PDA

View Full Version : What are the rules for number of entries?

spinspinsugar13@yahoo.com
07-14-2006, 12:05 AM
1 per user or multiple per user?

Jack Daniel Stanley
07-16-2006, 03:34 PM
I think there was a rule that stated one per user once.
That has not been officially stated this go around, but that's still the case I believe.

Collaboration his highly encouraged however. So one film where you are considered the lead artist or filmmaker and then you may produce, DP, cowrite, or DP and write yours but direct somebody else's, etc.

So no on you having two films that are yours and yours alone. The idea is someone should help you and you would help them.

Even if that is in fact what you have in mind, I would ask permission since it's a gray area, i.e., PM Jarred and say "I'm gonna write, shoot, direct, star in and compose music for mine and shoot and composer music for my buddy's film. Is that cool?"

Cryogenic Filmworks
07-16-2006, 04:05 PM
From this thread (http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=61177&page=4) page 4.

2 films is fine.. even if its the same director/crew. Just dont recut old stuff.

Jack Daniel Stanley
07-16-2006, 08:21 PM
ah ... cool

there ya go ...

the fests are pretty competitive, if you can make two competutuve films and meet the deadline, that would be pretty impressive.

probably better to double the time and detail on one though, IMHO.

MOVIE MASTER
10-04-2006, 09:36 PM
Ugh! I Just Puked On A Demon!

Edgen
10-04-2006, 09:43 PM
Ya, collabs are definitely key. I've got two films. One however; is an Exhibition Film and cannot compete for prizes. (shot with a consumer camera)

Drink some of my Brown Water Movie Master.. you'll feel much better.

/j