PDA

View Full Version : HDV to Film Out

meta4
10-05-2006, 10:12 AM
I'm really just copying this from another thread in the sony section. But I thought it should be seen by all HDV users.

Beautiful footage, nice acting, good music, well done lighting & post correction go a long way beyond the specs we get tied up with...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6IBSZU0A

This project demo was shot with the Z1u in 50i and brought in through Cineform into Premiere 2.0. After editing, it was shifted to AE7 where it was deinterlaced with Fieldskit and CC'd with sky replacement.

Also in AE7. using Fieldskit the 50i was converted to 50p and slowed down by 50% for crystal clear slow motion. The shutter used to shoot slow motion was at 100.

In AE7 a quicktime 24p @1440x1080 was outputted with the Audio time compressed to fit 25p.24p. Then HeavyLight in NYC transfered the footage to 35mm film with Dolby sound. It was screened at a full size theater and...

THE QUALITY HELD STRONG. THE ONLY PROBLEM WAS THE HIGHLIGHT ISSUE. IT SEEMED TOO BRIGHT COMPARED TO FILM. BUT TO AN AUDIENCE THIS COULD HAVE BEEN SHOT ON FILM.

So I get bewildered when people mistreat Sony, Canon for not having true 24p or DVCPro or what not. With HDV and the so called GOP compression problem, my project turned out just fine.

PS. This was a test for a feature film in Bangladesh. The company is in the process of bying 2 XLh1 and 2 HVX200. I'm trying to get them on the RED WAGON, but they want something now.
Kudos to iffy

to download, fill in box in upper right with three letters on page, wait 45 seconds, download...enjoy.