PDA

View Full Version : Stricken with good sound

Matt Sconce
10-06-2006, 01:50 AM
This is the thread where you can actually find the link to the sound improved copy of Stricken.

www.noariceprod.com/stricken SOUND FIXED 1.mov (http://www.noariceprod.com/stricken SOUND FIXED 1.mov)

http://www.edgenmusic.com/dvxuserhorrorfest/stricken%20SOUND%20FIXED%201.mov

Enjoy, and if a better version comes out, it will be linked here. Now, back to watching and then to commenting! I hope to comment on all of these awesome films!
http://www.dvxuser6.com/uploaded/10327/1159518307.jpg

leogardini
10-06-2006, 03:07 AM
Downloading now Matt!!!

I just would like to report everyone that not 100% of the score you listen to is made by me...to be more specific, in the part of the snake bar thereīs a music in there that in my own conception I wouldnīt put...actually this music with synthetizer was added by Matt and donīt make part of the original score...it was a surprise to hear these sounds there:)...Iīl be puting the score track available soon here!!!

Matt Sconce
10-06-2006, 03:13 AM
Leo, sorry about that, I added them as ambient mood noises, I didn't mean to step on any score. That scene just felt flat to me so I added the low hum and the turn noise. I was not happy with my sound effects there when I watched the whole thing. :) I LOVE the score by the way!

leogardini
10-06-2006, 03:21 AM
Matt, I sent an email to you...check there:)!!!

Larry Rutledge
10-06-2006, 08:29 AM
I uploaded this revised version of the film to my mirror. I replaced the original file with this one (giving it the original filename).

You can download it from http://www.nrestudios.com/horror_mirror/ via the listing or directly from:

http://www.nrestudios.com/horror_mirror/Stricken-mattsconce-msconce.mov

Peace,
Larry

Beat Takeshi
10-06-2006, 08:48 AM
oh yeah, my first flick to watch today!

Matt Sconce
10-06-2006, 12:51 PM
ok i got to finish this one with the new sound. Even though its an exhibition joint I want to vote on it. Its the only one that gave me chills and goosebumps. Very good job Matt and crew.

Awesome Aram!!! I hope others get this same chilling feeling!

musicman
10-07-2006, 06:16 AM
It's encouraging to hear you are still working on the soundtrack because I am doing the same on The Seeing. Our original mix sounded great on a theater speaker quality system but the low frequency underpinning was completely lost on computer speakers and most built in TV speakers. The release upload has a heavily compressed version of the mix with the bass shelved below 80 Hz. That puts all the sound within the reproduction range of most crappy speakers. We are doing a 7.1 home theater mix as well as a complete remix, with less compression, for medium quality speakers. I did all the sound stuff. Rather than compose a melodic element I went with a soundscape of layered and blended tonal musical notes, sound effects with a tonal center and atonal sound effects. The foley is both original production and post recorded and some library. It was my hope that the audio track would not be noticed but rather support the excellent work Rich, Matt and Jason did. Do you think the soundtrack succeeded at those objectives?

I haven't been able to get to watching the entries until just now. I'll send you my thoughts on Stricken once I've seen it.:dankk2:

Matt Sconce
10-07-2006, 01:22 PM
It's encouraging to hear you are still working on the soundtrack because I am doing the same on The Seeing. Our original mix sounded great on a theater speaker quality system but the low frequency underpinning was completely lost on computer speakers and most built in TV speakers. The release upload has a heavily compressed version of the mix with the bass shelved below 80 Hz. That puts all the sound within the reproduction range of most crappy speakers. We are doing a 7.1 home theater mix as well as a complete remix, with less compression, for medium quality speakers. I did all the sound stuff. Rather than compose a melodic element I went with a soundscape of layered and blended tonal musical notes, sound effects with a tonal center and atonal sound effects. The foley is both original production and post recorded and some library. It was my hope that the audio track would not be noticed but rather support the excellent work Rich, Matt and Jason did. Do you think the soundtrack succeeded at those objectives?

I haven't been able to get to watching the entries until just now. I'll send you my thoughts on Stricken once I've seen it.:dankk2:

I liked the subtle music of The Seeing. It did work well. I dont know if a more apparent soundtrack would have helped the feel of the movie or not, but I do know that what you have works very well. I ABSOLUTELY enjoyed watching The Seeing. Let me know your feedback on Stricken as well, as I am interested in what you thought.:)

jpbankesmercer
10-07-2006, 05:10 PM
Downloading now, I had got your other broken one.

Matt Sconce
10-07-2006, 05:27 PM
Dude, check my thread if you want the highres one. Enjoy!

jpbankesmercer
10-07-2006, 05:57 PM
Just watched it OMG.
Dude your going to be massive, every shot was a masterclass in filmmaking.
Thank god you didn't cut it down :)