PDA

View Full Version : So I'm shooting letterbox

greeches
09-23-2006, 03:33 PM
So how do I get proper output to fit the 16x9 format?

I rarely shoot it (never) so I'm not sure how to render to achieve the desired effect.

Thanks!

Matt Sconce
09-23-2006, 09:05 PM
Here is what I did. Edit all in letterbox. Export final file as Uncompressed. Import it into an actual 16:9 project. Stretch the video up until the letterboxes clear the top and bottom of the frame (leaving the video visible, but the black lines off the screen, then stretch the width of the picture until it too reaches the edge of the frame. Export and you have a 16:9 video from an original letterbox.

jeans
09-26-2006, 07:33 AM
Here is what I did. Edit all in letterbox. Export final file as Uncompressed. Import it into an actual 16:9 project. Stretch the video up until the letterboxes clear the top and bottom of the frame (leaving the video visible, but the black lines off the screen, then stretch the width of the picture until it too reaches the edge of the frame. Export and you have a 16:9 video from an original letterbox.

I tried to export as uncompressed, and I get a frame of black in between every shot. WTF? Ever happen to you?

Jack Daniel Stanley
09-26-2006, 07:46 AM
So how do I get proper output to fit the 16x9 format?

I rarely shoot it (never) so I'm not sure how to render to achieve the desired effect.

Thanks!
first off ... what NLE are you on?
if FCP, just do it in compressor on output.
Also, for $99 or $129 you can get Magic Bullet instant HD and do it that way.

avatuar
09-26-2006, 04:11 PM
lookin' forward to it!