PDA

View Full Version : oh jeez, not another "first shots with nikon d50" thread!!!

cheezweezl
06-14-2006, 01:30 AM
so after seeing all the great shots you guys got with the d50, i went out and got myself one today. what a sweet camera. by the time the battery was charged i barely had any time to take any pics before losing the sunlight but here are a couple of shots of my daughter...

http://www.fisherfilmworks.com/skywin.jpg

http://www.fisherfilmworks.com/skystreet.jpg

Chris Messineo
06-14-2006, 06:21 AM
Wow, beautiful shots. I love that second one!

Makes me glad I have the Nikon d50 as well. :)

Which lense do you shoot those with?

Chris

Jeremy Ordan
06-14-2006, 06:49 AM
Why don't we just start a full on D50 thread and every person has the OBLIGATION to post at least one image per week, list an original, a corrected version, and then which lens they shot on!

-Jeremy

cheezweezl
06-14-2006, 08:36 AM
Why don't we just start a full on D50 thread and every person has the OBLIGATION to post at least one image per week, list an original, a corrected version, and then which lens they shot on!

-Jeremy

i second that.... sticky???????

Wow, beautiful shots. I love that second one!

Makes me glad I have the Nikon d50 as well. :)

Which lense do you shoot those with?

Chris

hey thanks. these are with the stock 28-80mm f3.5. i'm looking into getting some primes. can the standard film type nikon lenses be used?

Jeremy Ordan
06-14-2006, 08:41 AM
i'm looking into getting some primes. can the standard film type nikon lenses be used?

Yes they can. Nikon has been fairly consistent with their mount for years and years. The problem with using a non AF lens is that you cannot use any of the auto functions of the camera, but you can use them.

I've been using a 28mm 2.8 prime with my camera coupled with my 50mm 1.8, 17mm-55mm 3-4.5, 70-210 2.8, and 70-210 4-5.6.

I want to just start buying primes though. My 70-210 2.8 is a Vivitar and it is so slow, soft, and heavy that it is almost useless to own.

I will start a D50 picture thread. We don't need to make it a sticky or anything, but this should be a fun way to share techniques, settings, lens comparisons, and just photos to help us all improve.

-Jeremy