PDA

View Full Version : Image Sequence question!

jgastelb
06-26-2006, 12:57 AM
If I import an image sequence from Vegas into Photoshop is there a way to apply a certain filter effect to all of the pictures at once or do I have to manually alter each one by one? Also once I'm done affecting the sequence is there a way to save all of the pictures all at once as well? Thanks for any help provided!
Jgastelb

Matt Grunau
06-26-2006, 11:52 AM
Create an Action to do what you want, including saving to a different directory. Then run Batch Process and tell it to use the Action you just created. Easy peasy.

jgastelb
06-26-2006, 03:02 PM
Is there a limit as to how many images can be batched at one time? I just did 400 pics - that must be the limit I guess. I was able to do everything you pointed out. Is there a way to have Photoshop save all the files for you while automating the batch so you don't have to keep clicking save everytime for each picture?
Jgastelb

Matt Grunau
06-26-2006, 04:23 PM
Is there a limit as to how many images can be batched at one time? I just did 400 pics - that must be the limit I guess. I was able to do everything you pointed out. Is there a way to have Photoshop save all the files for you while automating the batch so you don't have to keep clicking save everytime for each picture?
Jgastelb

I don't know if there is a limit or not. If you create an action, you can keep the action going through save as and close. Then, you have a directory set up for them to go. You change the destination directory in the batch processing to the one you created for em.

Or, make copies of all into a new directory, and then just start recodeing, make all your changes, flatten the image, save it and close. Run that action from and to the copied set of pics.

EDIT: I just did a test with 942 pics, and it went fine.

In fact, here is the result: DivX 4.2 megs 30 seconds Full Frame

http://www.paramm.com/gracie.avi

jgastelb
06-26-2006, 04:39 PM
Rapier_100
This is AWESOME!!! I owe you big time. You know this program very well... Thanks! This opens up so many other possibilities now.
Jgastelb

jgastelb
06-26-2006, 04:40 PM
make all your changes, flatten the image, save it. Run that action from and to the copied set of pics.

Why do you have to flatten the image and how do you do this? Do you mean so that all the layers go away but you essentially have the same end product?
Jgastelb

jgastelb
06-26-2006, 07:04 PM
Here's what I worked on today to see how it would work!

http://media.putfile.com/Batched-video-photoshop

Matt Grunau
06-27-2006, 07:31 AM
Rapier_100
This is AWESOME!!! I owe you big time. You know this program very well... Thanks! This opens up so many other possibilities now.
Jgastelb

Yeah, I've been known to dabble.