PDA

View Full Version : the guy who makes logos...

brianluce
09-05-2006, 11:31 PM
There use to be a guy here who'd post free logos for anyone that asked. I need a log for "Studio 41". Is that guy still around? I think this is where he'
d post normally.

Ming
09-06-2006, 08:36 AM
Free? What's that?

brianluce
09-07-2006, 01:21 AM
Free? What's that?

Yep, he'd post the logos right here in the forum. Pretty cool. Got the feeling Logos popped out of his head effortlessly. Kinda like Mozart.

Newt
09-07-2006, 01:52 AM
I'm not that guy, but what the hell. If this isn't the style you are after, you are gonna need to provide a little more information...

cheers

Newt

http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/2378/studio41iu2.png

JRAnderson
09-07-2006, 06:59 AM
This is the logo I ginned up for my start-up....as I was teaching myself photoshop. I like it as a lead-in on my videos, but I'm looking for something simplier for stationary and business cards. Anyone have any ideas?
http://picketfenceproductions.com/finallogo-jpg.jpg

Ming
09-07-2006, 07:39 AM
Mine can be seen here:

http://hindsightproductions.org

brianluce
09-09-2006, 01:43 AM
I'm not that guy, but what the hell. If this isn't the style you are after, you are gonna need to provide a little more information...

cheers

Newt

http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/2378/studio41iu2.png

Dude! that's totally cool! I love it! can I use it? PM me your name and I'll put a credit on my website.

Newt
09-09-2006, 03:11 PM
Of course you can use it :) Let me know what background colour you need and we'll sample it til we find the right one.

Newt
09-09-2006, 03:52 PM
JRAnderson, is this the sort of thing you are thinking?

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/8196/picketfenceproductionspnzn2.png
(http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/8196/picketfenceproductionspnzn2.png)

JRAnderson
09-10-2006, 06:39 AM
Hey Newt,

I like that, but I'm not sure if it's what I'm looking for. The fense on top kind of reminds me of a parapet. I like the way you juxtaposed old and new looking fonts...that's what I was trying to do with the original... I'm just not sure if I'm sold on the arrangement. And if there's a fence at all, I think I want it to be there in a more sublte way. Does that make any sense. I guess this makes me both a beggar and a choser.

One idea that is way out of my artistic range is a the bottom part of an oak tree with its branches growing out to the right and with a picket fence running underneath. And the stacked Picket Fence PRODUCTIONS stuck somewhere in between.

SilverWolf
09-10-2006, 10:43 AM
There use to be a guy here who'd post free logos for anyone that asked. I need a log for "Studio 41". Is that guy still around? I think this is where he'
d post normally.

That guy was "Owen". I'm sure he's still around

g0ldenb0y55
09-11-2006, 11:50 AM
Did someone say logo?

Here's a pass
http://www.stickypod.com/videos/data/500/LOGO_1.jpg

JRAnderson
09-11-2006, 04:40 PM
Goldenboy,

That is a really cool logo. I like it, but I'm not sure it conveys what I'm trying to say. Maybe this will help. We (that is, my wife and I) do weddings, video biographies and, soon, real estate home tours. On a personal note, after 15+ years as a war correspondent, this is my attempt to redfine my career and be with my family more.

So, it's all about "home." That's what we're trying to convey with the name and, ideally, the logo.

g0ldenb0y55
09-12-2006, 08:16 AM
Cool, I get what your saying... I'll give it another try and see if I can implement those elements!

rn90250
06-22-2011, 11:10 PM
Hey Newt,

I like that, but I'm not sure if it's what I'm looking for. The fense on top kind of reminds me of a parapet. I like the way you juxtaposed old and new looking fonts...that's what I was trying to do with the original... I'm just not sure if I'm sold on the arrangement. And if there's a fence at all, I think I want it to be there in a more sublte way. Does that make any sense. I guess this makes me both a beggar and a choser.

One idea that is way out of my artistic range is a the bottom part of an oak tree with its branches growing out to the right and with a picket fence running underneath. And the stacked Picket Fence PRODUCTIONS stuck somewhere in between.

I need a logo done Newt, can you email me please? ryannegrette@gmail

TimB
10-25-2011, 07:14 AM
~Here's mine that I did for myself (:

Doc Bernard
10-25-2011, 12:35 PM
I always like a logo that says what you do/who you are without having to read it. Or that it incorporates your name in a non text way. I like what yours does for the eye, Tim.

TimB
10-25-2011, 02:52 PM
Thanks Doc! Here's my other concept (left). I didn't like it though. Looked more like 2 people, not a
film camera.

kgimedia
10-25-2011, 04:45 PM
While we are at it this is mine from a sketch based on an idea I had for a company in college back in '98. In 2006, when I actually formed my company, I spent 3 months trying to come up with a name and in the end I used the name I created for my portfolio class in school.

Can anybody guess what it is?

alaskacameradude
10-31-2011, 02:19 AM
Wow, nice work, you guys are certainly better with photoshop than I am. I just know a couple little 'tricks' that are related to video. I've been trying to get a good logo forever
and haven't really been able to make myself one. My company is G-Force Productions and my website is www.gforcevideo.com. Logos seem to escape me for some reason.

Doc Bernard
11-04-2011, 05:49 PM
Wow, nice work, you guys are certainly better with photoshop than I am. I just know a couple little 'tricks' that are related to video. I've been trying to get a good logo forever
and haven't really been able to make myself one. My company is G-Force Productions and my website is www.gforcevideo.com (http://www.gforcevideo.com). Logos seem to escape me for some reason.Is this a request for assistance/submissions? If so, LOL, just ask.

If you are wanting help, describe your business as you see it, and how you want others to see it. I'll take a stab at it.

alaskacameradude
11-05-2011, 12:33 AM
Is this a request for assistance/submissions? If so, LOL, just ask.

If you are wanting help, describe your business as you see it, and how you want others to see it. I'll take a stab at it.

Thanks for the offer. I hadn't really been thinking about that, but I'd certainly welcome it!
I live in an area with no other video production companies really......some 'weekend warriors' and hobbyists,
but mainly my competition is with the local TV stations for TV commercials and the local PBS for
corporate films/documentary films. I'd guess I'd describe my business as giving a higher quality
product than the TV stations (which as you and others probably already know...isn't that hard)
and also making sure the client actually has FUN while we make their TV spot, corporate film, or
what have you. It's their chance to get 'out of the office' and be involved in doing something
creative and fun, and a lot of them really seem to like that aspect of it. Of course, this means
I have to put up with a lot of 'great ideas' from clients who often don't know anything about
filmmaking, but it seems that if you let them take just a little ownership (incorporate ANYTHING
you can from their suggestions) then they are way more willing to write the check! The skill involved
is finding which of their suggestions have merit. Sometimes it's really easy (when you work with
experienced marketing people). Other times it's really hard. But that's kind of what I attempt to do.

It almost makes me want to start a business where people get to 'play' at being filmmakers for a
day. That might make me more money....LOL.....and they could just keep their film and do whatever they
wanted with it.

Anyways, thanks for any help anyone gives.

SB studios, llc
12-20-2011, 11:59 AM
I need my logo perfected and in the right formats, sizes etc... My photoshop skills are limited as you can see. If any of you would like to help, please email me at sbstudiosnola@gmail.com. I'm not asking for anything for free, I'll paypal you some $ =) It will also be an ongoing thing, I need multiple different logos for different projects.

The font is called "Nasalization". I can purchase the rights to it.

maranfilms
12-20-2011, 12:55 PM
Man, as long as you guys got your creative blood flowing, would anyone be willing to help me out here with a logo? I'm waaaay overdue.

maranfilms
12-21-2011, 09:19 AM
oh well, It never hurts to ask I guess. lol