PDA

View Full Version : Go easy on me

Kevin Lee
10-05-2006, 07:31 AM
My editor exported my 24p to a 30p timeline, then gave me the disc to finetune it and add the last couple of shots. Well it didnt matter what I did, it came out jittery. I tried every timeline and encoding I could find. But no dice. Then I used the h264 a number of times from Premier, and everytime it squeezed the picture back to 4:3 :(

However I think you'll enjoy everything else. Just look past all the annoyances, including my annoying actors lol JK

We are going to re-edit the raw footage on my computer, not my editor's for our own DVD. Cuz no matter what he does now it still comes out jittery. GRRRR, and I worked so hard at filming it smooth. Heck its only 2 hours of footage, and 8 hours of matching sound effects and making music. GRRRR

VersuS
10-05-2006, 07:35 AM
man DONT WORRY!!! I am sure that all the critic received in here will be well meant!!! I 've asked some really stupid questions from time to time and was well received and treated with the utmost respect. I sometimes feel TOO SMALL for this fest but it is the faith I have in these dvxusers that made me want to participate. There are some online festivals in Greece that I avoid like the devil (not you MM) because the users there are such idiots and feel that they are on the top of the world and they sell 'art' and have no sense of film making!

TheatreGuy
10-05-2006, 07:37 AM
Hey kdawg, what is the title of you film? I thought that you had entered but when I assembled the crib sheet, I didn't enter your name. I do have several films w/o a filmmaker listed. I would like to update this!

Tom Marshall
10-05-2006, 07:52 AM
My editor exported my 24p to a 30p timeline, then gave me the disc to finetune it and add the last couple of shots. Well it didnt matter what I did, it came out jittery. I tried every timeline and encoding I could find. But no dice. Then I used the h264 a number of times from Premier, and everytime it squeezed the picture back to 4:3 :(

However I think you'll enjoy everything else. Just look past all the annoyances, including my annoying actors lol JK

We are going to re-edit the raw footage on my computer, not my editor's for our own DVD. Cuz no matter what he does now it still comes out jittery. GRRRR, and I worked so hard at filming it smooth. Heck its only 2 hours of footage, and 8 hours of matching sound effects and making music. GRRRR

Aww, man... sorry to hear that... but it don't matter. What matters is you made a film and made it by a deadline. :beer:

Kevin Lee
10-05-2006, 05:56 PM
Its Crawl Space. I thought I was on the list.

Lake Films
10-05-2006, 05:58 PM
Man, crawl space made me feel like the roof was closing in on me, good work!

thematthewbone
10-05-2006, 07:49 PM
crawl space was incredible.

great stuff!

Matt Sconce
10-05-2006, 07:53 PM
Crawl space....Okay let me just say...

****************Spoiler*******************

The money being sucked back into the back and knowing someone else was down there scared the crap out of me. Good concept and an awesome movie. Congrats!

Kevin Lee
10-05-2006, 08:06 PM
thanks so much guys

TheatreGuy
10-06-2006, 08:12 AM
Hey Kdawg! Saw your flick... GREAT JOB! Is there a thread to leave feedback? I'd like to comment.

I really dug some of the work. Especially that dolly shot under the house. Incredible.

And as for the terror factor... Man, I couldn't get out from under there quick enough!

I'll check back to see if this is where we leave detailed feedback... but move it to the discussion threads, man! I am sure that people are looking for you!!!

Congrats!

Ted

Kevin Lee
10-07-2006, 07:51 AM
thanks Ted, is there a place for discussion threads?

BTW that was kdawg behind that ugly mask :)