PDA

View Full Version : Camera to buy

steveandbelinda
06-19-2006, 03:10 PM
What do you guys like between the Canon XL1S, Canon GL2, and the Sony VX2100? I want something that is good in all conditions (low light, etc) . I like the looks of the XL1S, but wonder if it will end up being too cumbersome to handle. I am new to this. My wife is getting into Wedding consulting, and thought that I would try to add video into the business (Wedding/Event Videography) . Can't make my mind up on which camera would be best all around. I have heard that the GL2 is lousy in low light, but has a good zoom lens. I have heard that the VX2100 is great in low light, but could stand to have more zoom to it. And haven't heard too much negative about the XL1S. Would like one that incorporates both features. Also was wanting to see if there was somewhere that give classes in Videography, but seems to be none. Was told by WEVA that everyone in the business seems to start out the same way as me, learning by doing.
:dankk2:

Zim
06-19-2006, 04:22 PM
if you ask me your asking about some old camera's. Why not move up to HDV? Or get the XL2.

But if your goal is weddings I would get some like a Sony PD-170. Sony FX1

I was going to do wedding once and people tired to tell me to get the PD-170. But I got the XL1s instead and it killed my arms and back. Low light wasn't that good either.

But here is a good link that you can read for hours about weddings and event stuff

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/forumdisplay.php?f=72

Robert Sanders
06-19-2006, 04:34 PM
I really enjoyed my VX2000. But I'm in the HDV world now and not looking back.