PDA

View Full Version : Problems with zip file

seejay1031
10-05-2006, 11:01 AM
Has anybody been able to watch any film from the first zip file?
All if mine are corrupted in a couple different ways and I know there are a few more people havig the same problem.

Jaime V
10-05-2006, 11:13 AM
yeah I posted in the other thread, but I'll post here as well. Checked a few movies from the first 3 zip files, and none play properly. Varying errors from just static, to a blank white screen and silence, to "Error -2002: a bad public movie atom was found in the movie."

In the process of dl'ing the fourth zip file now, and I'll test those too.

Larry Rutledge
10-05-2006, 11:22 AM
Could it be that the QMesh tool wasn't done downloading the zip file before you opened it? Perhaps it created the file, but was still downloading content (it doesn't work here, so I don't know what kind of feedback you receive).

Just a thought.

Jaime V
10-05-2006, 11:30 AM
Could it be that the QMesh tool wasn't done downloading the zip file before you opened it? Perhaps it created the file, but was still downloading content (it doesn't work here, so I don't know what kind of feedback you receive).

Just a thought.

No, I see the status of the download...I can tell when it's done. The 4th zip is almost done, and I'll test some of those, but I have a feeling I'll encounter the same problem.

Larry Rutledge
10-05-2006, 11:36 AM
You might bring up the issue here: http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=73746

That thread was started by the creator of the QMesh tool. He may be able to help.

iTiva-Justin
10-05-2006, 11:36 AM
Is the .zip itself corrupt or is it the content within it?

Jaime V
10-05-2006, 11:37 AM
I tested my own movie from the 4th zip and same thing. I've searched on google, and see many people reporting this problem, but no explanations/solutions except for one post which indicated the reason was no QuickTime Pro.

I find that a little odd, since I can watch other h264 compressed files from the Apple Trailer site for instance with no problem. But again, I can test that from home in a couple of hours.

On a slightly related note...while I was testing playback, I watched the trailer for '300' a new Frank Miller film. http://www.apple.com/trailers/

Has a very sweet look to it...plus I love the original story.

Back on topic :-)....has anyone been able to view any movies from the Zip files?

Michael_Petro
10-05-2006, 11:45 AM
the first zip i d/l didnt work i get error -2002 bad public movie atom.... whatever that is dl from the mirrors

Michael_Petro
10-05-2006, 11:46 AM
just had a thought and moved the files to my mac and presto....same problem..wierd huh?

seejay1031
10-05-2006, 11:49 AM
Is the .zip itself corrupt or is it the content within it?

The content within. The files once extracted appear to be fine, properly labled, show as quicktime files.

The first two files get "error -2002: a bad public movie atom was found in the movie"

Black Angel loads but is blank
Some are just audio noise
another file gets "Error -2048: the file is not a movie file

I have tried loading these in Quicktime 7.1 and VLC Media Player

iTiva-Justin
10-05-2006, 12:07 PM
The original files I have seem to exhibit similar problems: static for audio, no video, etc.

They are certainly corrupt. I'm pulling them down again using a different FTP tool. The newly downloaded files are not corrupt, and play fine.

Stop your qmesh downloads! I'll have new files up a bit later today that will work.

I'll also make an adjustment to have them download a little faster for you all.

Jaime V
10-05-2006, 12:20 PM
The original files I have seem to exhibit similar problems: static for audio, no video, etc.

They are certainly corrupt. I'm pulling them down again using a different FTP tool. The newly downloaded files are not corrupt, and play fine.

Stop your qmesh downloads! I'll have new files up a bit later today that will work.

Thank you very much for your efforts iTiva-Justin.

JohnDempsey
11-10-2011, 09:41 AM

For repair zip archives exist a repair zip files (http://www.recoverytoolbox.com/repair_zip.html). The tool is able to help with corrupted .zip files after OS failures, partially downloaded an archive, viruses. The application allowing to forget about any special knowledges for working, it has easy to use Recovery Wizard, which in the end of process shows the restored .zip information.