PDA

View Full Version : Question... New Film Disscussion Threads??

Edgen
09-30-2006, 12:25 AM
I would hope and assume we get to make New Threads for our films once they've been upload and are ready to be viewed?

just wanted to make sure we are not going to recycle our old threads.

yup. yup.

/j

Brandon Rice
09-30-2006, 12:41 AM
agreed... was wondering the same thing.

MOVIE MASTER
09-30-2006, 10:30 AM
It Will Happen

Jaime V
09-30-2006, 11:47 AM
i was wondering the same thing; where do people go to offer comments and criticism once the film is up...i assumed it would be your original thread, but apparently not?

Matt Sconce
09-30-2006, 11:51 AM
I vote original thread....why not?

Edgen
09-30-2006, 01:51 PM
ya, unless you want to go all the way to page 50 of Movie Master's thread just to finally give your crit. Or, read through the first 4 pages of how my 'Brown Waters' title makes you giggle.

I'm sure we'll have a new place for 'now showing, film discussion'.

/j

Matt Sconce
09-30-2006, 01:55 PM
Couldn't people just click on the last page of your individual film thread and then post comments? Just seems like less work than creating new threads. I don't mind the idea of new threads at all, it just seems redundant when they are already up for the most part.

Blaine
09-30-2006, 01:59 PM
I'm sure we'll have a new place for 'now showing, film discussion'.I think we should.:thumbsup:

Norm Sanders
09-30-2006, 03:20 PM
Eh, there's pros & cons to both. By having new thread started it gives the folks who got a LATE start on promoting, etc. a more even playing field with regards to being near the top of the page, for those people who may sort by number of posts/views, etc.

On the flip side, if I were a filmmaker with a LOT of posts & feedback on the original thread, I would MUCH rather just have the thread continue on with additional feedback once it's open, as it's just one nice big thread to keep track of everything from development through to exhibition. Kind of cool, I'd think.

Cynic821
09-30-2006, 03:25 PM
Its one big thread to have everything, but it can get messy inside them. im split

Matt Sconce
09-30-2006, 03:28 PM
Eh, there's pros & cons to both. By having new thread started it gives the folks who got a LATE start on promoting, etc. a more even playing field with regards to being near the top of the page, for those people who may sort by number of posts/views, etc.

On the flip side, if I were a filmmaker with a LOT of posts & feedback on the original thread, I would MUCH rather just have the thread continue on with additional feedback once it's open, as it's just one nice big thread to keep track of everything from development through to exhibition. Kind of cool, I'd think.

Yep, I want it on the main thread. Keep everything in one place. Hmmm, I wonder what will happen?

Norm Sanders
09-30-2006, 03:43 PM
Its one big thread to have everything, but it can get messy inside them. im split

Nah, shouldn't be bad. Each Filmmaker can just put a big 'ol NOW SHOWING banner, etc. in their thread at the point the films are showing, or something similar ... it'd be like a marker to divide the before & after comments.

Besides, even for the films that have gotten a TON of attention after the films are opened in the past, most people won't read through all the previous pages ... just too much to read through, in addition to viewing all the films, commenting, voting, etc.

jeans
09-30-2006, 08:24 PM
I guess I would like a new thread. I didn't even have a title when I started mine. (screen grabs of test shots CC)

Cynic821
09-30-2006, 08:27 PM
Nah, shouldn't be bad. Each Filmmaker can just put a big 'ol NOW SHOWING banner, etc. in their thread at the point the films are showing, or something similar ... it'd be like a marker to divide the before & after comments.

Besides, even for the films that have gotten a TON of attention after the films are opened in the past, most people won't read through all the previous pages ... just too much to read through, in addition to viewing all the films, commenting, voting, etc.

exactly wat i was thinkin a divider, but i was too lazy to type it,