PDA

View Full Version : Is this camera dead or what?

BLUESPIDER
08-23-2006, 02:20 AM
....any new news about this camera?

Is Spoon the only project using this camera?

MovieSwede
08-23-2006, 06:16 AM
As I understand, Spoon only used a prototype of the cam.

Ari Presler
08-23-2006, 11:18 PM
Spoon has completed shooting and are now starting post.

We will be starting a beta testing phase during the next few weeks! At that point we plan to announce additional productions!

There are many new exciting capabilities and features (many of which have been requested on the boards). I am sure everyone will be pleased.

In our usuall fashion, we will announce them when we have it ready for use :-) !

filmmaker1977
08-24-2006, 05:48 AM
In our usuall fashion, we will announce them when we have it ready for use :-) !good point

but don't be away if you don't want to lose your clientele..

donatello
08-24-2006, 08:54 AM
Q3 is just about here ... when do you show the new design of camera ?
any DATE for release ( as in for sale)

Jason Rodriguez
08-24-2006, 04:46 PM
We're not dead, just working our tails off-it's the "good" kind of silence :)

BLUESPIDER
08-30-2006, 04:33 PM
Hope its worth the wait....

Fugitive
09-08-2006, 11:43 PM
People have seen the RED footage, and are all crazy about it. Now, the question is, what does Silicon have to say about this?

Are you people going to counter with a product, or some more silence?

Frankly, I would say silence isnt a good way tto go about it. Imagine, what happened to the Colorspace camera that was so intent on being silent. I have a feeling we wont hear from them again, especially once RED begins shipping...

Ari Presler
09-10-2006, 12:24 AM
Interesting Indoor clip. What do you think about the workflow?

Yes, we will countering. We are planning our next formal announcements with our strategic partners for Nov 2 at HD Expo LA. Its only weeks away :-) !

Thanks for the feedback...as usuall!

filmmaker1977
09-10-2006, 05:16 AM
Interesting Indoor clip.:D me likes your humor..

What do you think about the workflow?very good.. but yours is ok too.. if we will have 4k for $17,500 is there any plan for new prices?..

Yes, we will countering. We are planning our next formal announcements with our strategic partners for Nov 2 at HD Expo LA. Its only weeks away :-) !

Thanks for the feedback...as usuall!we're already in september.. 3Q correct?.. will the camera be available this month?.. both versions?

Fugitive
09-10-2006, 12:23 PM
Interesting Indoor clip.

I havent seen it, so nothing much I can say.

What do you think about the workflow?

Looks like we will need atleast 100GB of storage, but with the benefit of being able to go to 4k anytime. Not sure why I would want to store a one hour documentary on 100gb that I wouldnt ever later want to convert to 4k, but then again, Red's target market is "Cinema" and its called Red Digital Cinema Camera so it makes sense.

For now, it looks promising. The real test, though, would be its performance in the real world (and nothing at the moment indicates it would do poorly). Frankly, I dig Cineform, but lets see what Redcine can do.

Very exciting. Lets see something soon then, hopefully a shipping model. :)

BLUESPIDER
09-10-2006, 05:34 PM
What do you think about the workflow?

Speaking of workflow. Is this abit much?
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/5726/2997/320/Day10_VT01%20copy.jpg
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/5726/2997/320/Day13_VT02%20copy.jpg

I get scared when I see cables all over the place. :Drogar-Dolar(DBG)::Drogar-Mark-10(DBG)

donatello
09-10-2006, 07:25 PM
on set workflow ( small/big) is the productions choice ...
so depending on ones needs you could have just the camera (period) ..
or you could have what "spoon" had .. or something between those 2 ....

will SI be showing the new camera design at HD Expo ??

in the event anybody here hasn't seen the "spoon" blog ( lots of clips with different lighting)

http://indiefilmlive.blogspot.com/

Ari Presler
09-10-2006, 07:56 PM
Yes. We do plan to introduce new form factor by HD Expo...

Fugitive
09-11-2006, 01:48 AM
So when will Silicon cameras be officially shipping?

Ari Presler
09-12-2006, 06:00 AM
We are shipping a limited quantity of SI Mini's this month. The DVR will start shipping in November with the new form factor and maybe a few other surprises :-) !

Fugitive
09-15-2006, 08:47 AM
I love "good" surprises. :)