PDA

View Full Version : old accesories for the a1

dahon man
08-30-2006, 11:50 AM
Would any of you guys know of existing accessories from the old line of canon videocameras that should be kept since they will also work with the new a1? Im thinking of stuff such as wide angle lenses and underwater housings. I havent found a site giving info on the size specs of the a1. Should gl2 accessories work? Is the 16:9 chip going to see vignettes thru my gl2 canon wide angle screw-on?

Bogdan
08-30-2006, 03:06 PM
GL2 filter size is 58mm while A1/G1 have 72mm diameter. GL2 lens accessories won't fit, but XL accessories will. Century Optics lenses that we used with XL camcorders will fit. BP battery packs from XL and GL camcorders will be fine with A1/G1.

A1/G1 CCDs are the same as in XL-H1 and very similar size to other 1/3" camcorders. You won't see any vignetting if you use XL compatible lens accessories with Canon's new babies.

Noel Evans
09-04-2006, 09:33 AM
72mm is good as basically anything designed for the DVX should work, although a HD 35mm will be on my list. (check out disjectas awesome footage).

LOL interesting question? Maybe? Will the DVX anamorphic lense work? You would be able to go almost a full res 2:35 if it did.

Bogdan
09-04-2006, 01:27 PM
Will the DVX anamorphic lense work? You would be able to go almost a full res 2:35 if it did.

I'm afraid it won't fit because Canon lenses have the bayonet in the front. Has anyone tried to attach DVX anamorphic adapter to XL lenses? Maybe there is some workaround. What about 72mm spacer?