PDA

View Full Version : favorite cam

filmmaker1977
06-13-2006, 11:40 AM
what's your favorite indie cam manufacturer?

what will it be your future choice?

MovieSwede
06-14-2006, 03:29 AM
Well first of all there is a difference beween a working model camera and a prototype.

Of the cams thats out today hvx has produced the best footage, but of course the SI could be a real nice filmmaking camera, the red is out of the pricerange to really be a indycam for my budget (not that hvx or SI wouldnt hurt my wallet aswell)

But the 1920*810 40fps SI option can really be what have me sold on this cam. If they only could put it in a fieldadapted shell.

Emanuel
06-14-2006, 05:41 AM
Nice poll :)

Interesting...

-D-
06-14-2006, 06:18 AM
Well first of all there is a difference beween a working model camera and a prototype.

Yeah, Panasonic has got my vote for now.

ESTEBEVERDE
06-14-2006, 10:27 AM

Of the cams thats out today hvx has produced the best footage, but of course the SI could be a real nice filmmaking camera, the red is out of the pricerange to really be a indycam for my budget (not that hvx or SI wouldnt hurt my wallet aswell)

But the 1920*810 40fps SI option can really be what have me sold on this cam. If they only could put it in a fieldadapted shell.

How are you MovieSwede?

I hope all is well with you. :-)

I was wondering if you could please elaborate a bit more on exactly what you mean on a "fieldadapted shell."

David Newman
06-14-2006, 11:07 AM
Favorite brand is odd poll -- what does that really mean? I voted SI, even though we have a good relationship with most of the companies listed. However SI is the first camera vendor to ship our compression and they are great to work with.

Fugitive
06-14-2006, 12:26 PM
I just want a good camera, even if it be from a totally new brand..."other"

hemophilia
06-14-2006, 12:29 PM
This poll is meaningless.

"Vote for which non-existent camera has created the most hype in your mind."

Emanuel
06-14-2006, 12:42 PM
This poll is meaningless.I don't agree. It's very interesting to understand the people mind around.

The Panasonic favorite here in its home it's not a surprise. But for example, the outsider Silicon Imaging is. My vote was in both directions: SILICON & RED (my favorite as non-major brands, of course!) ah!...They get me and I would forget that I'm a brand agnostic.

"Vote for which non-existent camera has created the most hype in your mind."Yeah, I agree but that's the way as it is. The major brands are doing the same as far as possible. Always did, always will.

Hideaki Anno
06-14-2006, 04:36 PM
Silicon Imaging rocks! :)

stephenlnoe
06-14-2006, 07:03 PM
Hmnn..

A poll of favorite camera's on DVXuser that is dedicated to Panasonic and Red.

Ryan Patrick O'Hara
06-14-2006, 10:44 PM
I don't understand how Red is even an option. It sounds very nice and everything but it doesnt exist yet... I mean really, show me the footage! Why dont we have a "favorite president poll" and put me down for Hillary Clinton! :) Let's see what the future brings, but until then......eh?

Ari Presler
06-14-2006, 11:15 PM
Would anyone like to start a new poll:

Which camera/model generates your favorite image quality and workflow?

or

If you had to shoot a indie project starting in the next few months, which model would you like to use (within your indie budget)?

filmmaker1977
06-15-2006, 03:34 AM
Hmnn..

A poll of favorite camera's on DVXuser that is dedicated to Panasonic and Red.even if i voted silicon imaging and red.. and if so as you are saying why will it be? maybe jvc's 720p can be.. under res and démodé?..

edit

btw, i posted thread-banners all over the brand forums here represented.. if the public (!) votes (not secret ones!) are going in this direction i declare that i'm innocent.. :engel017:

any complain must be adressed to the respective manufacturers.. also those reasons why RED and SILICON IMAGING are there as fave brands even if the camera doesn't exist YET or if it is just a prototype..

MovieSwede
06-15-2006, 01:54 PM
How are you MovieSwede?

I hope all is well with you. :-)

I was wondering if you could please elaborate a bit more on exactly what you mean on a "fieldadapted shell."

The pictures ive seen one the spun footage have shown a small cameraunit with lots of cables on the outside. Not sure how the final camera will look, but the dvx/hvx and even the xl1hd have nice shell thats looks like it could survive a Saving Private Ryan recording.

If you shoot docs and so on thats very important.

Haakon
06-15-2006, 04:55 PM
I don't understand how Red is even an option. It sounds very nice and everything but it doesnt exist yet...
Doubters will be enlightened in due time...

Ryan Patrick O'Hara
06-15-2006, 05:00 PM
Although I do doubt Red's timetable, I do not doubt the camera. I am just saying dont count your chickens until they hatch
or is it "before" they hatch? Either way you get my point. I hope RED comes about, I'll sell my kidney for one.:)

sonisfear
06-23-2006, 09:23 PM
did you know that according to www.alexa.com (http://www.alexa.com/), dvxuser.com has more activity than DV.com.

Awesome site guys...

vision quest
07-13-2006, 08:22 PM
Having a poll on a panasonic site, Ya that makes sense for good unbias results.:Drogar-BigGrin(DBG)

Gordon Prince
07-16-2006, 06:34 PM
I'm thinking SI must bring the 2k as soon as possible in order don't lose the customers interest. Mostly because its September schedule when RED will be available soon. I guess this April-September gap and the waiting for the new processors it was a SI strategy error. If Spoon is flowing why September? RED is there and it wouldn't be nice to see SI as a non-option when RED offers 4k/2k and SI just 1080p.

filmmaker1977
07-16-2006, 11:04 PM
Having a poll on a panasonic site, Ya that makes sense for good unbias results.:Drogar-BigGrin(DBG)i voted si and red.. :Drogar-BigGrin(DBG)

btw after all of your interest and posts, kissing Ari Presler's ass :Drogar-Evil(DBG): why you vincent price did you vote panasonic and sony?!.. it seems not congruent.. at least.

FrankC
11-17-2007, 08:11 PM
Panasonic has had a nice camera in the HVX-200. Big Question: What brand to you see the Pros consistently use? Sony... because it's reliable and robust. I might have gone with the HVX, but the P2 cost and process is a definite negative. We're going with the EX-1.