PDA

View Full Version : Why is this happening?

VersuS
10-02-2006, 01:56 AM
I haven't been around for the previous fests, so I'm just wondering...
why is this happening with the uploads and the encodings? I have just finished with my 2 entries and I can relax but I can't stop and feel bad for all the people who are still trying their best to do a proper encoding...

I've seen people put up more hours of work for this than I have...show some amazing stuff in their threads, and listening to them having so much trouble at the last minute to encode just breaks my heart.

I know that since we have a deadline we should all have done a proper job and have our files ready at least 2 days before the deadline just to be on the safe side, but still, is there no way we can work around these problems for the next fest? I suggest people who feel very comfortable with encodings for various software and formats (as well as PC/MAC) write something down to put it up on the forum for everyone to see. Just a suggestion...

I want to wish EVERYONE GOOD LUCK with finishing and I am looking forward to everybody's entry. I'm with each and every one of you guys...I wish you all the best!!!!!!!

Edgen
10-02-2006, 01:58 AM
Murphy's law man... Murphy's law.

/j

Marius
10-02-2006, 02:04 AM
Yes, all the best to all who are having trouble encoding. Hope it all works out...

...we should all have [] our files ready at least 2 days before the deadline just to be on the safe side...

(We shot 70% of our film starting yesterday afternoon (Oct 1st), and then edited it overnight, and uploading now.)

jeans
10-02-2006, 06:19 AM
My troubles were with Compressor. I've never really used it before. It seemed to me like a lot of people were having trouble for the same reason. They were trying something new. I liked the interface of Compressor a lot, very friendly, but it takes a long time and isn't very accurate with predicting output size. Maybe I didn't have some setting right, but I never got an export totaly to my satisfaction. It's good enough, but I would have tried some more if we had more time.

TheatreGuy
10-02-2006, 06:27 AM
Yeah, I had no idea that compressing video was so tricky!

Next time, I will not wait until the last day to do this!!!