PDA

View Full Version : Salary for job

Angrius
06-11-2006, 05:02 PM
Hey guys. I applied for this job awhile back and am on the short list of interviews for the job. I'm hoping there are some digital photo editors lurking around. Here is the position:

Digital Editor

DE002

Imagine a work place where you can wear your jeans everyday - not just on Friday. Where people are passionate about what they do and have fun doing it. Veer’s Image Production Team needs a Digital Editor. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented with strong Macintosh skills and hands-on experience editing images using Photoshop. An eye and an attitude for quality and the ability to stay focused on repetitive tasks is a must. Knowledge of color and color correction, specifically how it relates to print production is a definite plus.

Any idea what to ask for as far as salary goes?

Matt Grunau
06-11-2006, 05:12 PM
Where are you located, and what is your skill level?

I would think base 15-20 an hour is reasonable, depending on where you live.

Angrius
06-11-2006, 05:54 PM
I live in Canada. The job is in Calgary Alberta. The cost of living there is similar to Toronto (think L.A). I was thinking the wages would be more like 25-30 Canadian. It's hard to locate a salary range for this position..Thanks for your input.

kai
06-11-2006, 07:22 PM
Veer would be a good company to work for. Very designer friendly guys over there. What is your experience level?