PDA

View Full Version : Justin! Me thinks you've exceeded your monthly bandwidth!

Texture
10-07-2006, 01:28 PM
Your download page says, "Account Suspended"

E.

Edgen
10-07-2006, 01:42 PM
you are right.

150 GB in one day. I think they got a little pissed off. :) heheheh

not only did it shut down the horrorfest, but it shut down my entire music hosting, video... client downloads... everything. I'm basically completely out of commission at the moment. YaY Team DVXuser!

/j

Matt Sconce
10-07-2006, 02:03 PM
That sucks! Thanks for offering the sever, and I hope it gets back up soon!

Edgen
10-07-2006, 02:41 PM
you are welcome! IN a way, i'm glad its down. Now I can finally step away from DVXuser for a few days and take a breather. I just finished up watching all the films. WhAT a DRAIN! But, a fantastic one at that.

I've learned so much not only by the films, but the comments and crits everyone has given with these movies. I've been inspired to say the least and I hope that i can continue to help everyone here on upcoming projects in one way or another.

Thank you everyone. And Jarred for the contest. :)

/j

Kyle Stebbins
10-07-2006, 03:58 PM
yikes -- exactly, man, breathe free. -- btw, i love the music on your site. what talent!!

Edgen
10-07-2006, 04:39 PM
thank ya Kyle!

Ya, I just got word from my host that he had to switch me to another server. So, it'll be back up after everything is transferred. I'm not sure if he'll allow me to continue to host all the DVX entries, but I'll keep everyone posted.

/j

Beat Takeshi
10-07-2006, 07:51 PM
Maybe set up a Paypal and hopefully people can donate something to help pay.

Edgen
10-07-2006, 08:19 PM
Nah Aram,... no worries. It'll be back up sooner or later. :)

/j

Larry Rutledge
10-07-2006, 09:01 PM
I pulled the mirror links from my mirror that were pointing to your server. They can still download from mine (until I exceed my bandwidth), but at least they won't get errors trying to link to yours.

Peace,
Larry

Edgen
10-07-2006, 09:06 PM
cool! Thanks Larry! This isn't the first time i've managed to crash my servers from overloads. :)

/j

Larry Rutledge
10-07-2006, 09:20 PM
Believe me I understand. I've crashed my share of servers before.

I'm working on a proposal for Jarred on a system that I think will help spread the load a little more evenly.

Hopefully it will help balance the server loads better and make the whole process a little easier on everyone.

Peace,
Larry