PDA

View Full Version : Self Protrait in San Francisco

MovieTroll
07-29-2006, 12:54 AM
I did this little self protrait last night showing my vacation in San Fran. I am looking for some general feedback as to where I can improve my Photoshop skills. Thanks! :)

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j239/Movietroll/MeinSFcorkboard.jpg

Jared Meyer
07-29-2006, 11:07 AM
Looks like the colors need to be balanced a little bit, away from that magenta cast. Not sure exactly what look you're going for, but I'd think the bridge should be red and your skin more flesh-toned.

Nice pic though. You're actually standing in the exact spot where I proposed to my wife.

Drew Ott
07-29-2006, 09:09 PM
I agree the colors look a little weird in the picture.

This is the only angle of the golden gate bridge that I EVER see.

MovieTroll
07-30-2006, 07:09 PM
Honestly I really don't know myself what I was going for. I wanted the photo to look older maybe from the 70's. Then I thought of putting it on the corkboard background because I kinda like the whole colodge(sp?) idea. That's when I added the trolley tickets. I am thinking now I should of added a small drop shadow to the tickets like I did to the protrait. I'm also now thinking the combination of the two ideas may not have been the best idea...but oh well, it's a funky little picture.

PS

The only thing I truely don't like about it is the vindicating edges. I used a new technique from a friend..and I like my way more it would of given it a much more unified look.

I really love the feedback keep it comming.

jaustere, that's awesome! I'm glad she said yes.

bballplaya283, It's the classic Family Matters angle. I have another one I'm working on a panaranic that goes from Alcatraz to the Golden Gate's other side. When that's done i'll attach it to this thread.

:) vbmenu_register("postmenu_629364", true);

Drew Ott
08-04-2006, 10:06 PM
You should put a 70s date on the tickets if you were going for the 70s look.

zoostory
08-15-2006, 01:11 PM
Hey, you can't have a drop shadow AND the tape at the bottom, unless you make the tape unsticky, that is, popping up. Otherwise, the two are working opposite each other. You could have a VERY slight drop shadow, just enough for the thickness of the photopaper itself, but right where there is tape, there wouldn't be one. Same goes for the tickets, a very SLIGHT shadow.

take a real photo and tape it on a wall, then take a look while moving a light around it.

If you want an aged look, check out some of the tutorials at:

www.dubtastic.com

this guy has really good tips for what to look for!

cheers!