PDA

View Full Version : Stock Footage

VersuS
08-21-2006, 02:05 PM
I hope this has not been adressed somewhere else.

Is it ok to use stock footage from license-free libraries if we state the name of the library???? please it's important to know coz I'll have to re-arrange my editing/script/shooting

HorseFilms
08-21-2006, 04:10 PM
I really don't think anyone would have a problem with that.

Jack Daniel Stanley
08-30-2006, 01:24 PM
the rule has been something like at least 70% of your film has to be DVX. So you could shoot a single chip for a home movie effect, use film, still images, or stock. I used stock for the openning of ODD Squad in Sci-Fest.

VersuS
08-30-2006, 01:27 PM
Thanx Jack. It's less than 30% (i believe)

TheatreGuy
08-30-2006, 03:08 PM
That is some good info! I have been looking for a thread that might clearly detail the rules. I know that there is a sticky but it doesn't discuss the "percentage" use of other cameras and such. Is there such a place? Or are these rules passed down from one fest to another?

Thanks!

Ted

Jack Daniel Stanley
08-31-2006, 07:32 PM
That is some good info! I have been looking for a thread that might clearly detail the rules. I know that there is a sticky but it doesn't discuss the "percentage" use of other cameras and such. Is there such a place? Or are these rules passed down from one fest to another?

Thanks!

Ted
fest to fest mostly ... the above is a precedent, not a hard and fast rule and I may have the percentage wrong.

Best to PM Jarred to be on the safe side if you think its anywhere near 25 or 30 %, if it's 5 or 10% then I feel safe saying don't worry about it, but if it's more you might get an offiicial okeydoky