PDA

View Full Version : DVXuser.com internal promotion? | Overall Consenus

Edgen
06-06-2006, 12:56 PM
Just wandering if Jarred was going to 'open the flood gates' and let everyone know that the Fest is under way? Banners or email perhaps?

Second.. my consensus on most of the entries.

Voice Overs.
Green Eyes.
Cracks on the Gay Jokes.
Making fun of superheros in general.

Anything else? add it to the list. I'm diggin most the movies I've seen so far, and to be brutally honest.. Some where just :crybaby:. (don't hate :) )

congrats to everyone. Hopefully i'll get a chance to give "My Thoughts:" on all the films. Some are still not posted right? Or do they all have threads now?

/j

Jarred Land
06-06-2006, 04:26 PM
thanks Edgen.. i want to make sure we are covered with the bandwidth before we open the floodgates.. we already went through 500gb last night alone so just gotta get the backups rockin.

Mike McNeese
06-06-2006, 09:47 PM
Edgen, I think you're right. But at the same time, I am seeing SOME improvements over the Sci-Fest entries in general. Sci-Fest had it's handful of standouts. Even though we've only got 25 movies this go around, I still say that we have a similar number of standouts that would hold up to the best of Sci-Fest.

Edgen
06-06-2006, 10:19 PM
I've actually watch a few of the SciFi entries, but I would love to do the same thing that I did here. These shorts are just great and I'd love to see how some of you guys have progressed from one festival (or digressed) to another.

Its crazy how many were on the inital list of people wanting to enter and those that actually submitted.

Passion? Motivation? (lack of?)

OOh, another to add to the list.

"... I'll start off by saying its a rough.. " or "It still needs adjustments and CC ..." :)

/j

Ben Sliker
06-07-2006, 07:03 PM
edgen, i think most people just ran into being way to busy, myself included. Other than my actors dropping out, I found the the days I would have been shooting were just impossible, with final exams and graduating from college and all (oh ... and no money.) I was really surprised only 25 made it to completion but it might have been that a hero film is a little harder to pull off than a science fiction flick or zombie movie.

I wish that I had the opportunity to complete my own: "The Red Avenger" I have all the storyboards drawn out and everything, oh well, i guess it gets put on the pile of "ideas" for later.

Ben Sliker
06-07-2006, 07:04 PM
Edgen, I think you're right. But at the same time, I am seeing SOME improvements over the Sci-Fest entries in general. Sci-Fest had it's handful of standouts. Even though we've only got 25 movies this go around, I still say that we have a similar number of standouts that would hold up to the best of Sci-Fest.

word. the first 5-10 sci-entries I watched were pretty painful.

Edgen
06-07-2006, 07:31 PM
word. the first 5-10 sci-entries I watched were pretty painful.

Ha!! ya, I'm wanting to watch all the SciFi entries... But I'm finding myself a little scared and well, painful. Thank goodness I'm not obligated to give feedback on them :)

/j

CineMark
06-07-2006, 08:55 PM
I'm with you guys. I remember when I downloaded all those SciFest zipped folders and started watching them — i was horrified. I can't remember how many I couldn't even get through. Some not even 1 minute.

I agree that this batch is better. There still may be some tankers, but there are a lot of entertaining entries. Even some that aren't necessarily well shot or "pretty" are funny and extremely entertaining.

Good fest indeed.

greeches
06-08-2006, 11:55 AM
That's part of a contest tho, some are not gonna shine like the others.... or are really really dull and smuged... but anyway, as judges, we have to sit through them and give them feedback from our POV.

Brandon Rice
06-08-2006, 04:47 PM
Yep... with more entries too (as in sci-fest) there are bound to be some worse films... I think that there have been a lot of great herofest films... it'd be interesting to put the top 10 or 15 hero films up against the top 10 or 15 sci-fest/zombiefest films.