PDA

View Full Version : Prize Category Question

Larry Rutledge
06-06-2006, 11:07 AM
Jarred,

Since the prize categories, nor the prizes for that matter, have been announced I'd like to ask a favor. Can we have a category for "Best Score" this time?

I know a lot of composers came to the site for this fest and a lot of work goes into making these masterpieces.

Thanks,
Larry

Mike McNeese
06-06-2006, 11:12 AM
I'm with Larry. Even if they don't win something, these guys deserve deserves the notariety!

Jack Daniel Stanley
06-06-2006, 11:35 AM
You knuckleheads. :cheesy:

We had a category for best score last time and we have it this time too.

Its the fourth column from the right on your ballots, lol :laugh:

Larry Rutledge
06-06-2006, 11:49 AM
No, no...I don't mean the score...that is for generating an overal score for the winner.

What I mean is, if you remember from last time, there were special categories...best screenplay, etc, etc...I'm talking about adding one of these for the composer.

A prize category, not a scoring column.

Jack Daniel Stanley
06-06-2006, 12:03 PM
No, no...I don't mean the score...that is for generating an overal score for the winner.

What I mean is, if you remember from last time, there were special categories...best screenplay, etc, etc...I'm talking about adding one of these for the composer.

A prize category, not a scoring column.

YES ... it's called "SCORE" (AS IN ORIGINAL MUSIC) and it's the 4th column from the right on your ballot just as I said last post.

that's how the winners of each category were picked last time ... from those columns ... there wasn't a seperate ballot. Whatever film had the highest mark in the SCORE column won best SCORE .... lol.

Why take a seperate vote just to ask people to repeat what they put in that column?

http://www.smileys.ws/smls/laughing/00000014.gif

Larry Rutledge
06-06-2006, 12:08 PM
Perhaps I am confused/mistaken/whatever...but I thought there were a few "special" categories which Barry S and Jarred picked on their own. I didn't realize they used the voting ballot.

Ok...so we're all good then! :thumbsup:

Of course, instead of trying to make me feel like a bone head you could have just said, "Sure, we'll do that...good idea!" :grin:

Edgen
06-06-2006, 12:20 PM
hehehe ;) "Knucklehead"

/j

Jack Daniel Stanley
06-06-2006, 12:22 PM
Perhaps I am confused/mistaken/whatever...but I thought there were a few "special" categories which Barry S and Jarred picked on their own. I didn't realize they used the voting ballot.

Ok...so we're all good then! :thumbsup:

Of course, instead of trying to make me feel like a bone head you could have just said, "Sure, we'll do that...good idea!" :grin:
Glad to know you didn't fall and hit your head or something. :cheesy: I see where you were confused since you thought those prizes were chosen rather than voted on.

For Zombie Fest Jarred and Barry S picked the category winners (there was only one called technical achievement I think) and there were no columns just one overall score.

But for Sci Fi it was decided by ballot and there were several categories.
as for not making you feel like a bone head -- come on, that's what makes our relationship so special :love4:

Larry Rutledge
06-06-2006, 12:25 PM
as for not making you feel like a bone head -- come on, that's what makes our relationship so special :love4:

You know it!! :love4::love4::love4:

And I guess I'd rather be a bone head than a bone hand :Drogar-BigGrin(DBG)

Matt Sconce
06-06-2006, 02:08 PM
You know it!! :love4::love4::love4:

And I guess I'd rather be a bone head than a bone hand :Drogar-BigGrin(DBG)

HAHA!!!!!:2vrolijk_08:

Larry Rutledge
06-07-2006, 02:54 PM
Hey Jack... I was just perusing the Sci-Fest thread and came across something very interesting. The thread where Jarred gave the info regarding the winners...I read all the "special categories" and you know what, there wasn't a single one for "Score" or "Composer".

You can see for yourself, right here: http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showpost.php?p=450617&postcount=1

However, there was "score" on the scorecard, so my original post in this thread is now valid again....I hope there will be a "prize category" (even if the prize is a clap on the back or a shake of the hand) for "score" and/or "composer".

:costumed-smiley-047

Mike McNeese
06-07-2006, 03:46 PM
I'm still with Larry!

Larry Rutledge
06-07-2006, 03:47 PM
I'm still with Larry!

Well, not really...You're in Ohio and I'm in California....but I guess I know what you mean :grin:

Seriously though, I think these guys deserve some credit for the hard work they put into these projects.

Just my $0.01 9/10

Peace,
Larry

Jack Daniel Stanley
06-07-2006, 04:04 PM
Hey Jack... I was just perusing the Sci-Fest thread and came across something very interesting. The thread where Jarred gave the info regarding the winners...I read all the "special categories" and you know what, there wasn't a single one for "Score" or "Composer".

You can see for yourself, right here: http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showpost.php?p=450617&postcount=1

However, there was "score" on the scorecard, so my original post in this thread is now valid again....I hope there will be a "prize category" (even if the prize is a clap on the back or a shake of the hand) for "score" and/or "composer".

:costumed-smiley-047

uhm actually I won it last tiime but declined it because I didn't have a composer
http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=47763&page=23
it was not a prize category so it was not listed on the page you pointed out, but it was a recognized category as you suggest it should be

... sorry buddy looks like you're original post is right back to non-valid again :cheesy:

they'll post the winning films and the rankings of each column

best acting

best lighting

best score

ect.

Larry Rutledge
06-07-2006, 04:07 PM
Oh...I think I remember that now. I guess I'll go crawl back into my corner and "think about what I did" for a while. :crybaby:

:grin:

Matt Sconce
06-07-2006, 04:27 PM
hehe....