PDA

View Full Version : Couple of questions ...

Mark Johnson
07-30-2006, 10:48 AM
1) To enter, may I simply create my own thread in the Horrorfest Individual Film Discussions forum, or do I need to formally seek permission to enter?

2) My short would feature a giant snake (CG) and I plan a brief scene representing the snake's viewpoint in which I'd use one of my kid's RC cars with a mini-camcorder mounted on it so I could control it and drive it underneath cars in a parking lot. Due to weight and ground clearance, it would be impossible to shoot with my DVX. My question is whether including this footage would violate the rules as not being shot with a DVX or HVX? Given the brevity of the scene, its status as merely an effect and the impossibility of using the principal camera to shoot it, might there be an exception to allow including such footage in my entry?

Thanks

Mark

GenJerDan
07-30-2006, 10:53 AM
1) Go ahead (you'll just confuse people if you ask)
2) I'd say Go ahead for this, too. For one shot, out of necessity? That's reasonable. (After all, CG isn't shot with *any* camera, and it's ok.)

Mark Johnson
08-02-2006, 09:16 AM
Thanks for the encouragement. I've posted a pic of my "snake-cam" rig on my thread.

AlexD
08-15-2006, 12:09 PM
yeah, one scene in my film cuts to a killer's view through a crappy little video camera. I was wondering if I could use a littler camera for this or if i should just reshoot it with the dvx. Can some footage not be 24p, or is that a requirement?

HorseFilms
08-15-2006, 12:11 PM
If the majority of the film is shot with a DVX and you just use the other cam for effect, you're good to go. Nobody's gonna be a Nazi about it.