PDA

View Full Version : lighting effects missing?

MisterCat
06-06-2006, 01:35 PM
Just got back from a Photoshop seminar where there was some demostrations with lighting effects. I'm using CS2 but don't see nearly the options they had at the seminar. When I go to the lighting effects dialogue, the style drop down is empty and I only have directional, omni, and spotlight in the light type drop down. They had a lot more yesterday at the seminar(they used "flashlight" for their demo). Maybe I missed something on install? Do I get these elsewhere? Sorry for the simple question, just getting my bearings.

Thanks in advance,
sjc

bfischinger
06-06-2006, 03:24 PM
Did you purcahse the full version or did you download a trial?

MisterCat
06-06-2006, 10:06 PM
It's the full version.

bfischinger
06-07-2006, 08:49 AM
I actually dowlaoded the trial a while ago and thats the same thing I have on my list (omni, directional, spotlight). make sure you entered the activation code when you installed it. Also, did you download it from adobe.com or buy it in a store?

Michael Carter
06-07-2006, 09:42 AM
2 thoughts--

Some of the render-heavy effects only work on non-CMYK files;

This may be one of those "download more options from the web" deals as well....

MisterCat
06-07-2006, 01:07 PM
It's actually an upgrade version from CS and it was loaded off the CD from Adobe. I went to the update link under Help and it gave me about 71MB of downloaded updates but the lighting effects were not changed. I'm at a loss on this one.