PDA

View Full Version : Academy Award Nomination for Silicon

Ari Presler
06-04-2006, 12:40 AM
these photos are beautiful. you will win an award in next Sundance.. or when an indie filmmaker will win an academy award (for sure! you will see!!) it will be yours the technical achievement..

Thank you for the nomination.

YES. The academy should recognize the teams and individuals that innovate the transition from F ilm to Silicon, in the new IT-centric Digital Cinema world.

Simon Hansen and the "Spoon" Atomic-VFX team have taken that first leap of faith and have begun the revolution. Due to the flexibility and modularity of our cameras, recording, connectivity, visualization, remote moniotring, control, workflow, file formats and editing flexibility, there are now many opportunities to break barriers in the film, now silicon, industry. These opportunities exist today.

We are proud to say we are the first. Our products are the enabler for a paradigm shift in digital cinama acquisition and production with high quality direct-to-disk acqusition, IT-centric on-set viewing, metadata control and RAW post production workflow.

I challenge all those reading this message to be creative and establish more industry firsts, along with us! Alternatively, just sit back, post on the other forums and yack about what will be greatest space-age product of NEXT year, while others innovate and break the barriers THIS YEAR, by shooting today with Silicon!!!!

Academy...here we come. Now, who wants to go with us?

filmmaker1977
06-04-2006, 12:47 AM
eheheh.. did you like hein?.. i vote for that.. but with one condition.. i want be there at the party.. and you must bring the gals.. :D

Ari Presler
06-04-2006, 12:51 AM
There are always plenty on the Red Carpet....

filmmaker1977
06-04-2006, 01:18 AM
RED carpet.. good sense of humor, man..

please, don't forget that 24/96 audio hassle to handheld laptop recording and i will award you with my $12,500 grant..

edit
a suggestion: Mini SI -- the handheld moviemaking..

Yas Kassana
06-07-2006, 06:22 AM
With the advent of something like Silicon, hopefully we'll be getting away from the monopoly that Hollywood has, and come back to the 70's heyday of cinema. We'l be seeing alot of crap, but also much more originality. Who would have thought you could have a movie camera with the editing capability within your own home in a few years.

ESTEBEVERDE
06-08-2006, 09:09 PM
Funny thing is ya never know.

It would be incredible to see a film or two win an Academy Award with this Camera!

Ari Presler
06-09-2006, 06:29 AM
We better start lobbying for votes now. It could take a few years :-) !

We just want to help the independents create the most compelling content at an affordable cost of acquisition and production. We will deliver the paint brush. Its up to you create the art.

ESTEBEVERDE
06-11-2006, 11:36 AM
Exactly!

And who could ask for more?!?!? ;-)

filmmaker1977
06-11-2006, 11:47 AM
why not verde?.. :D

ESTEBEVERDE
06-11-2006, 12:56 PM
why not verde?.. :D

Ah... don't be green with envy! ;-) !!!

filmmaker1977
06-12-2006, 12:53 AM
eheheh..

Ari Presler
01-22-2009, 10:16 PM
We better start lobbying for votes now. It could take a few years :-) !

We just want to help the independents create the most compelling content at an affordable cost of acquisition and production. We will deliver the paint brush. Its up to you create the art.

Slumdog Millionaire, which already swept 4 Golden Globes earlier this month continues its own rags-to-riches story with a total of 10 Academy Award nominations including Best Picture, Best Director for Danny Boyle and Best Cinematography for Anthony Dod Mantle. In the crowd pleasing fantasy, Danny Boyle tells a love story about a teenager who rises from the slums of Mumbai to win the Indian version of the television game show Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? Many of the fast-paced chase scenes and game show set were shot with the Silicon Imaging SI-2K Digital Cinema Camera.

Thanks to all those who have continued to support us over the past two years and helped us achieve our goals.

hawaj
03-16-2009, 04:59 PM
Finally you did it Ari!!!
Congratulations to all at SI, you deserve it.
Good job and thanks for nice picture :beer:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

bluetosky
03-25-2009, 02:39 AM
the information you supplied is very useful to me ,thank you very much .