as well. Thanks!!!

Charli
10-08-2006, 05:36 PM
Matt, I'll submit it for you here in Santa Cruz. Just send me a copy.

Matt Sconce
10-08-2006, 05:37 PM
Coolio!! Will do Charli, just pm me your address. :-)

jpbankesmercer
10-08-2006, 05:39 PM
And loved it, will leave full comment promise :)

Matt Sconce
10-08-2006, 06:37 PM
And loved it, will leave full comment promise :)

Awesome! looking forward to it!

Matt Sconce
10-09-2006, 12:36 AM
Well, it is at least nice to see some people are watching Stricken, but I wonder what that percentage is compared to the people who aren't. Oh well. You can only do what you can do right? Thanks to all who have watched and given me feedback to help me grow as a filmmaker. I am finally filling out my ballot, as I have commented on everyone's film finally.

Matt Sconce
10-09-2006, 01:12 PM
Weird.... 116 views of this thread at the time I checked this and only 19 votes?? Oh, well. I have submitted Stricken to two Film Festivals already and have a couple with Deadlines coming up in 2007. We will see what happens with it.

Brandon Rice
10-09-2006, 01:19 PM
go for the jugular man! Send it to studios! go for it,

Matt Sconce
10-09-2006, 01:41 PM
go for the jugular man! Send it to studios! go for it,

Oooh that sounds cool. Brandon, if you have any info on how to do this, send me a PM. I do not know where to start. :)

Jaime V
10-09-2006, 01:42 PM
mscone, I have downloaded them all, but just have not gotten down to the S's yet. I will watch it for sure, and comment in your thread. I'm very interested in seeing it.

Matt Sconce
10-10-2006, 01:56 AM
I think it is hilarious that someone voted Stricken...What's that? I have advertised all over the place. Just goes to show, that no matter how much you promote, you can't reach everyone!!:) Good stuff to learn!:thumbup:

SomewhereinLA
10-10-2006, 07:21 PM
Very nice overall. The ending works very well. The pace could be better at time, and some of the gels you used for the lighting are a bit obvious. I do like the photography. It certainly look professional. The second part seem to works better for me. Also the fight scene could have been a bit more "reel". (I am really being picky here...)

Good job.

Matt Sconce
10-10-2006, 10:45 PM
Very nice overall. The ending works very well. The pace could be better at time, and some of the gels you used for the lighting are a bit obvious. I do like the photography. It certainly look professional. The second part seem to works better for me. Also the fight scene could have been a bit more "reel". (I am really being picky here...)

Good job.

Totally agree with everything you said! Thanks for the comment!

Matt Sconce
10-12-2006, 02:48 AM
Just curious to see if anyone else has watched this now that some time has passed. I am working on the feature script now.

jeremytuttle
10-12-2006, 10:44 AM
I just watched it and thought it was pretty good. I admit I feal like this has been done before (of course what hasn't) but it still kept me interested.

I thought the sets were a little bare and plain, especially the doctors office. If you meant it to be barren and plain, I don't think it works with who the doctor is (I think him a wise and warm character... not plain and sterile). I loved Sarah's bed frame... it worked very nice.

There is some good framing here. I really liked the slightly desaturated look and I think some of the gels helped the mood, but there is one part where the co-worker/friend brings home Sarah and they walk into a room that looks like it is full of red light but the next shot is not red (did I miss something). I love the shot of them inside the classic car with the rain, very nice. The shot with Sarah and her hooded reflection is also great.

I know it may have needed an extra scene at a pharmacy, but I don't think too many doctors give out drugs on the spot. I could assume because he is her friend and he is probably a small time doctor that maybe he has some on supply.

I also agree with the fighting needing to be "realer". A little more of a hand held look here could have helped and maybe some quicker cuts. I feel like the girl should have come out of the bathroom and a second later the father comes plowing out slamming into the wall and quickly giving chase. I'm sure when you get this made as a feature you'll have more time and resources to make that a great segment.

I thought the acting was pretty good. I was impressed by the little girl that played the young Sarah and I thought Sarah's friend also played a very natural caring friend. As far as the lead, I think she did good but I think in the feature it would help to have some scenes that developed her character some more and showed a nice side of her to help the audience care more for her and make it that more powerful when sweet Sarah becomes killer Sarah.

Of course this is all just opinion (a long one at that) and really I'm no one to say anything sense your stuff looks a lot better then anything I've ever done. Good luck in getting it made into a feature.

Matt Sconce
10-12-2006, 10:59 AM
I just watched it and thought it was pretty good. I admit I feal like this has been done before (of course what hasn't) but it still kept me interested.

I thought the sets were a little bare and plain, especially the doctors office. If you meant it to be barren and plain, I don't think it works with who the doctor is (I think him a wise and warm character... not plain and sterile). I loved Sarah's bed frame... it worked very nice.

There is some good framing here. I really liked the slightly desaturated look and I think some of the gels helped the mood, but there is one part where the co-worker/friend brings home Sarah and they walk into a room that looks like it is full of red light but the next shot is not red (did I miss something). I love the shot of them inside the classic car with the rain, very nice. The shot with Sarah and her hooded reflection is also great.

I know it may have needed an extra scene at a pharmacy, but I don't think too many doctors give out drugs on the spot. I could assume because he is her friend and he is probably a small time doctor that maybe he has some on supply.

I also agree with the fighting needing to be "realer". A little more of a hand held look here could have helped and maybe some quicker cuts. I feel like the girl should have come out of the bathroom and a second later the father comes plowing out slamming into the wall and quickly giving chase. I'm sure when you get this made as a feature you'll have more time and resources to make that a great segment.

I thought the acting was pretty good. I was impressed by the little girl that played the young Sarah and I thought Sarah's friend also played a very natural caring friend. As far as the lead, I think she did good but I think in the feature it would help to have some scenes that developed her character some more and showed a nice side of her to help the audience care more for her and make it that more powerful when sweet Sarah becomes killer Sarah.

Of course this is all just opinion (a long one at that) and really I'm no one to say anything sense your stuff looks a lot better then anything I've ever done. Good luck in getting it made into a feature.

Wow, thank you for your great feedback. I am finding out that when I watch the movie now, it is hard for me to not see all the things I wish I could change, but I guess it is alwasy like that for film makers? There is a reason I did not have the father come out of the bathroom into the hall, and it is pretty funny. The "Bedroom" The girls go into is really the Bathroom we shot the Bathroom scene in. The Bedroom was in a completely different location. If I had the door at the end of the hall open at all, you would then see it was not the bathroom but my grandma's bedroom, with two 1000k lights in it. :)

I just figured the bedroom not being red would be okay because the audience can tell some time has passed, and lights have been turned on. (Sarah is now in a nightgown, so Jenny has gotten her ready for bed)

I agree that the lead needs more development. In the feature she is a person struggling to overcome the inner demons of her past. One side of her is waging war against the other and you care about the innocent side of her as much as you hate the evil side. Should be fun!

I think handheld shots would have helped the fight scene too!

Thanks again!

Matt Sconce
10-12-2006, 03:16 PM
Well my camera is up for sale again in the market place, as the buyer did not pay. It is cheaper, as I need to sell it quickly, so if you want it let me know.