PDA

View Full Version : Voting for dummies.

GageFX
06-07-2006, 05:17 PM
That's "How to vote" for dummies, not casting a vote for a dummy.

That specified, I looked everywhere and cant find voting rules anywhere. I've read 20 threads about voting and cant find anything, so sorry if it's right in front of me.

So. Who can vote. In one thread, a guy said "I'd like to vote but cant" or something like that. As a DVX and DVXUser newb, I just dont know. Enjoying the films though and would like to vote. (Yes I have the xls.)

Second...is there a particular filename to submitt the vote as or just resave over orig name?

Thanks and sorry for my newbness.

-GageFX

Jack Daniel Stanley
06-07-2006, 05:27 PM
you have to have a hundred posts to vote ... this is so a filmmaker can't have theier familt and friends register just to vote.

as for the file name, I think you just send it back as is.

Shaun Patrick
06-07-2006, 05:30 PM
during sci-fest, you put your username into the filename....

snodart
06-07-2006, 05:30 PM
There is an Excell file that you would fill out. It has all of the entries on it and some catagories such as acting, lighting, etc. Problem is that a user must have 100 post to be able to vote......

Oh, JDS beat me to it.

GageFX
06-07-2006, 07:16 PM
Okay guys. Thanks. As mentioned, I have the XLS and am filling it out. I just have 25 more posts to go before voting deadline. While I could be annoying and rapidly inflate my count, I run the risk of annoying even myself and we cant have that. (Do that too often.) I just hope I get the naturally before deadline.

-GageFX

Blaine
06-07-2006, 07:25 PM
Well, you've got 75 posts and there are 25 entries. If you go to each entry's discussion thread and give them feedback on their film, that's 100 posts.:thumbsup:

As long as you're being constructive with your feedback, I'm sure no one will think you're just boosting your count. :)

Matt Sconce
06-07-2006, 07:28 PM
Well, you've got 75 posts and there are 25 entries. If you go to each entry's discussion thread and give them feedback on their film, that's 100 posts.:thumbsup:

As long as you're being constructive with your feedback, I'm sure no one will think you're just boosting your count. :)

Grand idea! It would help people and yourself...Bravo....look forward to feedback soon...hehe

Beat Takeshi
06-07-2006, 08:20 PM
That is a great idea! Post away!!