PDA

View Full Version : I would like to say...

Beat Takeshi
10-05-2006, 01:56 PM
I have watched a few films already and have to say the quality of work really went up this time. It makes me wish I had the time to make something not so last minute. I think this site probably has spawned more great and getting great film makers than any other. You can really see how much people have matured in their film making.
Thanks Jarred for letting us be a part of this.

greeches
10-05-2006, 02:37 PM
I second this. Its great to have such a diverse community of talented film makers. A great learning tool as well as great exposure to enourmous amounts of talent.

Bravo Jarred!

Brandon Rice
10-05-2006, 02:43 PM
Indeed, some great work out this time. :) Thanks for putting this together Jarred!

Scrappy
10-05-2006, 05:04 PM
I've started watching and am inspired. I will say from what I've seen I think it will be quite easy to pick the top 5 or 10. there is quite a difference in the skill and experience levels of what I've seen so far. a few of them seem to be in their own league. I was trying to enter but ran out of time and I'm glad I didn't, I would have got creamed by some of these films. congratulations to all and thanks jarred for offering this opportunity.

zenbarai
10-06-2006, 01:06 AM
DVXUser and Jarred in particular really spurred us to get off our butts and get back to doing what we love. We pulled a lot of all-nighters to get MEAT done, but it was worth it. Thanks to everyone here for all the encouragement!

Cheers,
Ben

Jaime V
10-06-2006, 06:35 AM
well after reading this thread, it would be rude of me not to join in and say a huge thanks to Jarred and all the contributors on this wonderful forum.

Darkline
10-06-2006, 07:06 AM
Same here. I'm realtively new to this site, but it is an inspiration. It gets me excited about film-making. This competition so far is a lot of fun.... I just wish there were more british guys on here; you lot in the US seem to be able to help each other out on shoots/fx etc... which is really nice.

So yes, thanks for a great site!

JaydeeG83
10-06-2006, 10:31 AM
DVXUser and Jarred in particular really spurred us to get off our butts and get back to doing what we love. We pulled a lot of all-nighters to get MEAT done, but it was worth it. Thanks to everyone here for all the encouragement!

Cheers,
Ben

I am now refusing to watch MEAT because you're spamming this place up, not cool.

Cynic821
10-06-2006, 10:36 AM
Zenbaria. Your banner is too big, "Signatures -- All banners should be 569x70 pixels and please—no animation in your sig. Weird-sized, gigantic, and animated banners make our eyes hurt—and the forum hard to read."

Rock Punk!
10-06-2006, 11:10 AM
I have watched a few films already and have to say the quality of work really went up this time. It makes me wish I had the time to make something not so last minute. I think this site probably has spawned more great and getting great film makers than any other. You can really see how much people have matured in their film making.
Thanks Jarred for letting us be a part of this.

I haven't watched any of the films yet - planning on doing that this evening and weekend. But I did watch a short one and from the opening shot I said "Oh wow!" and "Aw crap!" at the same time. "Oh wow!" because it was a beautiful dolly shot. "Aw crap!" because my entry would pale in comparison to what I was seeing.

But, I had fun making the film and it was my first scripted film. So, I think that I've succeeded in that respect. Now, all I have to do is sit back this weekend and watch, learn, and get inspired.

mameragex
10-06-2006, 11:23 AM
I did watch a short one and from the opening shot I said "Oh wow!" and "Aw crap!" at the same time. "Oh wow!" because it was a beautiful dolly shot. "Aw crap!" because my entry would pale in comparison to what I was seeing.

Which one was it? Just curious.:)

Rock Punk!
10-06-2006, 12:09 PM
I haven't watched any of the films yet - planning on doing that this evening and weekend. But I did watch a short one and from the opening shot I said "Oh wow!" and "Aw crap!" at the same time. "Oh wow!" because it was a beautiful dolly shot. "Aw crap!" because my entry would pale in comparison to what I was seeing.

But, I had fun making the film and it was my first scripted film. So, I think that I've succeeded in that respect. Now, all I have to do is sit back this weekend and watch, learn, and get inspired.

Which one was it? Just curious.:)

R.E.M. Which was filmed on an HVX - no wonder it looked beautiful. Uh, and maybe like the team that pulled it together was very talented?

Brandon Rice
10-06-2006, 12:49 PM
R.E.M. Which was filmed on an HVX - no wonder it looked beautiful. Uh, and maybe like the team that pulled it together was very talented?

cool, thought it was ITD you were talkin' about... RATS! :)

Rock Punk!
10-06-2006, 12:59 PM
cool, thought it was ITD you were talkin' about... RATS! :)

What? Did everybody but me open with a beautiful dolly shot? :huh:

Seriously, I haven't watched anybody else's yet. Can't wait though.

Tonight Tonight Hot Damn Tonight

arielman
10-06-2006, 05:03 PM
Same here I haven't much of chance yet myself to watch them only 2 so far . I will be putting some to disc to watch later . Just getting off 3 ..12 Hr shifts plus and it is also Canadain Thanksgiving this weekend ..HHmm turkey & Stuffing .

My brother has viewed some and has said there is some amazing shorts here .
Looking forward to seeing them all.
Ian