PDA

View Full Version : HeroFest DVD ?

Larry Rutledge
08-21-2006, 10:05 PM
Jarred,

I was wondering if you plan to create a HeroFest DVD? The main reason I am wondering is because my IMDB submission was rejected. The reason given was "DVX festival won't do". But it appears from other information that if it was being sold, like the ZombieFest and SciFest DVDs then they would take that.

Peace,
Larry

edited to add: I'm still curious about a HeroFest DVD, but I just realized that I am too far down the standings list to be included. So this wouldn't help me anyway. Guess I'll have to finish that re-edit and submit to some festivals :)

Norm Sanders
09-10-2006, 07:25 PM
This needed a bump. :thumbsup: I think everyone assumed a DVD would be put out anyway, like the others before it, and just like HorrorFest will obviously have. It'll also help those that make it onto the DVD (assuming the top 10 at least?) to get onto IMDB.

With BONE HAND and some of the other quality entries, I'm sure there would be enough sales to make it worth while.

If help is needed on doing it (authoring, etc.), let me know. I'd be glad to help.

Alex DePew
09-10-2006, 08:38 PM
I will add to the list of people who would like to see this fest get a DVD. As was said by Jarred this fest was to see who would do it without any mention of prizes. Wouldn't it then be cool to have a DVD put out for the people who made something just for the love of it? I'll get one. Gotta support my fellow Herofest participants. This one seemed to get sweeped under the carpet a little. Probably came at a bad time for many people. I too am also too far down the list to make the cut, but I would be happy to see a DVD made nonetheless.

Brandon Rice
09-11-2006, 12:36 AM
I'd really like to see a DVD as well. Maybe some cool BTS on there too! :)

Aaron Marshall
09-12-2006, 08:02 AM
I'd really like to see a DVD as well. Maybe some cool BTS on there too! :)

Same here. I could probably whip up a montage of extra deleted scenes. I have tons that didn't make it in "Hero of Mana". I had several effects shots that never even made it in.

Norm Sanders
09-13-2006, 09:38 PM
*coughs* bump *coughs*

Seriously, willing to author this thing or do anything I can to help get one out there for this fest. It'd be an absolute shame for the only festival not to have a DVD done on it (of the major ones since ZombieFest) be the same one that the filmmakers entered for the love or filmmaking & with no prizes as incentive (up front).

Oh, and let's not forget how it'll help people (or should) with the IMDB credits part by having some form of distribution! :thumbsup:

snodart
09-13-2006, 09:55 PM
I agree, a DVD would be great.

arielman
09-19-2006, 02:56 PM
A DVD would be great . I have notified Jarred that a cleaned up version of OUR HERO The.. is available for upload whenever he decides to make the DVD .
Ian

Larry Rutledge
09-19-2006, 03:02 PM
In speaking with Jarred recently he indicated that there wouldn't be a specific HeroFest DVD, but that he fully intended to include the HeroFest entries on a Best Of... DVD which will be produced at the end of the year.

Peace,
Larry

Alex DePew
09-19-2006, 04:34 PM
Harumph.

EJ Pennypacker
09-20-2006, 07:30 AM
It'll also help those that make it onto the DVD (assuming the top 10 at least?) to get onto IMDB.

Yeah, for future DVD releases, and to help us all get onto IMDb (which is near impossible with this type of online festival) it would be cool if on the purchase page of the DVD, it was listed just who's the filmaker on the DVD, and what the films name is.

EJ