PDA

View Full Version : Uploaded? - Post here if you still need to upload

Brandon Rice
06-02-2006, 11:28 PM
Who all's uploaded here, and who still needs to do it?

Uploaded

JimtheJib: "Tough Luck"

Cryogenic Filmworks: "The Stoyanova Incident"

Machu/chrisdvx: "The Recipient"

Noct: "Hero of Mana"

Edgen: "The Stars Above"

snodart/theloniusjones: "CACHE"

Shaun Patrick/Stewbottum: "J.U.L."

mjmcneese2/mrpunch/MiataFilmSomething: "Metal Storm."

Dahopafilms: "Bucketman"

Larry_R: "Leap of Faith"

Untsikka

conrad_johnson

CineMark/Anthem78: "Anonymous"

Envision: "Once A Hero"

ChainSmoker

Alex DePew: "Supermates"

Aram_Bauman/MsManhatten: "RFeyeD"

MikeZas

david jerome

ryskamrr

RGDragonfilms: "Atrocity"

Jack Daniel Stanley: "Bone Hand"

Not Yet Uploaded

Everyone's up!

Larry Rutledge
06-02-2006, 11:30 PM
I am completing my renders now...will be uploading in about 45 minutes

Update: Still trying to get the H.264 render correct. They need to make this compression stuff easier to figure out. Got the DVD version done, though.

New Update: Uploading now...keep your fingers crossed!!

Newer Update: Finished uploading...but the composer says I need to fix a time sync for the music. May have to try a re-upload...we'll see if time permits. If not, then consider me uploaded :thumbsup:

Jarred Land
06-03-2006, 12:18 AM
Thanks for starting this Briceman.. good for me to know who needs to upload still.

Aaron Marshall
06-03-2006, 12:19 AM
I am Uploaded

Beat Takeshi
06-03-2006, 12:20 AM
I will be uploading late saturday, early sunday to give the composer the most time possible. Maybe I will upload a proxy tomorrow just in case.

Brandon Rice
06-03-2006, 12:22 AM
Thanks for starting this Briceman.. good for me to know who needs to upload still.

No worries man :) Let's hear what's up everyone!

Edgen
06-03-2006, 12:58 AM
Mines' uploading.. so, I suppose i'm all set to go! yee haw!

/j

snodart
06-03-2006, 01:04 AM
I have uploaded, BUT would like to spend some more time with the score since we had cut it short to upload. Depends on if the person who was working on the score can do it tomorrow. So, I am uploaded, but might be replacing the files before Sunday AM... If that sounds fair and and will work with the server set up.

Jarred Land
06-03-2006, 01:39 AM
yes for replacements, I go with the newest file, so just make sure it has the same filename as the last upload and it will automatially update.

snodart
06-03-2006, 01:40 AM
Perfect, thanks!

MikeZas
06-03-2006, 02:58 AM
Not uploaded. Still tweaking the mix, and even messing with the edit a bit.

CineMark
06-03-2006, 05:42 AM
Uploaded!

(in conjunction with Anthem78)

Shaun Patrick
06-03-2006, 06:10 AM
Shaun Patrick/Stewbottum...Uploaded

Alex DePew
06-03-2006, 06:12 AM
Not yet uploaded. Still working on a couple things. Will be done tonight (Saturday).

david jerome
06-03-2006, 06:23 AM
Still need to upload. Having some computer issues. Will be up shortly.

Mike McNeese
06-03-2006, 06:55 AM
Me=uploaded.

Dahopafilms
06-03-2006, 09:23 AM
I'm in.

Kinda.

Brandon Rice
06-03-2006, 09:57 AM
Updated the list for ya'll!

I'm in.

Kinda.

???

Larry Rutledge
06-03-2006, 09:57 AM
Uploading now....should be there in a little while. :thumbsup:

Update: The h.264 (I think) is done uploading. The .ac3 is uploading now and will be done in about 5 minutes. Then I will start the .m2v file...that will take a little while.

New Update: The h.264 and the .ac3 are done. The .m2v is uploading now and according to the ftp client it will take 2.5 hours to upload. Keeping my fingers crossed that there are no problems in the upload :)

New Update: It now says only 1.5 hours remaining!! :thumbsup:

ryskamrr
06-03-2006, 10:56 AM
Still need to upload, finishing up a few things will be in shortly

Untsikka
06-03-2006, 11:03 AM
Im not sure, it's uploading it at my friend house, but no one is there.

Anthem78
06-03-2006, 11:16 AM
Uploaded.

Macchu
06-03-2006, 11:50 AM
Uploaded and can't wait to see everyone's film!

JimtheJib
06-03-2006, 11:53 AM
i uploaded! I may have uploaded a couple versions by mistake....

conrad_johnson
06-03-2006, 01:07 PM
uploaded.

Jack Daniel Stanley
06-03-2006, 02:20 PM
I'm shooting for LAAAAATE tonight or tomorrow.

Norm is in the same boat - no he was planning on gettin it together as of 11:00 last night.

leogardini
06-03-2006, 03:04 PM
Uploading now....should be there in a little while. :thumbsup:

Update: The h.264 (I think) is done uploading. The .ac3 is uploading now and will be done in about 5 minutes. Then I will start the .m2v file...that will take a little while.

New Update: The h.264 and the .ac3 are done. The .m2v is uploading now and according to the ftp client it will take 2.5 hours to upload. Keeping my fingers crossed that there are no problems in the upload :)

New Update: It now says only 1.5 hours remaining!! :thumbsup:
Larry, please check your email soon...thereīs a problem with the sinc of the soundtrack...wee are going to need a time of the fix/update!!!

Norm Sanders
06-03-2006, 05:00 PM
Thanks for the heads up on this thread, Jack. Too busy to even check the boards for new threads ...

Applying CC now, and am 99% done with all SFX and 5.1 mix (I've got to get it all done now & get this monkey off my back) ... Just rec'd the TEMPORARY FX from the VFX guy for the DVX cut, which I'll apply in a moment, and have rec'd the final score from the composer this AM.

And that's all for the full cut film, which comes in at 23 minutes ... then I'm PRAYING that all I have to do is open up the DVX cut project file, apply the condensed version of the score the composer gave me specific for that locked edit, and that everything I've done in the full cut will transfer over & apply to the DVX cut.

Larry Rutledge
06-03-2006, 09:26 PM
Uploaded!! :thumbsup:

Larry, please check your email soon...thereīs a problem with the sinc of the soundtrack...wee are going to need a time of the fix/update!!!

I responded to your e-mail, but I'll respond here as well. The time difference you are referring to is because of when we decided to slide the score down two seconds to account for the extra title card. The problem is that when you gave me the final score it was in a single file and I didn't take the 2 seconds into account for the second half of the music. I would need to cut 2 seconds out of the silence in the middle to fix it.

However, I really like it the way it is...I'm not sure it isn't a good idea to leave it. In particular the music at the moment he pulls the red item from the bag (sorry, speaking in code to avoid early promotion) is my favorite piece.

I'm not sure I can get the edit re-rendered in time to upload, but I'll see what I can do. I'll have to check the threads again and see when Jarred is cutting us off. But I think it is Sunday morning and that won't give me much time as my editing computer is being used right now for a different project.

For sure I can re-edit and re-encode for the DVD version.

I'll let you know.

Peace,
Larry

Beat Takeshi
06-03-2006, 11:19 PM
My score is on its way to my FTP in a few then its RENDERING TIME!

leogardini
06-03-2006, 11:26 PM
Ok Larry thanks...actually the music has been made perfectly for the movie, the way it is now clearly show it two seconds behind the scenes, try making an experience in you computer, you are going to see that the original way is much better...I understand how working it can be only to fix this two seconds in the current situation we are now, but if you have a chance please do so, fixing it will improve the work a lot!!!

Edgen
06-03-2006, 11:33 PM
FOR THE LOVE OF god.. (and composers... ) fix it!! :)

Leo, isn't it crazy that how we can pick that shit out and if the music is off slightly we know right off the bat causing us to cringe... ~~ There's been cases where I've had the score off by a 5-10 frames and you have come back.. "Ummm.. can you shift it a wee bit? if not.. that's cool. No? Oh. Ok, whatever. Sounds gReat then! .... PRINT it!" :)

Perhaps before it gets sent out to the final DVD burners, it'll definitely be updated.

/j

Larry Rutledge
06-04-2006, 12:01 AM
Leo, I totally understand...and I definitely want to make the change. My big problem is time....but I removed 2 seconds from the silent portion between the two main pieces and am re-rendering. If it completes the conversion by morning I will upload it.

For sure by the time we make the DVD version it will be 100% correct, but I think we can get this one corrected.

...then its RENDERING TIME! That would have made a good banner for this contest :grin:

Beat Takeshi
06-04-2006, 12:20 AM
:)

Got my score, adjusting and tweaking the end.

then its RENDERING TIME! ;)

Cryogenic Filmworks
06-04-2006, 12:22 AM
I have finally gotten my entry uploaded. Good luck to all.

Edgen
06-04-2006, 12:55 AM

Got my score, adjusting and tweaking the end.

then its RENDERING TIME! ;)
and...
Its "Peanut Butter (DVX) Render Time!!!"
http://www.myspacenow.com/myspace/animated136.gif
/j

Brandon Rice
06-04-2006, 01:01 AM
Ok peeps... start PM'ing me your titles... I'll put em' up in the list... give me a min. to clear out my inbox...

Beat Takeshi
06-04-2006, 02:06 AM
ITs ReNdErInG TiMe!!!
Ours be finished.

leogardini
06-04-2006, 06:20 AM
FOR THE LOVE OF god.. (and composers... ) fix it!! :)

Leo, isn't it crazy that how we can pick that shi* out and if the music is off slightly we know right off the bat causing us to cringe... ~~ There's been cases where I've had the score off by a 5-10 frames and you have come back.. "Ummm.. can you shift it a wee bit? if not.. that's cool. No? Oh. Ok, whatever. Sounds gReat then! .... PRINT it!" :)

Perhaps before it gets sent out to the final DVD burners, it'll definitely be updated.

/j
hehe, yes...usually we spend a lot of time just to find the strategic point in the movie and making experiences with diferents tempos and itīs kind of frustrating when we realise that this hard work has been gone by only two simple seconds:) !!!
Actually the first movie didnīt have my credits at the begining, than I started working with it and asked Larry for adding my name there...he added two seconds for my credits and the music got out of sinc, haha thaīt crazy...but itīs ok now, it will be fixed in the future versions!!!

Jack Daniel Stanley
06-04-2006, 06:22 AM
wait a minute ... you want to be credited?

hold on lets be reasonable here :grin:

Beat Takeshi
06-04-2006, 06:27 AM
uploading a 46 meg file to get it in and trying a recompress to shave off some phat.

Beat Takeshi
06-04-2006, 06:45 AM
Crap, Im not going to have time to upload a smaller file. By the time this compresses, I will be out the door for a shoot today that Im already late for.

Jack Daniel Stanley
06-04-2006, 06:47 AM
If you have a shoot, don't worry about it, just put it the 46mb up so Jarred can get started if he needs to and you can switch it later if people sweat the 6mb ... I doubt it though since this time its like home class room, what with all 20 of us :)

leogardini
06-04-2006, 06:50 AM
wait a minute ... you want to be credited?

hold on lets be reasonable here :grin:
Itīs a reasonable credit:Drogar-BigGrin(DBG) !!!

Edgen
06-04-2006, 10:16 AM
Actually the first movie didnīt have my credits at the begining, than I started working with it and asked Larry for adding my name there...

*GASP!*

snodart
06-04-2006, 12:41 PM
Well, I was hoping we could get some more of the score done, but it just didn't work out for us. We ended up with 30 seconds of score. What can you do....
It is so hard to let it go.
:crybaby:
Maybe if we make it as an entry for the screening or onto the DVD, Jarred will let us add the full score.
:) :) :)

Norm Sanders
06-04-2006, 01:03 PM
Okay, my eyes burn so badly I can hardly even look at the screen right now. I finished everything I could with the full cut last night, except for the FX which I'd rec'd some temporaries to throw over the DVXcut project ...

So it was about 2am that I opened up that project file, only to find out that EVERYTHING was out of sync somehow now. Somewhere along the line I'd done something to the full cut which through everything out of whack in the DVX cut ... UGH! So I had to completely recut it again, the only problem being that the composer had reworked the score to perfectly match the DVXcut "locked edit" (apparently not so locked, huh?) ...

I went to import the MOV file I had of it, but no pictre/video track ... so I had to rematch the film based on the AUDIO I could hear from the other file.

5am rolls around and my right eye is twitching so badly that the screen & half the room is vibrating/shaking ... realized my body was saying it was time to throw in the towel ... but at least I had it done & started a render.

Jarred had a KILLER tip for folks on Vegas to get a good QT7 file (mp4 extension), and it worked like a champ, coming in at 27MB. Realized that I'd left the VFX artist's credit out, so I'm re-rendering now, with a slighly higher data rate as well.

Missing a couple of key VFX, and what's there is fairly rough, but it overall still looks pretty good. The scrore's got a couple of rough transitions/blends, but overall the composer did a good job of cutting it down ... just hope I was able to get the film to match as close to possible as it did to the original cut!

Uploading shortly, PM'ing the title to Briceman.

Norm Sanders
06-04-2006, 02:33 PM
Uploading now ... but I got to the upload page & saw we could go 480 wide, and I was thinking half scale was 360 wide ... so I'm going to render it out again, this time with a wider frame, and replace the other file I'm uploading. Then have to render out the M2v & ac3 files.

Brandon Rice
06-04-2006, 03:16 PM
Hey updated! Glad to hear everyone's working hard to make this deadline... can't WAIT to see the films! :)

ChainSmoker
06-04-2006, 03:31 PM
Upload complete

Alex DePew
06-04-2006, 03:55 PM
Upload completed.

MikeZas
06-04-2006, 04:04 PM
Huzzah, upload complete. Now I wish I could say the same about the film....:(

Norm Sanders
06-04-2006, 04:08 PM
mp4 upload is officially complete (file on the desktop said 39.5MB, but the actual upload file is a HAIR over 40MB) ... anyway, hopefull will replace it within the hour with a larger 480wide pic, per the instructions. Taking about an hour & a half to render each time.

Larry Rutledge
06-04-2006, 04:21 PM
Upload was completed....re-upload is now complete

david jerome
06-04-2006, 04:37 PM
Uploaded last night. Forgot to post on thread.

arielman
06-04-2006, 05:11 PM
We uploaded at 1 am last night ..We submitted ours even though it isn't finished . there are faults in ours that we never had time to correct .
But we are in .
looking forward to see all the others .
Ian

Jarred Land
06-04-2006, 06:36 PM
We are still waiting for Jack now.

Larry Rutledge
06-04-2006, 06:40 PM
What a surprise....always waiting on JDS! :evil: :grin: Well, good luck Master Jack, I know it will be worth the wait! :thumbsup:

Jack Daniel Stanley
06-04-2006, 06:49 PM
huh what?

whattabout

Aram_Bauman/MsManhatten: "RFeyeD"
MikeZas
david jerome
ryskamrr
?????

is Bricey not updating accurately -- comeone dude- get on the ball :costumed-smiley-047

my projects a mess, I took it apart in so many different ways for the composer, the vfx artiss, the audio sweetener, and for uprezz on a 10 bit 4:2:2 16X9 timeline without CC (wanted to render all filters etc. in highest res / colorspace). So after compositing for 3 days, I've got all that organized and am just sticking it back together now and making sure its in sync.

NEVER again -- I'll work all the way through on a 4:3, drag that, fully cc'ed on to aan uncompressed 4:3, deatrifact, poilish croma, out put uncompress, and then drag in to a 16X9 timeline (or use instant HD if I can ever get it to work) and output, or uprezz in compressor -- no more working in 4:3 and then taking it apart to do over in 16X9 - you can't reaply the filters when you have dissolves and flash dissolves etc. and I can't drag the clips onto a 16X9 timeline before outputting and re importing because I play around so much with scaling and adding zooms in post.

anyway, it will be slipped under Jarred's pillow tonight in the correct format so no hold ups for getting the show on tomorrow:thumbsup:

counting render, I'm about six hours from upload.

Jarred Land
06-04-2006, 06:53 PM
Its all you Jack.. we be waiting for you.

Jack Daniel Stanley
06-04-2006, 06:55 PM
soon ... even though you nuked my HVX thread :crybaby:

Larry Rutledge
06-04-2006, 06:55 PM
Nice Jack, but quit typing here and get that thing rendered!!!

Yea, what's that about Jarred.....I liked that prank! Put it back, put it back! :)

Norm Sanders
06-04-2006, 07:07 PM
What HVX thread? I missed a prank?! Shoot. My 480 wide file looked kind of blotchy at only 31MB, so I'm trying to squeeze in a little more data for a cleaner looking file. I've got the 360 wide frame up on the server already, but I'm otherwise hoping to replace it with this.

Only two things I'm not lovin' about our film ... the FX, which were a VERY temporary patch to at least make more sense of the story & what's happening, and the fact that I know the full length story, and am afraid there's just too much missing in this & feels rushed. Otherwise, it still turned out pretty nice & can't wait to see all the rest of yours.

Just realized, unless there's a bunch of people that upload that haven't made themselves present, there'll likely be just enough of us that all our film threads can fit on ONE page!! Yippee! No more finding my film slammed back to the 3rd or 4th page! :)

Wonder how many people dropped out because they didn't know what the prizes were, or just felt if there were any it wasn't worth their time? Granted, a lot of people just couldn't pull it together in time, but would they have worked that much harder had they known there was some grand booty waiting for them? Personally, I don't worry too much about the prizes, as I think is the same with most that have submitted this time ... it's about seeing the completed project through & taking another step up the ladder of having a perfect film someday.

Larry Rutledge
06-04-2006, 07:11 PM
There are more than 2 things that I am not "lovin' " about my film...but then I guess we always see all the faults in our own work.

Good luck everyone.

Beat Takeshi
06-04-2006, 07:45 PM
Larry, its a time sensitive contest. These are not faults in any of these movies, they are what it takes to get it done in time. I look at ours and wish we had a better way to tell back story but I wasnt about to do any voice overs. I almost cracked though and started to mention it to MsManhattan but she kept the eye on the prize and we were able to do without them. We learned a ton on this joint here and people were happy with the final so its all good. :)

Edgen
06-04-2006, 08:01 PM
ya, this was definitely a learning experience for me. Talking about a crash course in learning AE and compression. Yikes. Just a waitin' now.

/j

Beat Takeshi
06-04-2006, 08:22 PM
Wonder how many people dropped out because they didn't know what the prizes were, or just felt if there were any it wasn't worth their time? Granted, a lot of people just couldn't pull it together in time, but would they have worked that much harder had they known there was some grand booty waiting for them? Personally, I don't worry too much about the prizes, as I think is the same with most that have submitted this time ... it's about seeing the completed project through & taking another step up the ladder of having a perfect film someday.

Yeah, if it is something "super" nice like an HVX it would probably be better to keep it under wraps until the end to keep the pros from coming in and taking it with a 30 man crew.
This was another step up the ladder for us too and had a blast doing it.

Now its time to pass out until next week some time. I just got back from the shoot and the rain held out right until we wrapped thank god because I think we had like 5-6 DVXs to shoot some green screen and a nice Refrigerator being dropped from a crane. Those things are pretty durable even after it was cut into to make it collapse. Nothing like hanging out and breaking stuff with big machinery.

Beat Takeshi
06-04-2006, 08:57 PM
WTF, I though the FTP was going to be closed this morning. I could have let my composer work another day since she only had 2 days to work on it. MINGA!

Edgen
06-04-2006, 09:06 PM
jarred must have had a really late start today or too an extra long walk on the beach. :) He's probably still hanging out drinking a maragita just laughing at all us foos.
:costumed-smiley-047

/j

Mike McNeese
06-04-2006, 09:14 PM
Yeah, I'm ready to start watching some of this stuff!!!

snodart
06-04-2006, 09:15 PM
I'de better hurry... I added a bit or two to our unfinished score. I just need to upload and replace my old version......

Jarred Land
06-04-2006, 09:30 PM
Just waiting for Jack then we are golden guys.. depending when that is, hell we may even be able to start tonight.

Brandon Rice
06-04-2006, 09:32 PM
Dude... I'm excited about all these films!

Brandon Rice
06-04-2006, 09:33 PM
hell we may even be able to start tonight.

That would be SOOOO freakin' cool!

Jarred Land
06-04-2006, 09:33 PM
Yeah brandon you can update the front list, everyone but Jack got theirs in.

Brandon Rice
06-04-2006, 09:35 PM
cool done... c'mon Jack... let's see, last for the Sci-fest DVD... last for the herofest... do I sense a pattern ;) Just kidding buddy! Can't wait to see your film, I am sure it'll be well worth the wait!

Edgen
06-04-2006, 09:36 PM
Damnit Jim!! I mean.. Jack! :)

pulllin' in the rear. He Must be drunk from all the whiskey.

/j

Brandon Rice
06-04-2006, 09:36 PM
LOL! Ok guys... I'm going to go play some tennis... I'll be back in an hour... c'mon Jack, that gives you enough time :) :) Peace! I'm excited!

Jarred Land
06-04-2006, 09:37 PM
snodart.. i see you just logged in, if you upload now i can swap the updated one out for ya when your done the upload.

snodart
06-04-2006, 09:38 PM
Jarred, I am uploading a newer version as I type.... My old folder is gone. I made a new one... Am I good?

snodart
06-04-2006, 09:39 PM
You the man. Thanks. I'm doing the .mov first, but the m2v is a slow go for upload.

EDIT: I had to throw in some random keyboard for our score since the magic music maker is an overworked ER doc. I'm not sure how it will sound, but it seems better with something.

Jarred Land
06-04-2006, 09:39 PM
believe it or not we dont have any HVX entries yet.. so everyone is on the level.

JimtheJib
06-04-2006, 09:40 PM
tension building... must see super hero films *turns green, rips shirt off, HULK!*

Jack Daniel Stanley
06-04-2006, 09:43 PM
I just got a really bad work flow

These 15 second scenes are taking an hour to flatten so I can drop em in the 16X9 timeline with all the motion manipulation in tact.

Only 1 minute to output and bring back after render though.

But it'll be tonight ... so nothing is, or will be held up guys. :)

I only have two more to work flows like that and then double check my audio
(not gonna get it perfect just make sure all the clips are copied) and then render and upload.

at this poing its basically do you want to see a flick where the aspect ratio randomly changes and sometimes there's a clip with CC missing tomorrow

or

do you want to see a flick where its normal looking tomorrow

I don't think I could get it stuck together any quicker the broken way anyhow.

EDIT: Didn't see that Jarred was thinking of putting them up tonight. Not likely on my end. Sorry. I would have just put up crap if I knew that. But like I said its all apart now and not easy to put back together.

Beat Takeshi
06-04-2006, 09:46 PM
Well some people uploaded what they had because thats whats supposed to happen when theres a deadline. How do you think the guy feels that uploaded 30 seconds of score because he was trying to make the deadline? Thats not right...

Jack Daniel Stanley
06-04-2006, 09:47 PM
Fu ck it, I'm out of the contest.

You guys go ahead.

Have fun.

Jarred Land
06-04-2006, 09:48 PM
wait you said 6 hours 4 hours ago, are you saying you wont be ready till tomorrow now?

Aaron Marshall
06-04-2006, 09:49 PM
No way Jack. Tweak it and get it uploaded. I'm too intrigued by your title.

Jarred Land
06-04-2006, 09:50 PM
yeah dont be a pussy Jack.. get your shiit together and get it done already.

Edgen
06-04-2006, 09:51 PM
ya dude.. you can't bail yet. at least get the .mov uploaded. :)

/j

Beat Takeshi
Just upload what you have, everyone else has. All that work not to submit will eat you up inside.

MsManhattan
Come on, just put up what you have -- do it for Jessie... You are just being too hard on yourself

Jarred Land
06-04-2006, 09:54 PM
Jack needs to invest in a faster computer :)

im fine with it.. im sitting back watching these things 1 by 1 and so far im pretty impressed. Good work guys!

Beat Takeshi
06-04-2006, 09:54 PM
i have a 2 night score and chopped some stuff Justin said I could use just to get it in. Theres always the DVD to make it right. We are missing scenes we wish we could get in there and we are just going to shoot them for the DVD.

snodart
06-04-2006, 09:59 PM
Jarred, I just f-ked up while rushing. There will be two .mov files.... the correct one is snodart-justin-cache2. I'm exporting the m2v now from FCP and will upload that with audio file as soon as .mov is done uploading.

Jack, we already know your stuff rocks.

EDIT: .mov is uploaded! DVD files are on the way.

Jack Daniel Stanley
06-04-2006, 10:01 PM
it's not that --

i'm not tweaking the hell out of it or anything

its just all apart on different timelines and diferent work flows -- its just gonna take what it takes to put it back together, and i'm not uploading last weeks rough cut with music from the composer and stuff I through in from apple loops and VFX from one guy that tried out for the job but didn't get mixed in with drafts from the guy who did get the job.

I'm saying I didn't want to enter it under a negative cloud, which is where it seemed this thread was going.

BTW other people have and are now updating there score, recompressing etc...

I have all the pieces of my film finished - score - Vfx, sound, I'm just tryting to get it rendered on the same time line to get them uploaded, after I spent a week coordinating everything for other people and (DISCLAIMER: yes yes yes) then wed - friday compositing (that's where I could have cut corners, but I didn't know it would back up on the end like this - I am prettty much a one man band and not a professional so figuring out the workflow with other people envolved in post is a new learning exp.)

I didn't think it would be a big deal since we weren't supposed to start until tomorrow

I spent the time I did compositing and trying to uprezz etc. Because I wanted to share the best film I could make with you guys and really thought we would have through Sunday - just as Norm did, and just as Aram thought we would have through Saturday to finish it up based on what a "soft deadline" has meant in the past.

I'll finish it and enter it because Jarred is fine with it.

But I'm kind of on a set track and it would be dumb now, after all of this, to upload an old rough cut or something which wouldn't show the composer or audio sweetener or VFX artists work at all.

Jarred Land
06-04-2006, 10:01 PM
yes you guys have at least a week to get your DVD mpg uploaded.

Beat Takeshi
06-04-2006, 10:03 PM
A Week!?!?! Hell no I want a month! ;)
j/k
I guess Im not shooting those shots.

snodart
06-04-2006, 10:04 PM
yes you guys have at least a week to get your DVD mpg uploaded.

Nice. So whats the gig on longer versions. Mine would only add around 1:30 I think... And it is okay to make corrections and such for the DVD version?

Beat Takeshi
06-04-2006, 10:13 PM
At least I can tweak some for the DVD.
So whats the verdict? Im way past my bedtime and Im only staying up to see if we are ready like freddy.

Jarred Land
06-04-2006, 10:19 PM
Yeah you can add time to the DVD version no problem.

Doesnt look like Jack is gonna roll with us tonight so goto bed, and we will rock out the viewing as planned tomorrow morning.

Beat Takeshi
06-04-2006, 10:20 PM
ok dude, thanks again for giving us this opportunity to make films again.
Good night.

Edgen
06-04-2006, 10:24 PM
Good night? Its only 9:00.

soo.. what's the total tally count for this one?
and.. since I'm new to the fest.. How many were in the previous versions?

/j

Beat Takeshi
06-04-2006, 10:26 PM
Yeah and for some dumb reason Im still refreshing the page. I need sleeeeep.

Beat Takeshi
06-04-2006, 10:27 PM
I like that you keep changing you sig pic. I was thinking the same thing with it pulling down a little more.

Edgen
06-04-2006, 10:30 PM
Ya, I guess I have nothing better to do :)

I suppose I should just give it up. It was like a big picket line out front a while ago and now everyone just gave up and went home.

/j

Beat Takeshi
06-04-2006, 10:31 PM
Looks like its an even 20 hero lovers.
Less than half of the last contest I believe.

Jack Daniel Stanley
06-04-2006, 10:35 PM
Ya, I guess I have nothing better to do :) ...

yeah me neither ... Joking!

ok that section is done renderring

back to work

Edgen
06-04-2006, 10:37 PM
Ya jack.. you've got no excuse for still hanging out in here..

*CRacks a WHiP!*
"If you don't eat your meat... you can't have any....."

/j

Larry Rutledge
06-04-2006, 10:46 PM
PLEASE JACK!!! You have to enter! I'd hate to win this thing with you not in it...cause then you would always tell me my win wasn't real since I didn't have to face off against you! :evil: :grin:

Get it together...one more alnighter and you're in!! Come on, you can do it! I know you can!! :)

snodart
06-04-2006, 11:43 PM
I was bored.....
http://snodart.com/snodpublic/JDS.jpg

Jack Daniel Stanley
06-04-2006, 11:46 PM
LMFAO :grin:

haha, thanks I needed that :)

you're psychic too ...
I just hit render on my time line -- picture is locked and will take about 2 hours to render.

While that's going on I'll marry the score with the sweetened audio in Cubase

and then its ...

Brandon Rice
06-04-2006, 11:50 PM
Cool Jack... two hours works for me :) I gotta take a shower... Do laundry, etc... I can wait... oh and I can't wait to see your film!

Aaron Marshall
06-04-2006, 11:50 PM
I'll use the force and make your render time faster.

kyledroid
06-04-2006, 11:53 PM
Im DYING here. I need my fix (hunched over and scratching my arms furiously).

Brandon Rice
06-04-2006, 11:53 PM
Hey... unlike sci-fest I haven't posted over 100 times today... LOL! I just played tennis... fun times! Anyone like tennis here?

kyledroid
06-04-2006, 11:55 PM
Hey... unlike sci-fest I haven't posted over 100 times today... LOL! I just played tennis... fun times! Anyone like tennis here?

Dude, Im all about the tennis. I practice everyday.

Brandon Rice
06-04-2006, 11:59 PM
cool... just played for the first time a few days ago... LOVE IT.

kyledroid
06-05-2006, 12:01 AM
it's the ultimate.

Brandon Rice
06-05-2006, 12:03 AM
Just updated the titles... Cool stuff!

Edgen
06-05-2006, 12:08 AM
You let you borrow my Ninjas. They're super dooper speedy.

Love Tennis!

/j

Brandon Rice
06-05-2006, 12:19 AM
How's it coming Jack? :) Bricey wants to see some movies :)

Aaron Marshall
06-05-2006, 12:21 AM
Everyone say, "dittle little loo, dittle little loo" to speed his computer up.

kyledroid
06-05-2006, 12:22 AM
losing all upper brain functions...me wanteee fIlMs.

snodart
Are they going to be up for viewing tonigh?

Edgen
but... the gates won't open up until tomorrow anyway right? Or do they open when J-Dog's film is finished and uploaded?

/j

Aaron Marshall
06-05-2006, 12:23 AM
yo I think it's when J-dizzle Stansizzles film is finished word

Brandon Rice
06-05-2006, 12:28 AM
yo I think it's when J-dizzle Stansizzles film is finished word
WORD!

Jack Daniel Stanley
06-05-2006, 12:29 AM
render says an hour still,
AFTER that it will take me an hour to slap the audio on (which I'm working on in a different app, make sure its synced and upload)
Now this is just rendering in the timeline, it make take a couple of hours to render out teh h.264.

So in two hours or so its RENDER time.

... hold on I'll stop the timeline render and export it just to see what time it quotes then continue the timeline render ...

then you will have a total quote
1Hour render in time line
45 min put sound back in
????? render h.264
15 min upload

Jack

Then it just depends if Jarred is awake and wants to put them on now or not.

snodart
06-05-2006, 12:35 AM
I'll probably hit the sack then and check back in the AM. Good luck Jack. May the render Gods shine down on you.

RDragonFilms
06-05-2006, 12:37 AM
I'm sure I uploaded mine, worked on it Friday until 2 am. Anyway of telling if it worked?

Jack Daniel Stanley
06-05-2006, 12:37 AM
I'll probably hit the sack then and check back in the AM. Good luck Jack. May the render Gods shine down on you.

well they are not ... there's a problem with compressor.

there's a common bug that makes it show render times of 90 hours and such (as mine just did)

I'll have to reinstall and trash some prefs, when fixed it won't be 90 hours -- but it won't be tonight -- or nor anytime soon tonight.

Edgen
06-05-2006, 12:39 AM
Ooh.. Ooh.. Its....

You know it... "PEaNut ButteR RendeR Time!!"

http://www.myspacenow.com/myspace/animated136.gif

Brandon Rice
06-05-2006, 12:39 AM
well they are not ... there's a problem with compressor.

there's a common bug that makes it show render times of 90 hours and such (as mine just did)

I'll have to reinstall and trash some prefs, when fixed it won't be 90 hours -- but it won't be tonight -- or nor anytime soon tonight.

Wait, you just lost everything? :(:(

Edgen
06-05-2006, 12:41 AM
"... Where it at.. Where it at!"

Aaron Marshall
06-05-2006, 12:41 AM
I'm sure I uploaded mine, worked on it Friday until 2 am. Anyway of telling if it worked?

It should be up if you uploaded it. Jarred moves them to a safe place once they're upped.

PM Briceman and tell him your title.

Jack Daniel Stanley
06-05-2006, 12:42 AM
Wait, you just lost everything? :(:(

No no ... you have to reinstall compressor to make it not take 6 or 7 days to render something.

So when the timeline is done rendering I'm going to have to go to FCP supprort online and find my software disks and trash preferences and reinstall the compression app.

movie is still fine and rendering for the next 33 minutes in FCP.

Brandon Rice
06-05-2006, 12:42 AM
wordage...

RDragonFilms
06-05-2006, 12:43 AM
Thank you so much. I really appriciate it

Brandon Rice
06-05-2006, 12:43 AM
No no ... you have to reinstall compressor to make it not take 6 or 7 days to render something.

So when the timeline is done rendering I'm going to have to go to FCP supprort online and find my software disks and trash preferences and reinstall the compression app.

movie is still fine and rendering for the next 33 minutes in FCP.

whew....

J.R. Hudson
06-05-2006, 12:45 AM
Edgen

I have been loving your Sig by the way

Edgen
06-05-2006, 12:50 AM
Edgen

I have been loving your Sig by the way

Thanks Esse :costumed-smiley-047

I've got like 15 of them made in total. :) Its on #8 right now. Hopefully when we have our threads, i'll put them all up.

so how does the viewing of the 'show' take place? Is there just hard links to each of the films? And.. Wouldn't that kill the DVXuser server? I think i read in the past entries everyone had to host their own film.

or is this another part of Jarred arsenal of hidden treasures lined up?

/j

Brandon Rice
06-05-2006, 12:50 AM
Yeah, cool sig... hey, got your film on there Dragon...

Brandon Rice
06-05-2006, 12:52 AM
In sci-fest Jarred uploaded the individual films as well as some zip files... but there are a LOT less films this time around (at least judging by the list we've compiled here) So, I imagine just a single film link will work for this one...

RDragonFilms
06-05-2006, 12:53 AM
Thanks ^_^ now I can sleep pretty easy tonight

Jarred Land
06-05-2006, 12:54 AM
Im waiting Jack... :)

To vote on the films your gonna download a 800mb zip file that has every single film in it, and a ballot. You watch them one by one and vote with the ballet, so you can do it whenever you can in the next week.. on the bus, at home offline etc. put them on your ipod if you want. whatever turns your crank.

Brandon Rice
06-05-2006, 12:59 AM
That's cool man... Sounds good.

Edgen
06-05-2006, 01:02 AM
Holy SMOKES jim!!! I bet that's gonna eat your bandwidth alive! I assume you've got some mirrors and sponsors to take care of that or perhaps a cap on the bandwidth and monitor any spikes?

Plus, are you going to do any promotion via the DVX user website? Say.. a mass email or banners to promote the fest? I would say its a good guess that some of these members have been in hibernation and a little kicker would get everyone back. Not to mention extra traffic, extra people and their buddies telling their other buddies about this fantastic site as a filmmakers haven of resources.

/j

Jarred Land
06-05-2006, 01:03 AM
Few people asking me if they uploaded.. Attrocity is fine . If you look at the first post here that Briceman has put together you can see the list of films that are uploaded. if your name isnt on that list, something went wrong.

Brandon Rice
06-05-2006, 01:04 AM
coolness... Jack, what's your ETA?

*Goes to put laundry in the dryer*

Jarred Land
06-05-2006, 01:05 AM
Holy SMOKES jim!!! I bet that's gonna eat your bandwidth alive! I assume you've got some mirrors and sponsors to take care of that or perhaps a cap on the bandwidth and monitor any spikes?

/j

Yes.. its gonna cost me some pretty $$ i bandwidth bills.. but its how i give back to you guys for sweating your asses off making these films for the community. There are 3 mirrors so we should be fine for awhile, the lower # of films helps a little.

Norm Sanders
06-05-2006, 01:06 AM
Yeah, Jarred usually makes a big banner on the front index page, once the festival's opened up for viewing/judging.

To answer someone's question about if there's less films (or how much less) than the previous fest, the history as best I can recall it is this:

ONE SCRIPT FESTIVAL: 8 Films?

Then Jarred decided to really promote the next festival, which was ZOMBIE FEST: 80 Films

SCI-FI FEST: 60 Films

HERO FEST: 20+ Films?

snodart
06-05-2006, 01:10 AM

One script for all to use? That's awesome. Not so good for those who like to write though. A nice way to see how others translate the same story though.

Norm Sanders
06-05-2006, 01:15 AM
Yeah, I believe it would have been a cool excercise. There were a few "Fill In The Blanks", I believe, so there could be SOME variation for the viewers, but not a lot. I wans't even aware of the festivals then, until Jarred had promoted Zombie Fest.

Do or die, I HAVE to sit the next festival out ... maybe even just log off of DVXuser for a few months so I'm not tempted - since I said I wouldn't do this one, and here I am :) ... got a bigger film that I want to shoot this October, and I've promised my wife I'd take some time off from the non-paying work.

Brandon Rice
06-05-2006, 01:17 AM
haha... yeah I hear ya Norm... I've been limited in my time on here too... couldn't make the herofest either...... Dude, I ain't even married yet and I have no time... uhoh...

Edgen
06-05-2006, 01:17 AM
Y

Then Jarred decided to really promote the next festival, which was ZOMBIE FEST: 80 Films

just shows how awful zombie movies can be and peeps probably were like.. "Dude... i could make a movie better than this crap. OOh. There's a festival I hear? Hell ya, I've got a camera. Some actors. A recipe for blood that I've bookmarked for years now. A cool Ax at my grandpa's shed. A girlfriend willing to act for favors. Bingo. Score. I'm gonna do it.

Hero Fest... "Ooh snap. I need special Effects with the computer. I don't think I can pull it off without making it look silly."

Ooh.. and sci fi.. "Man o' man.. FINaLLY! I can use that old abandoned warehouse on the edge of town and looks like it came STRAIGHT from a sci-fi epic.."

am I close?

/j

Brandon Rice
06-05-2006, 01:18 AM
sorta probably... :) The sci-fest had some really stinkin' cool flicks in it...

RDragonFilms
06-05-2006, 01:25 AM
Thanks, sorry to be a pain, i'm just making sure or hubby will be really dissapointed if it didn't get up there in time,.. but thanks and disregard my PM then. Sorry again!!

Brandon Rice
06-05-2006, 01:30 AM
Got it all sorted out?

Jack Daniel Stanley
06-05-2006, 01:30 AM
DAMNIT

briceman you jinxed me

my whole system just crashed and I lost about 10 minutes of work (whew) and all 1 hours of render! (can't save while rendering)

Also as per my last postl, Compressor is having a known bug and will need to be reinstalled or it will take 4 or 5 days to render the H.264.

So I have two hours of render ahead in the NLE, plus howeverling it takes to reinstall compressor and then render the h.264. Might take a half hour might take to.

If I render a 480 h.264 at 800mb data rate out of FCP then it takes about 20 minutes but I don't know how close I'll come to the file size.

I'll try that first after the timeline is done rendering and if I'm within 10MB I'll upload and replace it later if its too big.

best case scenario
1 hours render in NLE
30 min to make sure the audio is back in and synced
30 min to ???? to render H.264.

or

1 hours render in NLE
30 min to make sure the audio is back in and synced
2 - 4 hours to troubleshoot compressor and render H.264.

could be up in 2 hours , could be up in 4

Hoping we can just start tomorrow as per original planl.

my file will be up tonight, but like an hour before Jarred gets up , not an hour before he goes to bed most likely.

Brandon Rice
06-05-2006, 01:32 AM
dude Jack... sorry :(:(:(

Jack Daniel Stanley
06-05-2006, 01:41 AM
HOLD ON!

FCP is only saying 30 Minutes to render timeline now :thumbsup:

we may be back on track!

Brandon Rice
06-05-2006, 01:41 AM
ok.... heading to bed..... good luck Jack... got er' done :) Looking forward to seeing all of them tomorrow during my lunch break or something :)

Aaron Marshall
06-05-2006, 01:42 AM
Yeah you gotta ignore those bullshit time calculations sometimes. They're not the real deal. If I listened to my machines estimates every time I'd pull my hair out.

Kholi
06-05-2006, 01:45 AM
yeah right I'm staying awake to see these. =PGoto sleep, Aaron!

Brandon Rice
06-05-2006, 01:45 AM
I am happy that Avid has no time calculations :)

Jarred Land
06-05-2006, 01:47 AM
Yeah, Jarred usually makes a big banner on the front index page, once the festival's opened up for viewing/judging.

To answer someone's question about if there's less films (or how much less) than the previous fest, the history as best I can recall it is this:

yes.. The one script thing was kinda a starter Barry and a few people kinda got started.. I saw potential so got behind Zombiefest and gave it a go. Scifest was harder than to make a zombie flick, but i gave away one of my cameras so i think it atracted a few extra people. Hero Fest some people just didnt get, but I also think alot of people dropped out cause of conflicting projects.. I know a few in town here in LA that just couldnt finish.

Aaron Marshall
06-05-2006, 01:49 AM
yeah right I'm staying awake to see these. =PGoto sleep, Aaron!

Noct isn't some clever name. I'm a hoot owl! hoo hoo, hoo hoo

Brandon Rice
06-05-2006, 01:53 AM
I know a few in town here in LA that just couldnt finish.

Yeah... *cough*.... life is just too busy!

Norm Sanders
06-05-2006, 01:53 AM
but I also think alot of people dropped out cause of conflicting projects.. I know a few in town here in LA that just couldnt finish.

Yep, this is a BUSY time for those who work in the industry. Even though the holidays are a real stink to work around people's personal schedules, the industry itself is pretty slow then, so it gave an opportunity to still have a lot of entries.

Bottom line, I think the zombie genre was probably the least intimidating to tackle, because most of the movies out there are pretty simple, so it seemed like an easier task & just plain fun to get together with some friends & make a quick horror flick.

Edgen
06-05-2006, 01:56 AM
Yeah you gotta ignore those bullshi* time calculations sometimes. They're not the real deal. If I listened to my machines estimates every time I'd pull my hair out.

ha!! Usually my estimated times are even longer! (sorry Jack.. didn't want to get your hopes up too much back there in the caboose)

/j

Brandon Rice
06-05-2006, 01:56 AM
Ok... I'm really out... can'...tt....s...tay...aw...a...ke....any....l...o ng....er........,....

Norm Sanders
06-05-2006, 01:59 AM
Not even going to try to stay away ... have to hit the hay & just dream about seeing these all tomorrow.

G'Night all!

Edgen
06-05-2006, 01:59 AM
Just think of it like christmas.. You goto bed, wake up and Boooyyaa! Presents and an assload of candy to rott your face for days to come. :)

/j

Brandon Rice
06-05-2006, 02:01 AM
haha good idea... christmas in June comes tomorrow :) night all.... good luck Jack, and thanks for staying up till' the wee hours to get this project in... I really can't wait to see it!

kyledroid
06-05-2006, 02:22 AM
im still here

Edgen
06-05-2006, 03:11 AM
*cricket*

guess everyone went to bed and gave up on the tidal wave of posts. and ya. i'm done too.

Good night. And Good Luck.

/j

Jarred Land
06-05-2006, 03:16 AM
im waiting for Jack.. but i have a feeling he fell asleep watching the beachball spin.

Jarred Land
06-05-2006, 03:25 AM
Ok the viewing officially is starting.. the individual files are being put onto the server 1 at a time, Ill put the zip files up when Jack gets his in tomorrow. So start picking them off if you are eager.

http://www.dvxuser2.com/herofest/

PlayMaker_Shaun
06-05-2006, 06:15 AM
How many are there total? and you got mine right Superzeros?

Ian Slessor
06-05-2006, 06:23 AM
Ok the viewing officially is starting... So start picking them off if you are eager.

Locked and loaded, sir.

"Picking off" commencing...... NOW!

Geez, I'm excited.

MsManhattan
06-05-2006, 06:50 AM

I don't think it was called a "festival," but I'm proud to say Aram and I entered the first contest (I wasn't yet a member), which was to create a one- to two- minute film around the theme "Do you ever feel like you're being watched?" That was April 2004.

Shaun Patrick
06-05-2006, 06:52 AM
Ok the viewing officially is starting.. the individual files are being put onto the server 1 at a time, Ill put the zip files up when Jack gets his in tomorrow. So start picking them off if you are eager.

Are you still posting films to the site Jarred? I don't see ours up there yet, "J.U.L." ... Just checking.

Aaron Marshall
06-05-2006, 06:57 AM
Yeah don't worry, they're still going up.

MsManhattan
06-05-2006, 06:59 AM
Ours isn't up either... "RF EYE-D"

Oh... just saw the post from Noct -- cool.

Jack Daniel Stanley
06-05-2006, 07:01 AM
im waiting for Jack.. but i have a feeling he fell asleep watching the beachball spin.
I've been done but I'm in compression hell.

Compressor has a bug where if there are remants of an older version of Compressor on youre hardrive then it quotes (and means) 90 hour render times

If I go straight out of FCP then the file is twice a big as it should be.

So doing a reinstall now.

*sigh*

Aaron Marshall
06-05-2006, 07:01 AM
I wouldn't worry about it. It'll be up. He has it automated. See the funny file with all the weird numbers and letters? That's the current file being uploaded. Once that is uploaded you'll see the list expand and another chaotic bunch of numbers and letters.

At this rate they should all be up in a couple of hours, no problem.

Shaun Patrick
06-05-2006, 07:27 AM
Word. Thanks, Noct.

Brandon Rice
06-05-2006, 07:52 AM
ah... it's christmas morning!!!

Beat Takeshi
06-05-2006, 07:53 AM
Our movie isnt in there again, this happened last time too.
oh ok, they are still going?

EDIT ok we are good. Its up.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

Jarred Land
06-05-2006, 08:37 AM
last one is going up i think.. then ill dump them onto a mirror. Then, as usual, we will wait for jack :)

Beat Takeshi
06-05-2006, 08:39 AM
:P

could you rename mine and take out smaller please?

I should have put it at the end of the file name.sorry about that

Jack Daniel Stanley
06-05-2006, 08:41 AM
last one is going up i think.. then ill dump them onto a mirror. Then, as usual, we will wait for jack :) 12 minutes to upload

12 minutes I tell you.

12 minutes.

no really

(i had to make space on my hard drive - my full quality movie was bigger than the available space so it couldn't thinnk basicaly while trying to compress)

Hey can we have banners for our films this time?

There ares so few of us it would be nice to make some noise.

Aram's uncovered Banner in his thread is cool.

Can we unleash him to wear it around DVXuser?

EDIT: 8 mins and counting

Jack Daniel Stanley
06-05-2006, 08:51 AM
MOTHER F#@%$#@
its 43.9 MB!!

OK ... make that upload in a half hour !

Jack Daniel Stanley
06-05-2006, 09:24 AM
BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
http://www.smileys.ws/smls/laughing/00000012.gif
39.6 MB
FINALLLLEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Aggghh AHhhha wwooohoo yeahhahahahahahahahah.

UPLOADING NOW.

Larry Rutledge
06-05-2006, 09:33 AM
WOO HOO! Can't wait to see it JDS! You da' man, except when Jarred's arround...then he's da' man. But in the meantime, you da' man....know what I mean? :grin:

Jack Daniel Stanley
06-05-2006, 09:34 AM

thanks Larry

Aaron Marshall
06-05-2006, 09:42 AM
I'm jones'n for a JDS film. Hurry up and get that sucker uploaded.

Jack Daniel Stanley
06-05-2006, 10:08 AM
I'm jones'n for a JDS film. Hurry up and get that sucker uploaded.
http://frenchquarterfeatures.com/upload.gif

snodart
06-05-2006, 11:00 AM
Lol!!

Brandon Rice
06-05-2006, 11:19 AM
go jack go!!

Edgen
06-05-2006, 11:46 AM
yee haw! Christmas morning! :) now to rub the sleep out of my eyes to watch these damn things.

/j